37 – Dilemmas and Missions

Playful Secrets and Surprises
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: It's been a while... err... 5 months since I've updated this. O_O Wow...I've been busy with JungSis... and real life... Anyways, sorry for the long wait on this and hope you're still up for some secrets and surprises. :D Enjoy!

 

 

 

The young lawyer found herself looking on with pity as she studied the interactions between the two sisters seated across her desk. Jessica was in distress, defeat evident on her face as Krystal tried to comfort her. Frustrations enveloped the room as Seohyun sat in her seat in discomfort. She had just relayed very important information to the Jung heiresses. Something about the contract that tied the two conglomerates.

 

Now, Jessica knew why her grandfather had called for Krystal. The Grandmaster wanted assurance that his granddaughter would do her job as the inheritor of the big industry even though it would cost Jessica’s freedom. Krystal was somewhat her grandfather’s eyes, who would watch her every move and decision. At the same time, the youngest Jung was a hostage who would be working under her grandfather, a hidden threat to Jessica should she try some countermeasures.

 

This time, there was no way out of this mess, Jessica was sure of it. Her Gramps made sure of it. Her parents made sure of it. Fingers ran through her silken strands, an attempt made by Krystal to make her relax. Jessica released a sigh. “I’m done, Soojung.” She buried herself into her younger sibling’s arms. “I can’t get past this. I can’t get away from this…”

 

“Unnie, I’m not giving up on you. If there’s a way, we’ll find it, but I won’t be of much help. Gramps is taking me under his wing. I guess there would be no sneaking out for me and you don’t have to worry about my safety although I can try to be your eyes for them.” Krystal tried to lift the mood, making Jessica smile for a bit.

 

They both recomposed themselves as they reviewed the underlying terms of the contract. Seohyun straightened in her seat as the two sisters turned their attention towards her. “Did you find any loopholes in this contract?” Jessica inquired, eyes silently pleading Seohyun for help. The young lawyer took a deep breath before looking at both sisters.

 

Clasping her hands together, the lawyer answered. “This is a tricky case, unnie. This must have taken a lot of lawyers to piece together. Well, despite this contract, I think you’re quite free for now given that you’re still not allowed to publicize your engagement. We have a few months to sort this out. I’ll find a way to get you out of this mess, unnie.”

 

Jessica gave the young lawyer a grateful smile before they all stood up from their seats. “It’s been a long day. We all need to rest.” Krystal remarked as they all filed out of the office. The attorney made sure to lock the office she shared with the Jung heiress before she caught up with the Jung sisters who were now waiting for her at the elevator. There was a solemn silence that engulfed the three of them for a while before Krystal broke the ice, “Want to head out for some late snacks?”

 

The two older women smiled at her in response. “I know a place where we can all enjoy a nice dessert and some light drinks.” Krystal added. “Your treat?” Jessica asked in a teasing manner. Krystal raised a brow, challenging her sister, “Whoa. Who’s the oldest again? I thought it’s the older people’s responsibilities to treat the younger ones.” Seohyun chuckled at this banter, enjoying this wonderful moment with the Jung siblings.

 

“Okay. Fine. Just take it as an older sister taking care of her dongsaengs.” Jessica conceded. Seohyun thanked her boss while Krystal gave her sister a bear hug.

 

+++

 

It was around eleven in the evening when the Jung sisters and Atty. Seo had arrived at the Jung manse. Upon the Jungs’ behest, Seohyun had opted to stay at the guest room reserved for her since she will have to drive through the night for her to reach the apartment and Seo Juhyun was in no shape to drive at all after Krystal had forced her to drink wine. Juhyun had been wary enough of the Jungs’ tolerance to wine, but she had no choice when Krystal just up and threatened her with a glare.

 

The young lawyer stumbled into her designated room; her arms drooped over each Jung sister as the girls gently laid Juhyun on the queen-sized bed. Jessica gently took off her legal rep’s Manolo Blahnik pumps before Krystal helped in moving the passed out lady to the center of the bed before they both covered her with the comforter.

 

Taking a last peek at the girl on the bed, Krystal shut off the lights to the room and followed her older sibling out. Her phone vibrated in her pocket and Krystal wasted no time to read the message as she followed her sister up the flight of stairs leading to their rooms.

 

To: Blanche Ops

 

                Special Mission Directive: Report on Agent Black and Agent Purple’s activities and missions. Remain in the Shadows. Delete this as soon as mission is received.  

 

From: Grandmaster Jung

 

Krystal paused for a few seconds before she deleted the message and pocketed her phone with an expressionless look. She was glad that her sister never noticed her movements and simply led herself after her sister until they reached their respective quarters. Jessica turned to her, a pensive look was on the older sister’s face and Krystal knew that her older sibling was contemplating on whether to fulfill her promise of sleeping with her or staying with Taeyeon, whom they assumed was already sleeping inside Jessica’s room.

 

“Go ahead, Jess.” Krystal said before Jessica could mutter a word. A sad smile crept up the youngest Jung’s face. Jessica noted it and strode closer to her younger sister, cupping Krystal’s face. The older

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter