49 - Trapped

Playful Secrets and Surprises
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Tiffany had set out to fulfill her agent duties after making sure that Yoona was stable enough to be left on her own with Seohyun. She was set to pick up a package from a handler located in one of HQ’s subsidiary buildings.

 

The location was a police station, but not just any police quarters. Tiffany, sporting a blond wig and smart spectacles, found herself standing before the imposing building that loomed over Migeun-dong, in the Seodaemun district. She wondered why her handler would choose the National Police Agency headquarters for their pick-up point.

 

Agent Pink hesitantly ambled towards the intimidating edifice, crossing the threshold into the lobby where a couple of prosecutors and officers were scurrying about, not noticing the newcomer looking uneasy and lost.

 

A middle-aged man noted her standing out like a sore thumb. He was carrying a body bag and was headed in her direction. Tiffany made herself sit at the lounge sofa close to the concierge, quietly observing the activity around her. The handler casually sat himself on the other end, adjusting his suit before folding his coat. His phone rang, catching the young agent’s attention.

 

“Yes? I will be leaving now.” He casually said, making Tiffany’s eyes widen. This had been the cue that prompted her of his identity as the handler. He met her eyes, nodding before he stood up, leaving his body bag on the couch.

 

Tiffany watched him pass the entrance as she furtively scoots closer to the bag. Opening its content, she eyed the unlabeled black carton box. She took a quick survey of her surroundings before picking up the bag and heading for the front door.

 

Before she could move through the lobby though, she noted some people eyeing her from outside. ‘Not good.’ Tiffany thought as she changed directions.

 

This was much harder than she had thought and Jeju island was a long way from here.

 

+++

 

Choi Family’s Main Estate

 

“Are you sure you’ll be fine watching over him?” Summer regarded Hyoyeon as the blonde Kim helped Sooyoung to settle on his bed. “My brother and I are going to head for our respective schedules, but are you okay to stay with Soo?”

 

Hyoyeon hummed, nodding, “Don’t worry, Summer. I’ll be fine. Besides, I’m not as busy as everyone else in the Kim family is.”

 

“Thank you, Hyo.” Summer patted the Kim’s shoulder, “We can’t thank you enough for all you’ve done for Sooyoung.”

 

“She’s just happy that she gets to spend more time with me, Summer.” Sooyoung teased, making Hyoyeon playfully hit him on the shoulder.

 

“Aish, Choi Sooyoung, if you’re not injured, I wouldn’t bother with you.” Hyoyeon threatened, earning a chuckle of amusement from the Choi’s female twin. Sooyoung merely grinned, before pulling Hyoyeon to sit beside him on the bed.

 

“You go do what you gotta do, Summer. I’ll try to recover faster so that I can help you out.” Sooyoung motioned for his sister to leave, which his female twin nodded, leaving him with a quick kiss on his forehead before she left the couple to themselves.

 

“Don’t give Hyo a hard time now, Soo.” Summer said as she closed the door.

 

Once the door closed, Hyoyeon grew serious as she turned to Sooyoung. “Did you remember anything about the accident?”

 

“I just remembered a flash of lights before the car hit us. I did not get to see who was on the wheel, but we were on the right lane and the car who rammed into us was supposed to stop.”

 

“You do know that it seemed intentional…”

 

“I know, but I do not know who they are after… if it’s your brother, then they have some business with the Kims. But if it’s me, then it’s probably because of my family.”

 

“If it’s my brother they’re after, then they might have a hand in trying to remove him from his seat at the company. Or probably to keep that merger at bay, which goes to say…” Hyoyeon’s eyes widened when she realized something.

 

+++

 

Korea National Police Agency

 

Tiffany felt like she was running in a maze. The police building was a labyrinth of corridors, offices, and unlabeled rooms. She planned on heading for the backdoor of the building but this place seemed endless. She managed to acquire some directions after mustering the courage to ask a passing junior officer, giving him the excuse that she was going for a quick smoke break at the back.

 

Slipping through the back door of the building, Tiffany exhaled a sigh of relief before she went her way into the nearby parking area, senses alert as she trudges forward. She was about to open her car door when somebody pushed her against the vehicle.

 

A grunt escaped from the agent’s lips as she struggled to fight back. She managed to turn and face the perpetrator, only to see that they were wearing a motorbike helmet. This was a different person from the one waiting for her outside the police station.

 

‘Just how many are after what I’m carrying?!’ Tiffany thought to herself as she fought off her enemy, managing to push him away with a sly knee kick to their crotch. The man groaned and crumpled to the ground on his knees, leaving Tiffany the window to escape in her car. She hastily backed out of the parking spot and drove off without a glance at her assailant. She shed off her wig and her prosthetic disguise before pulling up her mask as Agent Pink.

 

Jeju Island will be a huge challenge if her chasers knew of her transaction. They might have even tagged her car. She will need to dispatch this one sooner than she had hoped. Tiffany turned another exit from the highway and ditched her ride in an abandoned alley before sprinting through the streets in another guise, this time, in a black hoodie and joggers.

 

+++

 

The Jung Empire Head Office

 

Krystal leaned back in her chair as she listened to the team’s presentation on the launch of her sister and their cousins’ new business venture. She turned to her right to see her older brother taking notes on his paper as their employee drawled about the brand’s store locations, showing pictures of the nearly completed boutiques in different branches across Seoul and other cities.

 

Yunho had looked serious, and he had earned the palpable fear and respect of their subordinates early on at the start of the meeting when he displayed his meticulous side. Krystal had known her older brother to be such a perfectionist, but Yunho had always stuck to his own affairs. This made Krystal eager to find out what brought her brother to this meeting now.

 

Their discussion and revision of the business plans were mostly spear-headed by the youngest Jung sibling, which allowed for everyone to finish work at a timely note. Everyone bowed and shook hands with the Jung siblings as they exited the room. When everyone had gone except for Yunho and Krystal, the youngest Jung turned to her elder brother.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter