08 – Let the Games Begin!

Playful Secrets and Surprises
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Well…Yuri and I have come up with their first game with thoughts of testing their physical prowess…” Yoona replied. 

“So, we chose swimming to be their first competition…” Yuri added earning the approval of the older adults. Jessica sighed in relief when she found out that she’ll just have to beat Taeyeon in a swimming competition. She had been used to swimming with her cousins so the blonde didn’t see any problems with the competition. 

Taeyeon, on the other hand, loathed swimming. “But, I don’t have my swimming trunks with me…” 

Yuri gave him a knowing look before replying, “I have an extra pair of swimming trunks that I can lend to you, Taeng…” 

The young Kim’s shoulders slumped. He knew he couldn’t escape from his sneaky cousin but he tried and vainly failed at it. “So, what are you two waiting for?” their mothers chorused. “Get ready for the competition. NOW!”

Taeyeon and Jessica both cringed at their mothers’ orders and they both took off to change into their swimming attire. Jessica was followed by Tiffany into her room while Taeyeon stopped momentarily remembering that he needs Yuri. The young actress observing them just laughed as she saw the two eldest scramble off while she remained with the four elders. 

The four elders who were watching their children just chuckled at the couple’s actions. “I guess, they really are meant for each other…” Mr. Kim mused. 
 

 

***

 

Taeyeon followed his cousin to the guestroom that was reserved for the supermodel. Yuri eyed his cousin who showed an uncomfortable and anxious expression. A smile played on his lips as he patted the Kim’s back and said, “Taeng…You worry too much…Relax, man…” 

The Hallyu star gave him a glare knowing that it was his prankster cousin and his sneaky girlfriend who were behind it. “Hey, why did you have to let me swim?! You know better than anyone else that I HATE swimming!” Taeyeon said through gritted teeth. 

“Whoa…Calm down there, buddy…” Yuri said as he backed away a little from his fuming cousin. “Well, Yoona and I thought things through when we decided on your competitions. There are games that go for your advantage as well as those that are in Jessica’s favor. Just don’t drown in the pool, Taeng…” 

A soft punch landed on Yuri’s arm as he teased his cousin. “Yuri-ah…no matter how angry I am at you…You’re always saving your from being kicked by me with your silly jokes…” Taeyeon said as he locked Yuri’s head with his arm. The boys laughed it off afterwards as they entered Yuri’s room. 

Taeyeon changed into his swimming trunks provided by his cousin and proceeded to enter the poolside where his parents, future in-laws, and his cousin’s girlfriend were waiting. Yuri noticed his cousin’s well-built body and he admired the young man’s improved figure. 

The supermodel gave his cousin a light punch on the arm which caused the latter to look at him. “You’ve been working out, huh…” Yuri said with a pleased smirk. 

“Yeah…I got jealous of your abs so I resolved to tone mine…” Taeng replied as he and his cousin came towards the pool. The two mothers complimented Taeyeon’s well-toned muscles when he sat at the poolside to prepare for the swimming match. The young Kim was anxious at what might befall him. He couldn’t bear the suspense of waiting for Jessica to appear. 

Thoughts of her lovely figure in a simple shirt and short shorts that she had worn previously had been filling his mind and now, the anticipation of seeing her in a swimsuit was making him uneasy. 
 

 

***

 

“Tiff…why don’t you pick a swimsuit for me to wear…I can’t seem to decide for myself…” Jessica mused as she eyed her cousin who sat comfortably on her queen-sized bed. 

The blonde Jung was standing in the middle of her walk-in closet that was large enough to be considered a room of its own. She was staring at the rack of two-piece Victoria’s Secret swimsuits that are of different styles and colors. Tiffany came to her cousin’s side and her eyes immediately spotted the pink ones. 

“Jessi…I think those pink ones look good on you!” Tiffany perked. Jessica could only roll her eyes in response to her cousin’s love for pink. 

“Oh no…I’m not wearing that one…that pink swimsuit gave me bad memories the last time I wore them…” Jessica said remembering her embarrassing moment during Tiffany’s birthday party. She recalled accidentally kissing her brunette cousin when she fell into the pool. They got everyone’s attention and Jessica ended up being teased by Yoona after the incident. 

“Oh…You mean the incident where you fell into the pool and ended up kissing me on the lips which resulted to having Yoona tease you about it for a year?” Tiffany pointed out in a matter-of-fact manner. Jessica gave her a pout which caused the brunette to laugh and pinch her blonde cousin’s cheeks. 

“Aww…Jessi, I didn’t know you could be so cute…” Tiffany mused as she directed an eye smile towards her cousin. 

“Yah! Tiff…Stop the aegyo…Everyone’s probably waiting for me…I’ll just have to pick this baby blue one…It’s my most comfortable swimming attire…” Jessica said as she took out the suit from its rack and headed towards the bathroom to change

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter