29 – Tying Some Loose Ends

Playful Secrets and Surprises
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tiffany and Krystal were already waiting by the car as soon as Jessica exited the mansion’s main door with Taeyeon close behind. Another car was parked after Tiffany’s black BMW four-sitter M6. Jessica narrowed her eyes at the occupants of the white, mysterious Cadillac sedan.

 

As if on cue, the car’s doors opened revealing Taeyeon’s manager and what Jessica had thought to be Taeyeon’s younger sister, Hyoyeon.

 

“Good morning, everyone. We’re here to accompany Taeng to his schedule.” Sooyoung explained, greeting everyone. His eyes shifted from Tiffany to Krystal to the Jung heiress and eventually to his best friend who was smiling at him.

 

The Choi took note of the younger Jung, curiosity filling his thoughts as he was surprised to see the younger sister by Dr. Hwang’s side. He had heard a lot about her before, since the Jungs were one of the famed families in the country.

 

Jessica gave him a curt nod before she came towards Tiffany and Krystal who stood frozen by the black automobile. “Let’s hustle then. We do not wish to be late for the conference and the other activities.” The blonde said, opening the door to the backseat of the Hwang’s car.

 

Taeyeon turned to his manager and his younger sister, “She’s had a rough morning.” He explained as he motioned for the two to move.

 

Sooyoung chortled as he took his place at the driver’s seat with Hyoyeon beside him, “You didn’t let her sleep last night, did you?”

 

Taeyeon’s mortified expression brought laughter among the couple as the Choi started the engine, shifting the gear before he willed the car to motion following the black BMW down the long winding road away from the Jung mansion.

 

“Yah! It’s not like that!” The Kim groaned, knowing that this was a lost cause since the two people seated at the front didn’t seem to listen to his protests.

 

“But seriously, oppa.” Hyoyeon spoke up, looking at her older brother through the rear-view mirror, “Have you… done it with her?”

 

Taeyeon shot her a glare, his face flushed at the question. A low growl emitted from him as he shifted his attention away from the couple. The younger sister chuckled, casting a knowing glance at the Choi. Sooyoung nodded, lips upturned before he focused on the road.

 

‘He has definitely done it with her.’ The couple thought as they took a quick glance at the disgruntled man in the backseat.

 

Taeyeon, on the other hand, was mulling over something else. His thoughts were all filled with questions. How will he break this news to Sunny? God, he’ll be meeting her in the venue! It will be awkward if he’d come clean to her about his engagement with Jessica. And then, there’s Krystal. The ex-girlfriend. The one who turned him into this heartbreaker. Things have gone complicated ever since he had met Jung Jessica.

 

Perhaps, the answer also lies with Jessica herself? Taeyeon could only give it a shot.

 

The blonde Jung has a lot up her sleeves. She’s as unpredictable as the weather. Mysterious and unfathomable. And Kim Taeyeon secretly admits that he has fallen for her charms.

 

A sigh left his lips. He has to get his act together after being missed in Seoul for so long.

 

‘Put those matters aside, Tae. Today, you appear as KTY before everyone.’

 

***

 

A crowd had formed in the center hall of the huge mall managed by the Jung Empire. The stage had been set and the fans have been waiting for the return of their idol. The infamous heartbreaker was going to reveal himself to the public after months of stay in Japan and after having laid low for quite a while when he had returned to his homeland.

 

Behind the stage, away from all the fuss over the setup and the crowd-control, stood the short blonde dressed in a chic ensemble. She had busied herself with the program details. Eyes ghosted over the activities and then stopped at the third line – the press con.

 

‘With the rumors going on, I’m sure he’ll be addressed of the situation.’

 

A hand landed on her shoulder.

 

She turned.

 

“Hey.” The man casually smiled. She lost herself in those brown orbs. And that smile was blinding.

 

“Oh.” She managed to catch herself. Work came first as of the moment. “You’re here.”

 

She eyed him from top to bottom and noticed that he was now in his stage outfit complete with his hair and makeup done. The person had transformed into a celebrity.

 

“I’m back.” He beamed, “And you’re going to be my new manager?”

 

“Pfft.” She snorted, “You’re being full of yourself. Get yourself sorted. We’ll be starting in a few minutes.” She checked the time as she made a final scan at the proceedings listed in the paper.

 

Still with her eyes fixated on the paper, Sunny could imagine the pout that Taeyeon was directing at her. She was about to chide him of the behavior when a voice broke out from behind them.

 

“Kim Taeyeon.”

 

The words were firm, decisive, and no-nonsense. It was unnerved, cold, and sharp.

 

Taeyeon turned his attention from his blonde girlfriend-turned-manager towards the female approaching them.

 

Sunny could feel herself shiver once she momentarily met the other female’s eyes.

 

“Could you give me a moment with him?” The newcomer directed the question to the Lee. It wasn’t much of a request though. It sounded demanding, manipulative even. It didn’t call for a negative answer to which Sunny meekly conceded in silent agreement, a nod of permission.

 

“Thanks,” replied the female as she partly turned, her hand gesturing for the idol to follow. Then, she turned back towards the short manager, a kind smile etched on her lips, “I forgot to introduce myself. The name’s Krystal.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter