05 – Breakfast

Playful Secrets and Surprises
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The blonde was amazed at the young man’s car. She couldn’t believe that she was riding in a hot vehicle such as this. Taeyeon noticed the blonde’s bewilderment so he tried to strike up a conversation. 

“You like the car?” Taeyeon asked as he his GPS and programmed a guide to Jessica’s address which Yuri had given him earlier. 

Jessica turned to the person driving her home before answering, “Yeah…And I can’t believe you bought a concept car…”

“To be honest, I just had this car shipped yesterday and it was delivered to me at the club just in time when I had arrived from Japan to check out how Club Gen was doing…” Taeyeon mused as he kept his eyes on the road. 

“Oh…So this is your first time driving this car?” Jessica’s interest in nice cars has been keeping her in a light atmosphere. 

“Yep…although I did promise Yuri that he’d be the first passenger to this ride…but you had to make me break my promise to him…” Taeyeon teased.

Jessica just gave him a blank stare in reply which made Taeyeon feel like he was being frozen by the girl’s gaze. An awkward silence ensued as Taeyeon drove his car through the busy streets of Seoul. If there’s another thing that the two had in common, it would be over speeding. 

The brand new Audi RSQ overtook the other cars as its speed reached more than 125 mph. The scenery through the car’s window became a blur as the car began to take up more speed. Jessica loved the thrill of the fast ride.

“I think you should hang on tight…I can be a reckless driver sometimes…” Taeyeon warned oblivious to the comfortable expression that Jessica had. He took a short glance at her to see her reaction and he was in for another surprise. 

Jessica seemed to be amused of the speed that the car was taking. “It’s all right…I like over speeding.” The blonde replied as she lounged comfortably in her seat. 

They finally reached the gates which blocked the exclusive road to the mansion where Jessica and her cousins reside. Security went over to the car to check who could visit the mansion at such an early time. Jessica opened the car window and as soon as the guards saw her, they hastily opened the gate for their boss to enter. Taeyeon wasted no time to laze as his car began speeding up the zigzag road that led to the mansion leaving the security guarding the gates astonished.

“Wait…Was our boss together with a guy?” one of the guards asked his companion. 

“Yeah…It seems strange but he looks like Kim Taeyeon…the Hallyu star…” his companion replied. 

The two security personnel shrugged their shoulders as they went about doing their business. 
 

 

***

 

When the Audi RSQ halted to a stop in front of the mansion, the blonde owner of the estate stepped out of the car leaving the servants bewildered of her untimely arrival. But instead of saying a word, they all just bowed down in respect as Jessica passed by. They all knew from their boss’ icy aura that she was clearly not in the best mood. 

The strange car’s driver soon ran out of the car and followed their blonde boss and much to the servants’ surprise it was renowned Hallyu star, Kim Taeyeon. Now curiosity filled their thoughts as to why Taeyeon had brought their boss home in the morning, but they still showed the young man respect by bowing to him when he passed by them. 

Yuri, Yoona, and a sleepy Tiffany were drinking coffee at the Jung’s dining hall when the sound of a car drifting to a halt had caught their attention. Yoona and Tiffany rushed to see whether it was their cousin who had truly arrived home while Yuri followed suit in a much slower pace. 

He had a hunch that his cousin must have done something to Jessica. The young supermodel walked towards the living room where he found Tiffany and Yoona fussing all over their cousin who seemed unharmed. His eyes then fell on a certain man who had followed Jessica into the house. 

“Unnie! Where have you been? We were all worried for you! Yul and I haven’t slept a wink just waiting for you…” Yoona said as she gave her elder cousin a bear hug. 

“Yah! Didn’t I tell you to stop drinking too much last night?” Tiffany scolded before joining the bear hug. “But you really got me worried, Jessi! I freaked out when I woke up knowing that you had not come home yet…” 

Jessica just kept quiet the whole time her cousins were fussing over her. When the two girls had released her, she began to recall what she could remember. “Well…I fell asleep at the bar…and then, I found myself in bed with that guy just this morning…” the blonde calmly replied as she pointed at Taeyeon.

Her cousins’ eyes widened. Yuri quietly came towards his cousin and without warning, landed a heavy punch towards Taeyeon’s stomach. “Kim Taeyeon! Didn’t I warn you not to touch my girlfriend’s cousin? And didn’t I tell you to send her home immediately?!” Yuri’s voice was filled with anger. 

He looked on mercilessly at Taeyeon who had now crouched down to the floor clutching his stomach in pain. Yuri’s action shocked the three girls. The supermodel was about to give his cousin another blow when a firm hand stopped his fist. 

Now it was Yuri’s turn to be surprised as his eyes met the blonde’s hazel orbs. “I haven’t finished what I was trying to say yet…and you just jumped into action without hearing me out…” Jessica said as she made Yuri relax a little.

“Your cousin claimed he didn’t do anything…And he still stayed true to his promise of giving me a ride home…So here I am…” Jessica continued as she and Tiffany helped Taeyeon up. 

Yuri felt sorry for what he had done. His head hung low in shame as his girlfriend’s cousins helped Taeyeon settle down on the couch at the far end of the room. He felt a pair of arms around his waist making him turn to see Yoona giving him a back hug.

“Yuri-ah…” Yoona’s voice was soft and sweet. “I know you were only trying to protect my unnie…and I am happy that you cared for my family as well…It’s okay, Yuri-ah…People make mistakes…You can apologize to Taeng-oppa later…” 

Yuri felt soft lips lingering on his cheek as soon as Yoona had finished telling him what’s on her mind. 

“I’m sorry for disappointing you awhile ago, Yoong…But I’m thankful to have someone like you…” Yuri mused as he faced his girlfriend, their foreheads touching each other before they leaned in for a short kiss. 

Meanwhile, Taeyeon had been recovering from the pain his cousin had delivered him earlier. He was sitting between Jessica and Tiffany who had worried looks on their faces. “You okay?” Jessica asked, her expression seemed priceless for Taeyeon who had seen almost all facets of the girl ever since he met her. He nodded in reply even though his facial expression told otherwise. 

“All right…I’ll be right upstairs to take a shower then…” Jessica nonchalantly said as she stood up and headed upstairs while Tiffany remained with Yuri’s cousin. 

“Are you sure, you’re all right? Because your expression says otherwise…” Tiffany asked, her voice filled with concern. 

Taeyeon gave her a dorky smile in reply even though he was still clutching his stomach. “I’m fine…Thank you for asking…And I’m sorry for bothering you…I just thought of following your cousin in the house so that I could at least explain about her untimely arrival…” he managed to say. 

Tiffany gave the young man her signature eye smile in return. “That’s good to hear…We thought you won’t recover this fast…And I was really worried you’d get hurt…Oh by the way, my name’s Tiffany Hwang…I’m Jessica and Yoona’s cousin…And thank you for taking care of Jessi.” the girl mused.

“It’s nice to meet you, Tiffany…I bet you know me already…And Yuri does know how to pack a punch…” Taeyeon joked which made Tiffany laugh a bit. 

Their laughter was cut off when they saw Yuri and Yoona approach them. Yuri still had a serious glint in his eyes as his gaze fell upon his cousin who seemed to have recovered from his assault. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter