13 – Unexpected Occurrences

Playful Secrets and Surprises
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoona awakened to find herself wrapped comfortably in Yuri’s strong arms. She recalled the things that happened between them last night.

At first, she was hesitant in confronting Yuri about the kiss but then, she knew her boyfriend would open up to her. She began recalling their conversation as she nestled her head closer to Yuri’s bare chest. 

“Yuri…” Yoona was a little hesitant to speak, but she soon mustered the courage to do so. “Yul…How did you feel after that surprising kiss you had with Sica-unnie?” 

Yuri’s eyes widened when he heard the unexpected question. He couldn’t muster a proper answer towards his girlfriend. He knew that he had to be careful with his words. He stared lovingly at Yoona’s eyes before he leaned forward to capture her lips with his own. 

After the endearing kiss, Yuri finally found his answer to the question. “Yoona, I was surprised by what your unnie has done. I guess it was her way of punishing us…” Yuri managed to say. 

Yoona was not contented at all with her boyfriend’s answer. She had wanted Yuri to let out his feelings about the incident. She knew how much it had bothered her boyfriend since she noticed his change of behavior after the kiss. 

“Do you love, Jessica-unnie?” Yoona inquired. Her eyes bore into the soul of her boyfriend. There was no anger in her tone but the softness of her voice somehow made Yuri wary. He knew that deep inside, Yoona was hurting as well. 

“I’ll be honest with you, Yoong. I had fallen in love with Jessica a few years ago, but somehow I couldn’t manage to capture her heart. She seemed too far to reach…” Yuri admitted. “But then, I found this amazing girl who managed to capture my heart. Yes, I loved Jessica but it was in the past. Right now, despite what happened earlier…I’m still in love with a certain actress whom I’ve been dating for five years and counting. I love you, Yoona. I cannot replace you if I let you go…” 

Yuri’s embrace on Yoona tightened as they cuddled in bed. Yoona felt tears beginning to form in her eyes. She had finally come to know of Yuri’s hidden feelings for her older cousin. She knew Yuri had a thing for her cousin. She knew that they have gone on long road trips together and she had suspected that they might have done something that she doesn’t even want to know about. That was in high school. Yoona was a junior to her cousins and Yuri. She didn’t know much about him back then. She just knew from Jessica that Yuri was close with her older cousins.

But when she had gotten to know more about the man who became her boyfriend during one of their photo shoots together, Yoona was simply swept by Yuri’s gentleness. During their first few dates, Yuri would always arrive at the Jung mansion to wake her up and treat her to a tasty breakfast that he himself had cooked. His romantic ideas had always touched her heart and when he finally asked her to be his girlfriend, Yoona couldn’t resist rejecting him. 

And as the years passed, Yuri had always managed to impress his girlfriend with his unwavering love. She felt spoiled by the young Kwon. They never got into serious arguments with each other and everything seemed like a glimpse of heaven whenever they went on dates. Yoona soon forgot Yuri’s odd relationship with Jessica. She had never wondered if they have dated or not, well, not until now. 

“What’s wrong, Yoong? Why are you crying?” Yuri asked, his face filled with concern. He allowed Yoona to rest on his chest as they laid under the blankets. He waited until the young lady had stopped sobbing before planting a kiss on her forehead. 

“I’m happy that you’re honest with me, Yul. So, you actually dated Sica-unnie before? What happened between you two back then?” Yoona asked as she snuggled up to Yuri.

“I haven’t had a chance to date your Sica-unnie. I never even confessed to her. We just remained friends and nothing happened between us. She just thought of me as an annoying brother actually.” Yuri explained. He somehow felt a little guilty when he remembered something. Back then, he was also secretly dating Tiffany, who was Jessica and Yoona’s cousin. 

He realized that Jessica was the reason why he fell out of love for Tiffany. He somehow realized that when he had a heart-to-heart talk with his ex-girlfriend. He used to tell Tiffany that he simply lost the spark in their relationship, but deep inside, he was rooting for Jessica to become his. Little did he know that Tiffany was also in love with her very own cousin, Jessica. 

“Yul, would there be a point where you would fall right back in love with my unnie?” Yoona asked as she hinted that the point might have happened a few hours ago. 

Yuri brought Yoona closer to him, touching his forehead to hers. He looked into Yoona’s eyes before replying to her. “I fell too deep in love with you to climb right back into loving Jessica…Trust me, Yoong. I won’t let you go. I can’t. You’re the perfect match for me, almost like a soul mate to me.”

Yoona smiled this time around. Her worries disappeared upon hearing her beloved Kwon’s words. She shifted her body to fully face him and for a moment they both stared lovingly at each other before Yoona brought her lips to capture his warm ones. Yuri responded to the kiss on instinct. He knew those luscious lips too well. They were to die for and he was happy to have her in his arms. 

As their kiss became sloppier, Yoona broke away from the kiss with a cheeky smile gracing her face. Yuri stared at her confused as he saw his smiling girlfriend hovering over him. 

“What’s with the sudden smile?” Yuri asked, confused with his girlfriend’s change in demeanor. 

Yoona chuckled before answering him, “You know what… we should thank Sica-unnie…”

“Eh? Why?”

“Because if it wasn’t for what she did, I wouldn’t have known that you once loved her…”

“Oh…Is that so?”

“Hmmm…I think so…”

Yoona then recaptured Yuri’s lips before lifting his shirt off his person. Yuri was surprised by his girlfriend’s aggressive behavior. For five years, they haven’t done anything past the playful pranks, passionate kisses, and sharing a bed. In short, Yuri has been holding back on Yoona for too long. Now, he was surprised to see Yoona with lustful eyes. 

This was a side of his girlfriend which he rarely sees. Yoona wants him despite his resolve to keep everything whole until marriage, but now she couldn’t wait for that time. She wants him now. 

“Yoong, are you sure about this?” Yuri asked in between their kisses. Yoona momentarily pulled away to answer him. 

“I’m going to erase my unnie’s lingering memory from your mind. I will make you mine, Kwon Yuri.” Yoona said in a hushed tone that made Yuri hunger for her. 

He turned the tables on her when he suddenly pinned her on the bed. They both let out a teasing smile before resuming their heated session. That night, they both belonged to each other.

Yoona smiled at the memory as she felt Yuri’s warmth on her own bared flesh. Their skins blended perfectly in the morning sunlight which peeked through the small gap between the curtains of Yuri’s room. Their first night of love was too perfect for words. Yoona stirred in bed to face her sleeping prince charming. 

She studied his godly facial features which majority of the female species out there would fight for to touch. Yoona snuggled closer into Yuri’s chest, feeling the steady beating of his heart as it synchronized with her own. She took in the familiar scent of her love as she s her arm over his bared waist to pull him closer to her. Their bodies were now intertwined with neither of them wanting to let go of one another. It was simply ethereal. 
 

 

***

 

Inside Jessica’s Bedroom

Taeyeon’s phone alarm rang with his favorite girl group droning their song. The song was his personal favorite to say the least.

Are you a good one? Are you a bad one? It’s clearly a risky business. I’ll bet on it. Take my chance on you…

The Hallyu star groaned. He wanted to sleep more and his body ached in exhaustion from yesterday’s series of surprises. With eyes still closed he blindly fumbled for his phone on the bedside table nearby. He tried sitting up but couldn’t because of the weight that was bearing down on him. Wait, there wasn’t supposed to be a dead burden keeping him from moving freely…

His curiosity got the better of him. He slowly rid his eyes of sleep before opening them to a blurry scene that turned vivid every passing second that had ticked. The first thing that Taeyeon saw was a blonde bush of hair that seemed to glow in the dimmed room. ‘So, this was the weight that kept me from moving…’ Taeyeon thought as he stared at the blonde young lady snuggling onto his chest with her hands clutched tightly onto his waist. Jessica’s warmth diffused through her shirt and conducted itself towards Taeyeon’s bare upper torso. 

The warmth of her body thrilled him but he felt comfortable with her touch. He found heat rising onto his cheeks as he felt the unique features of a female latched onto his body with only a thin piece of clothing that used to be his loose shirt separating them. He tried to suppress his surging hormones as he recalled what happened last night. 

Taeyeon decided not to wake the sleeping Jessica as he made sure not to move too much when he reached for his annoying phone on the bedside table. 

Pressing the required key to shut the alarm off, Taeyeon browsed through his schedule which he had kept updated in his phone. His eyes widened when he realized that he was supposed to do something important today. 

‘Oh no! I’m supposed to pick up Tae Hee-noona today!’ Taeyeon thought as he stared at the schedule he had prepared in his phone a few days before stepping foot in his home country. He thought of an idea of evading his older sister’s queries about his unexpected engagement to the business prodigy by the name of Jung Jessica. He wasn’t ready for his noona’s lectures and interrogations about becoming a mature man who is going to marry soon. 

Pressing a number on his speed dial, Taeyeon pressed the phone towards his ear hoping to hear someone answer from the other line. After three consecutive rings, the other line finally responded. 

“Yah! Kim Taeyeon, what do you want?” a male’s voice from the other line asked, his tone seemed annoyed. 

Taeyeon chuckled upon hearing his friend’s cold tone. “Sooyoung…Sorry for bothering you at this time of the morning when you’re probably having your breakfast...”

The voice from the other line snickered before responding, “Just cut to the chase, Taeng. I’m your manager and I’m your best friend as well. I know you need something…What is it?”

“Soo, can you please pick up my noona at the airport? Her plane’s arriving at 9:30 a.m. at the Incheon Airport. I promised her that I will be the one to pick her up but something came up so I couldn’t come…” Taeyeon replied in a hushed tone so as not to wake his fiancée. 

“Sure, Kim…Like I’d believe that…” Sooyoung teased as he let out a chuckle from the other line. 

The blonde hugging the Hallyu star stirred in her slumber. She slowly opened her eyes to find herself invading someone’s bed space. She looked up at Taeyeon who was on the phone with his eyes wide in shock upon seeing his fiancée awaken at such an awkward position with him. An ear-splitting dolphin shriek and a hard shove followed afterwards. 

Taeyeon found himself landing hard on floor with his phone still in his hand as Jessica, in her mad reflex, pushed her own fiancé off the bed without any reserve. Taeyeon rubbed his sore buttocks as he felt the stinging sensation that had begun to set in after his fall. Just as he was about to set his sights on the blonde lying on the bed, a huge pillow had hit him square on his face. 

“Ow! What was that for?!” Taeyeon complained in annoyance once he freed himself of the pillow’s obstruction. Surely, the person on the other line had heard the commotion as Taeyeon could clearly hear Sooyoung asking him what’s wrong. 

Jessica sent a glare towards her fiancé as she prepared another pillow to launch towards him. Taeyeon prepared his free arm as a shield as he placed the phone to his ear to mutter some excuse to his friend and manager. His eyes never left Jessica as he resumed talking to Sooyoung. 

“Soo, I’m sorry for the commotion. I have a little problem over here so please just pick up my noona for me and don’t tell her anything…I’ll explain everything later…” Taeyeon managed to say. He heard a chuckle from the other line as he waited for a response. 

Sooyoung was amused when he heard his friend from the other end. He realized that Taeyeon might have been sleeping with a woman after hearing the ear-splitting shriek that was clearly female. It was news for him since he knew the guy only liked dating girls then dumping them afterwards, not randomly sleeping with them. This was somehow interesting to him. He was itching to know who Taeyeon had slept with. 

“Hey, Taeng! Are you with a girl right now? Did I just hear a young lady scream? What are you doing right now?” Sooyoung bombarded his best buddy with questions making Taeyeon face palm himself on his fail attempt to hide his unexpected engagement.

“Soo…It’s not what you think…” Taeyeon replied.

“Yah! Kim Taeyeon! Didn’t I tell you not to invade my space?!” Jessica butted in as she sent icy stares towards the man answering the phone. Sooyoung could hear her very well and he thought the voice sounded familiar. 

Taeyeon placed his hand over the mobile phone before responding to the angry lady sitting on the bed with her arms crossed over her chest, “Quiet down will you…and I didn’t invade your space, you’re the one who climbed over the pillow and snuggled up to me while you were asleep…”

Little did Taeyeon know that Sooyoung could still hear him through the phone. Jessica just stared at her fiancé for a moment before dismissing his explanation with a shrug. She got out of the bed and opened her laptop which was idly sitting on the desk. Seeing her schedule load onto the device, she turned to Taeyeon while sitting on her office chair with a leg crossed over the other. 

“I’m going to work…” she said in a tone that lacked emotion. Taeyeon knew she had forgiven him and had dismissed the thought of what happened earlier. He now understood that this was Jessica’s way of reconnecting with him. Taeyeon rememb

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter