Chapter 20 : The Theme Park Date

The Ice Princess's Mission to Heal Chanyeol's Heart

Chaeyoung staggered to her left, bumping into Chanyeol who was leaning against the white fence, dizzy after the fun round of spinning cups. 

Chanyeol caught Chaeyoung and balanced her. "You okay dara-ya?" 

She shook her head and giggled, "I think I need to sit down." 

She sat down on the floor with her legs crossed, looking up at Chanyeol. He chuckled and corrected her flopsided beanie, before sitting down beside her. 

"Where to next?" Chanyeol asked, grinning. She shrugged, "I don't know, eat the churros and popcorn you saved for me." 

Chanyeol's cheek was flushed as he tried to deny the fact he specifically asked Taehyuck to save Chaeyoung's favorite theme park snacks.

She laughed and cupped Chanyeol's face, "Your face is so warm and red!" 

He pushed her hand lightly, "We went crazy at the spinning cup! What do you expect?" He defended himself pinching her cheek in revenge.

"Yah!" Chaeyoung pushed away his hand and glared at him before bursting into a loud laugh.

"I know i know, not the face." He rolled his eyes joining Chaeyoung's laugh parade.
 
As the laughter died down, Taehyuck came smiling suspiciously, "I'll meet you at the bench infront of the souvenir shop with you food your highnesses." he said and bowed. 

Chanyeol laughed and told him to quit teasing them. Chanyeol stood up in one go and helped her to get back on her feet. "Can you walk or are you still dizzy?" 

"I'm perfectly fine, i can do cartwheels even." She replied flipping her hair and winked at him. He scoffed and told her to prove it.

She kept beating around the bush and when she finally did it, she tumbled. Chanyeol came running, worried about her well-being, but she was laughing.

"Sorry chan-ah. I'm a retired cheerleader." She said reaching her hand out to him. His worried expression turned into a smile as he helped her up on her feet.

"Should i try again?" She asked brushing the invisible dirt of her pants.

He shook his head bending down to take her fallen beanie, he looked at her and put his cap on her head instead, keeping the beanie in his pocket, "Yah~ You look pretty in everything." 

Chaeyoung twirled around Chanyeol, "I know~~" 

He scoffed and rolled his eyes. She looked at him, "so should i try to cart wheel again?"

"No way. Both of your cousins will kill me." He chuckled pulling her closer to his side.

She laughed and shrugged with a smudged smile, "I'm the princess you see."

Chanyeol rolled his eyes for the twentieth time that night, "Yeah-yeah, you're a princess." 

She showed two thumbs up to him, telling him it's good he acknowledges her as a princess. 

"Okay then princess young, i think i owe you an apology." He said bowing in front of her.

"For what?"

"Calling you a brat when you're really nice." He said rubbing the nape of his neck, an apologetic expression visible on his face.

She shrugged pulling his arms towards her, dragging him towards the area of the souvenir shop, "I really don't mind. But I was just pissed off about something at that time so I let my anger out at you. I'm sorry yeol-da."

He smiled, "Yeah. Erm, i guess, me and baekhyun is progressing." 

She nodded with a proud mother smile, "So I've heard. And Clara?"

Chanyeol shrugged, "I don't know. I get occupied with all the work and playing games with the boys, but at night when jongin sleeps, she pops in my head at times."

"You have the urge to text her don't you?" She said, all of her attention given to the tall guy. He nodded in response and sighed. 

"Yeah i still get the urge to text him at times." She said quietly. He looked at her with a puzzled expression.

A sad smile was visible on her face, "My first ever serious boyfriend dumped me for my y but all so innocent friend." 

"Oh." 

She laughed, "Cliché, I know! But it's different with you and Baekhyun though." 

"How so?" He asked, his eyebrows knitted together.

She laughed, "You look like gargamel from the smurfs." 

Chanyeol frowned and smacked her arm, "Yah! I like it better when you are all serious with less teasing."

She stucked her tongue out and explained, "Well Clara was just a confused, little kitten who has always denied the fact that she liked Byun Baekhyun the tiny puppy  who is just as confused as Clara. My ex was a bad guy, a player who have always had his eyes on my seemingly perfect but is actually a backstabber, best friend."

Chanyeol nodded and asked with a teasing smile, "Did he break up with you on text?" 

Chaeyoung laughed and pinched his arm, "Yah! This is not a drama! My life is not that cliché okay."

Chanyeol grumbled in pain, "Yeah yeah okay your life is soooooooo not cliché." 

She shrugged with a smile, she had never felt this comfortable with someone except for her family since she got betrayed by her best friend and ex-boyfriend.

"Is he korean?" Chanyeol suddenly curious, asked.

She nodded and laughed, "I first met him at my best friend's house during chuseok."

Chanyeol told her that was so drama like and that her life was cliché. They end up teasing each other and laughing all night long.
 



"Taehyuck hyung is so annoying, how dare he leave us wondering around alone trying  to find the carousel." Chanyeol babbled. When they were eating snacks at one of the light blue benches, bad mouthing Chaeyoung's ex (even though Chanyeol has never met him) Taehyuck had left them there telling them he needed to use the restroom. But Chanyeol found it suspicious because Taehyuck had run off with a box of churros.

When he called the older guy, he told them he was waiting for them at the carousel. Chanyeol tried to pretend he's cool and took the lead. The thing was, he was bad at directions and had lead Chaeyoung to the other side of the theme park.

Chaeyoung nagged Chanyeol for trying to show off and offered to take the lead. "That's the roller coaster we rode, right?" She asked ignoring Chanyeol complaining about Taehyuck. 

"I think so. Aha! That's the spinning cups." He said pointing to a direction. 

"So the carousel should be over there, near the ferris wheel." Chaeyoung said grabbing Chanyeol's shoulder, turning him to the opposite side.

He shrugged, "I guess so, go on gongju-nim. Show me the way." 

She crossed her right leg benind her left and bowed, "If you insist sir."

Chanyeol scoffed and told her to hurry. In no time, she found the carousel, Taehyuck was sitting on one of the stationary 'horse carriages' snoring lightly. 

A naughty smile spreads across Chanyeol's face, he whispered to Chaeyoung to keep quiet as he sneaks behind the bumblegum haired guy, "Kang Taehyuck you are in big trouble."

Taehyuck woke up with a shriek, Chaeyoung giggled as Chanyeol ran behind her for shelter. 

Taehyuck shouted at Chanyeol, "Yah! Why is your voice so loud?!" 

Chanyeol smiled innocently, "You're not supposed to laze around Taehyuck-ssi." 

Taehyuck scowled and looked at Chaeyoung, "He's a big baby who likes to bully people in a big gigantic body with humongous feet." 

Chaeyoung laughed and patted the older's back, "I feel ya." 

After the two neighbourhood friends bickered for a few more seconds, and Chaeyoung dragging Chanyeol away, agreeing with Taehyuck that Chanyeol is an annoying giant making Chanyeol sulk.

Chanyeol sat on one of the white horses, still sulking. Chaeyoung settled with a black horse with a golden saddle, infront of Chanyeol's. 

"Yah enjoy the moment." She said attempting to imitate Chanyeol's deep voice. 

Chanyeol rolled his eyes and was about to reach out to Chaeyoung wanting to hit her when the carousel starts to function.

"Wo-woah!!" Chanyeol gasped, grinning from ear to ear. Chaeyoung looked at Chanyeol from behind her shoulder, and laughed, "How old are you Park Chanyeol ?" 

Chanyeol ignored her and was happily reminiscing about his childhood. Chaeyoung got up from the black horse and ran to another horse, almost falling in progress. 

Chanyeol followed her, laughing. 

"Stop copying me!" Chaeyoung screamed between laughs.

Chanyeol imitated her in a high pitched voice, "Stop copying me!" 

Chaeyoung got up again and started to move to another horse, Chanyeol of course following her every move. A few seconds later, the two of them ended up in a game of tag on the carousel, sometimes they act as each other's support when they nearly fell.

Somehow, they ended up sitting in the same white and gold carriage, laughing until their stomach hurts.
Chanyeol took his phone out and took a candid picture of Chaeyoung laughing, making a mistake as he forget to turn the flash off. 

"Yah!" Chaeyoung screamed, hitting Chanyeol's back. Chanyeol chuckled and hid his phone from Chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung decided to take revenge and took a buncy of pictures of Chanyeol instead.

Chanyeol reacted quickly and posed for her, "You should be thankful, thousands of girls want to take a closeup picture of me." 

Chaeyoung scoffed, "closeup ay" and laughed.

Chanyeol snatched her phone and looked at the picture, she had zoomed at Chanyeol's nose. She continued to laugh even when they got out of the carriage. 

She showed the picture to Taehyuck and they ended up laughing together, Chanyeol sulking at the side.

They spent the other 20 minutes at the theme park taking goofy photos in front of the rides, Taehyuck boasting about his photography skills and the two men constantly saying Chaeyoung should be a theme park model.

"Maybe a model for minions." Chanyeol said as he looked at the picture of him and Chaeyoung infront of the haunted house. 

"Just because you're abnormally tall doesn't make me a minion." Chaeyoung pointed out glaring at him. 

"You two are not getting the point! Look at the angle! I took a perfectly artistic picture!" Taehyuck said pointing at the picture enthusiastically. 

The two younger teenager rolled their eyes and ignored him. 

"Let me take a picture of you two." She said taking Chanyeol's phone.

"Yah kneel." Taehyuck said pushing Chanyeol.

"Yes sir!" He saluted as he kneeled beside Taehyuck. 

"Chaeyoung make sure you make me look tall." He instructed putting his left hand on Chanyeol's head. 

"Aye captain hyuck." Chaeyoung said. 

"Okay. Next pose." Chaeyoung announced. Chanyeol made a crying face like he was being bullied by Taehyuck as the older one acted like he wanted to punch Chanyeol. Chaeyoung shook her head, hiding her smile. 

Before they knew it, it was 2am. They said their goodbyes and went seperate ways. 

"Are you sure you don't want us to follow you to the car park?" Chanyeol asked putting his hand on the older guy's shoulder.

"Meh. I'm fine. The security uncle is there." He said patting the younger's back to assure him.

"But are you sure it's the security uncle and not a ghost?" He joked. Chaeyoung laughed and rolled her eyes and Chanyeol's lame joke. 
Taehyuck kicked Chanyeol and mumbled something under his breath. 

"Are you scared hyung~?" He cooed. 

"Chanyeol you ing annoying kid. Just go home and take care of this annoying minion." He said making a peace sign to Chaeyoung. 

"I'm not a minion. You're only 5cms taller than me." Chaeyoung protested.

"Whatever you two kids. Study hard. Keep in touch Chaeyoungie! Chanyeol-ah text me if you need anything else." He waved to them, walking away towards the main entrance of the theme park. 

The two of them went the opposite way going back to the back gate. They walked in silence, weird how just a few seconds ago they were laughing and playing around together. The only noise that could be heard were the crickets. 

"Hey, wouldn't it be creepy if the music suddenly plays and the ride moves suddenly?" Chaeyoung broke the ice.

Chanyeol pushed her with his shoulders lightly, "And then you'll cry of fear and find a reason to hug me." 

She scoffed, "No way." 

Chanyeol stucked his tongue out at her, "Soooo.. when are you going back home?" 

Chaeyoung tapped her chin, thinking about the dates in her head, "I guess, 2 more weeks?" 

"Oh." Chanyeol responded. If this was a cartoon, they would be sound effect of something shattering. 

He tried to cover his disappointment and smiled, "When I'm home, Can we sneak out during midnights like this?" 

Chaeyoung shrugged, "Why not? The CYs take the world." 

"But not next weekend." She added.

"You have other plans at midnight?" Chanyeol looked at her suspiciously.

She laughed and shook her head, "It's my birthday, silly! " 

He facepalmed himself, "Right! The last week of July!"

She pointed to the sky, "Bingo! 10 points to Park Chanyeol!"

"Clara insisted throwing a birthday party for me at her parents house. This is a secret but Joonmyun oppa is tricking all of you into thinking there's a lot of work on that day but really you guys are having a half day off at their house." She told Chanyeol. He smiled, she looked so eager and excited talking about her birthday, he thought that she was so adorable, almost like a little kid.

"Do you agree Chanyeol?" She asked looking at Chanyeol who was smiling dumbly.

"So you agree that i should tell jongdae that you are secretly in love with him?" She was smirking, waiting for his reaction.

"Yah! Are you crazy?" In his head he was stabbing himself repeatedly for not paying attention to Chaeyoung earlier. Chaeyoung laughed and smacked him lightly.

"Serves you right for not paying attention to me." 

He rolled his eyes, "Yeah yeah yeah bla bla bla." He diverted his attention to the security guards sitting at the side of the gate, "Thank you for your hardwork!" 

Chanyeol bowed, his hand slapping Chaeyoung's back, forcing her to bow as well.

The security guards told them they weren't doing anything really, and told the two to be careful. Chaeyoung smiled at them, "Please take care of yourselves and your family. And drink plenty of water in this scorching hot summer." 

They thanked each other a couple of times before Chanyeol and Chaeyoung left for Minwoo's car. 

"And drink plenty of water!" Chanyeol mocked her.

"What?"

"You could pass as an idol, all the pd-nims and staffs will like you." He chuckled.

She shrugged with a grin, "You need to be nice to get things your way." 

"Woo~ my young dara is so clever~" Chanyeol teased.

They entered the car and said hello to Minwoo. 

"So how was the date?" He said with a teasing tone while he drove away from the theme park.

"It was not a date!" They chorused.

"Sure~~" Minwoo said laughing. 


Hello People. Double update just because chapter 19 was supposed to be published yesterday  but no interneteu

tumblr_m53n7nIqad1r9jdbp.gif

Repeat after me; Ileun is going to Exoluxion in Malaysia.

Thank you. May it come true OTL

Maybe if we all say it repeatedly it'll come true ;u;

exo-unfair.gif

Thank you for reading~! *throws fluffy cotton candy*

xx ileun

151227

P/s : Cookies vs. Cotton Candy?