39 – Frantic Mornings vs. Relaxing Ones

Playful Secrets and Surprises
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Juhyun stirred with a bad headache and when her alarm set off, she awoke to a different room. Eyes widened at the unfamiliarity of the area until she registered that she was in the Jung Castle where her boss lived. She noted a small saucer with two pills flanked by a glass of water on the bedside table. There was a note close to it as well.

 

‘Take the day off.’ It said in long script, a handwriting Juhyun pointed out to be belonging to Jessica.

 

Juhyun laid back down, relishing in the comforts of the soft bed and pillows. She indeed needed the rest and she wouldn’t complain if her boss extended it to the next day. She planned on taking a break as Code White as well, but she doubted HQ would allow her to cut some slack. She laid on her side, thinking; wondering what will happen in the future.

 

Eyes drifted close, losing herself to sleep as she, for once, forgot about the worries plaguing her.

 

+++

 

A kiss to the lips; deepening as each second passed. Krystal felt breathless as her eyes opened to see, much to her surprise, her very own sister pushing her awakening mind into a passionate kiss. Krystal struggled underneath her sister’s weight, prompting Jessica to pull away with a silly grin on her face. “What the heck?!” Krystal growled, brows furrowed in annoyance at her sister. “That was borderline uous!” Jessica merely laughed at her remark.

 

“You weren’t waking up even though I was calling you. So, I did that instead. It did wonders!” Jessica reasoned, falling on her side, still facing her flustered sister. Krystal grunted and pushed her away, groaning when her sister laughed it off.

 

“You’re so grumpy in the mornings, Soojung.” Jessica pointed out, still lounging in her sister’s bed as Krystal gave her a glare as she got out of bed. “Thanks for waking me up anyway.” Krystal replied as she entered her in-suite bathroom. Clothes dropped on the laundry basket as Krystal stepped into her own bathtub before she lathered herself with bath soap and drained the water clean. Thinking about staying in for the day, Krystal refilled the tub with warm water and added in some bath salts before she resettled into the relaxing concoction.

 

She closed her eyes for a moment, releasing a relaxed sigh as she began to enjoy the warm bath. She was about to adjust her position in the tub when she opened her eyes only to release a high-pitched shriek. “Ahhh-” A hand cupped , making her glare at the intruder. A chuckle came from her intruder’s lips as she released her hold on Krystal, who had calmed down after realizing the person intruding her privacy. “Gosh, you scared me, Jess!” Krystal held a hand over her heart as she tried to calm her nerves.

 

Jessica grinned as she hastily took off her top and and unceremoniously entered the tub without Krystal’s permission. “Yah! What do you think you’re doing?!” Krystal’s eyes widened as Jessica settled herself beside her surprised sibling. “I’m joining you, stupid.” Jessica responded as she began to cuddle her protesting sister, who is trying but failing to get away from her grasp. Krystal was pulled into her sister’s bared form, making her flushed all over at the warm skin contact initiated by her older sibling.

 

“We’re not kids anymore, Jess!” Krystal muttered under her breath as she felt her sister gently lay them back down in the tub; the warm water welcoming them. The younger Jung stiffened when she felt her sister’s arms wrap around her abdomen, cuddling her from the back so that she was laying on her sister’s front. “I missed this, Krys. Can we stay like this for a bit?” There was longing and sadness in Jessica’s words and it immediately halted Krystal from complaining of her rights to privacy and alone time. Krystal breathed a sigh, “Fine.”

 

A kiss landed on her bare shoulder as Jessica whispered a muffled “thank you” to the younger girl.

 

+++

 

Sunny drove through the streets of Seoul. She was running on a personal errand as she exited the city district and entered the lesser populated suburbs. Her customized, black Hyundai Veloster halted before a quaint-looking building. Alighting from her car, she headed straight to the strange-looking edifice and opened the front door. It was a unique-looking café adorned with different works of art made by locals.

 

But the short-haired blonde was not for the coffee and the shop’s unique ambiance. Instead, she headed to the backdoor where a hallway was located. There were people lounging about, smoking and chatting with each other, but the short woman knew that those folks were men guarding the place and they had recognized her after she nodded to them.

 

She passed past the men and went through the door at the end of the hall. A dark room welcomed her, only lit by a few candles and incense. The room reeked of the smell of smoke and Sunny scrunched her nose as she entered. “Still not used to the smell of incense, I see.” An old man’s voice caught her attention.

 

“Good day to you too, Grandpa.” Sunny greeted, earning a chuckle from the man who showed himself from behind a counter that was hidden in the darkness. The old man was holding a goblet of what Sunny assumed to be red wine. She watched as her grandfather downed the cup and set it lightly on the counter before the old man engulfed her in a warm embrace.

 

“Glad to have you back, Soonkyu.”

 

“Glad to be back, Grandpa. Have you gotten what I have messaged you about?”

 

“Ah, yes. I have kept them in shape just as you had wished.” Sunny’s grandfather takes out a box, placing it on the counter and pushing it towards his granddaughter. Sunny opened the case and inspected its contents. They were her favorite guns, a gift from her grandfather. And she had him look after them while she was outside the country. She looked up to see her grandfather with a serious face.

 

“Whatever you’re planning with th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter