10 – Pinpoint Accuracy

Playful Secrets and Surprises
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“No, silly!” Yuri laughed at his cousin. “It’s paintball!” 

Eyes stared at him incredulously while Yoona just smiled at his announcement. “Are you kidding me?” Jessica muttered as she arched an eyebrow. 

“Unnie…I know very well that we play paintball in your exclusive ‘training room’ so why not give in since this will determine who gets to live in his or her own house for the first year…” Yoona reasoned. Jessica could only sigh in reply. 

“Well, you don’t have much of a choice, dear…” Mrs. Jung mused as she and her husband led Taeyeon’s parents towards Jessica’s paintball arena.

“Ugh! How did I ever get into this mess?” Jessica grumbled as she palmed her face. She was getting tired of the activities that they had for the day from the swimming to the race and now the game she didn’t have the interest in playing. 

Taeyeon stared at the blonde in amusement. He got too engrossed with the annoyed girl when a hand tapped his shoulder. The young Kim turned to meet an eye smile. 

“Hey oppa…I think you should get to Jessi’s training room where your match will be held…Don’t worry about her…She will be back to normal after a few moments of expressing herself…” Tiffany said to Taeyeon. 

“Oh…You mean she’ll be back to her usual icy attitude?” Taeyeon joked which made him and Tiffany share a laugh. They both stared at each other for awhile when their episode of chuckles ended. Taeyeon found Tiffany’s bubbly personality quite alluring as he tried not to get lost in her dark eyes. 

“You’re cool, Kim Taeyeon.” Tiffany remarked before turning to her cousin who seemed too tired to move from the couch. The brunette noticed that Yoona was still sitting beside her eldest cousin, but before Tiffany could ask her why she was still in the room, the youngest already revealed the reason.

“Unnie…” Yoona pouted. “Tiffany-unnie…Jessica-unnie won’t budge…She wouldn’t let go of my arm…”

The maknae pointed at the figure clinging to her arm as if her life had depended on it. Tiffany smirked when she saw how easy it was for Jessica to fall asleep even if she was facing quite a serious problem. ‘How can you sleep when there are a lot of things bothering you? You’re always like that…always running away from the world whenever something serious happens…’ Tiffany thought to herself.

The Hwang cousin was about to wake her sleeping relative when Taeyeon butted in. “Uh…Can someone show me the way to the paintball arena?” asked the young man with blonde hair tips. 

“I’ll help you, oppa, as soon as you guys free me from Sica-unnie’s grasp…” Yoona answered as she and Tiffany struggled to wake up their sleeping cousin. 

“Okay…” Taeyeon scratched his head as he watched the two young ladies’ attempt at waking the sleeping blonde. He thought of helping his soon to be cousins-in-law and he managed to have an idea. Without warning, Taeyeon began tickling the sleeping blonde. 

Jessica woke up with a hearty laugh as she opened her eyes and tried to stop the person from tickling her nonstop. She had thought that it was her dongsaeng who had the nerve to ‘assault’ her but to her surprise, she saw Kim Taeyeon’s face a few inches from hers and his hands were the ones giving her that funny feeling. 

“Yah!!!” Jessica screamed as she gave the young man tickling her, a hard slap on the arm. Taeyeon stood up as he rubbed his sore arm. He gave Jessica’s younger cousins a triumphant smile instead of acknowledging Jessica’s unprecedented act of violence. He was just glad that the girl was now wide awake. 

“So, if she ever falls asleep on you girls again, I think you should just tickle her.” the young man mused as he gave Tiffany a wink before motioning for Yoona to lead him to the last round of the competition. 

Jessica just gave her fiancé a death glare as she fixed herself. Tiffany stood there in silence for a moment before turning to her blonde cousin who seemed to have put up her cold façade again. “Let’s go, Jessi…I think you’ve had enough rest to take on Yoona and Yuri’s challenge…” the brunette managed to smile at her annoyed cousin. 

With a shrug, Jessica stood up and silently followed her bubbly cousin through the hall that would lead them to her personal paintball arena which was located underground. She had guessed that the two pranksters will not go easy on them now. Knowing the prankster couple all too well, Jessica had a hunch that they had set up a few traps in the field where she’s supposed to take Taeyeon down with a barrage of paintball bullets. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter