45 – Reveille: Awaken or Restart anew

Playful Secrets and Surprises
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What happened at the port?”

 

“There was an infiltration, sir.”

 

The other line grew silent. Only the sound of calm breathing resonated through the call. He grew anxious at the odd calmness coming from his superior. They had been infiltrated by HQ and some agent on the mission must have heard their plans of the bombing.

 

“Have you moved the ship to another port?” The voice at the other line questioned.

 

“I have, sir. We are now sailing off the coast of Busan. Should we change the plans on the bombings?”

 

“No. Stick to the plan and let the subordinate get caught for questioning but remember to use your lowest of subordinates to execute the plan exactly as we have discussed. I will conduct Plan B from there. Do not get any of your other men involved, understood?” The steady calmness of the voice sent shivers down the recipient’s spine. He straightened his back as he responded, “Yes, sir!” As if his master was there to witness his stature.

 

“Good. Update me on the mission.” The boss said before the resounding click of an ended call echoed through the receiver.

 

The man sighed as he pocketed his phone. He hardened his gaze and turned to the captain of the ship, “Remain on course. We will dispatch the mission as planned.”

 

“Yes, sir.” The captain nodded before he attended to his duties without question.

 

+++

 

Jessica shifted in her sleep, arms reaching out for the other body on the bed, her hand searched through the sheets, only to find a cold and empty space. Opening her eyes, Jessica confirmed her suspicions. Krystal had gone.

 

Where? Jessica could only guess.

 

Forcing herself up, she scanned the room for signs of her sister only to come to terms that she was not in a familiar setting. Then, it hit her. They had stayed at Taeyeon’s for the night. Jessica took a moment and leaned her back against the headboard. Thoughts of last night’s revelation rattled her mind.

 

The bathroom door opened and finally, Krystal’s figure came out. “Oh, you’re awake.” Krystal pointed out as she came to her sister’s side, leaning in to give her elder sister an innocent morning peck on the lips. Jessica smiled when her younger sibling pulled away. “I didn’t find you in bed, so I woke up to look for you.”

 

“Wow, aren’t you a little clingy.” Krystal raised a brow with half a smirk. Jessica playfully punched her on the arm, before pulling her down with her into bed. They just laid there, facing each other for a while, admiring each other’s similar features, with Jessica gently brushing her sister’s hair.   

 

“Were you planning to leave me all alone here?” Jessica finally asked, eyes still locked with her sister’s.

 

“Unlike you, I am quite a busy employee of our family business.”

 

“Which family business are you talking about?”

 

“I am scheduled for a Jes.Ti.Na meeting and photoshoot today. I’m going to be the face of that brand and I must help the team plan everything carefully. I think Tiffany-unnie and Yoona-unnie will also be present in the meeting.”

 

“How come I don’t have that in today’s agenda? I’m one of the main investors on this brand, too.” Jessica muttered as she opened her phone to check on her secretary’s e-mailed schedule. She looked through her activities for the day only to frown when she noted that she had nothing on her timetable for the whole day. She did not even see any notification on when she would pick up her elder brother from the airport.

 

“Yunho arrives today. Who’s going to pick him up from the airport?”

 

“Don’t worry about that. Dad called early this morning. He said someone else will come and pick him up.” Krystal merely smirked at her surprised sister, “Our parents must have asked your secretary to clear your plan for today. They might have wanted you to stay with Taeyeon while he recovers from the accident.”

 

Jessica sighed in discontent, “That would be boring. I want to head home and freshen up. We don’t have clothes to change into.”

 

Krystal sat up, “I’ll drop by the manse and bring you some change of clothes before heading to my meeting. I don’t think it’d be wise to disobey mom and dad about this. Besides, wouldn’t you be happier with having a day off?”

 

“I can’t get away from this one, can I?” Jessica sighed in resignation

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter