28 – Bitter Reality Slaps Real Hard!

Playful Secrets and Surprises
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Tiffany.”

 

“Yes?”

 

“Is your cousin engaged to KTY?”

 

The question caught her off guard that she almost choked on her frappe. Her widened eyes and the surprised expression gave her away. Tiffany saw sadness creep up on her close friend’s face.

 

“I guess this is it…” Sunny concluded, “Besides, I wasn’t even sure if he did love me. He’s a player and I thought I could change him, but-”

 

“Sunny, I’m sorry for keeping this from you. Jessica didn’t want anyone else to know. Actually, she and Taeyeon didn’t want others to know; hence, all those rumors spreading around.” Tiffany said as she held the distraught Lee’s hand.

 

They were inside the VIP room of a humble café located near the Jung Castle. It had been a long time since Tiffany had spent some time with her friend and this was such a dire circumstance to hold such a meeting. A lot of problems were plaguing both women and they were left to their own thoughts for a moment.

 

“So when are they planning on coming clean?” Sunny asked, her brows furrowed.

 

“I don’t know. They’ve been forced by their parents to live together for two years. Taeyeon-oppa will live with Jessica in the Jung estate for one year and then Jessica will be with him at his mansion in the following year. I’m not sure if they’re planning to announce their engagement soon.”

 

“I’ll talk to him then. I want him to tell me the truth. I want it coming from him. If he tells me that he loves me, I’ll fight for him. But if he loves Jessica, then I’ll relent.”

 

Tiffany’s grip on her friend’s hand tightened, “You do know that he’s a player, right? My cousin is also a player and I’m quite sure they’re not bent on settling down yet, perhaps, that’s why they planned to keep the news from erupting. Jessica was actually thinking of how to get out of this mess. She told me that she’ll come up with something.”

 

‘I hope she will come up with a plan, soon.’ Both women thought as they took a sip of their drinks in silence.   

 

***

 

The week had passed and Tiffany found it odd that upon Jessica’s return, the Jung had been lounging in her room ever since the blonde had arrived from her business meetings. It seemed that she and Taeyeon had been avoiding each other since they’ve both arrived from their respective jobs; for the Kim had immediately headed for his fiancée’s room and stayed there until dinner. Much to the Hwang’s surprise, the Kim had cut his hair short, losing the blonde tips. Taeyeon sported a much cleaner look with his dark-brown hair combed to the side.

 

Jessica, on the other hand, stayed inside the young doctor’s room the whole day only bothering to get her stuff taken to her room.

 

“Hey, Tiff.”

 

Tiffany’s thoughts were disturbed by Jessica’s voice. The Hwang ly to see her cousin lounging comfortably on her bed right after they had their quiet dinner with Taeyeon.

 

“Yes, Jessi?”

 

“Is Krystal home yet?”

 

“No. She’s staying over at Seohyun’s.”

 

Jessica nodded in understanding, propping her hand to support her head as she eyed the Hwang who was busy with the papers on her desk. Tiffany was wearing reading glasses but it didn’t protect her from getting flushed cheeks and goosebumps upon having a pair of keen eyes studying her back form.

 

“Can I sleep here?” Jessica questioned, which somehow got Tiffany to drop her pile of documents on the table and swivel her office chair to face her cousin.   

 

“Why are you sleeping here tonight? You have your own room.” Was Tiffany’s retort, an eyebrow raised at the cat-like persona that was stretching herself comfortably on the Hwang’s bed.

 

“I miss my cousin. I want to spend some time with her before my schedule gets hectic.”

 

“Okay. So what are you doing tomorrow?” Tiffany relented though she wasn’t convinced of her cousin’s reason, but she hid that doubt from her perceptive cousin.

 

A shrug was the Jung’s reply as Jessica randomly rolled in Tiffany’s bed, “Nothing much, just some mall endorsement with KTY. I needed to be there just for show. But I won’t be doing much. So, do you want to go shopping with me tomorrow?”

 

The young doctor’s eyes lit up. “I’m up for shopping but since you’re hosting the endorsement at your mall, I think we’d better hit the noraebang!”

 

“Great idea, Tiff!”

 

Tiffany chuckled as her cousin rolled over some more in her bed like a cat would. She pounced on Jessica and began a tickle fight with the Jung. Laughter and giggles filled the room and soon, the simple tickle fight escalated into involving pillows.

 

Everything felt like their childhood years again. Both girls wished it would last.

 

Tired from their little game, the two girls erupted into fits of giggles as they hugged each other, sweats coating their figures as they laid side by side.

 

“I missed this.” Jessica muttered as she buried her face into Tiffany’s neck.

 

“I miss this too.” Tiffany replied, her cousin’s golden locks.

 

The room was filled with silence before the Jung momentarily got up to cover them both with the comforter. They returned to snuggling beneath the warmth of the blanket.

 

“Tiff, I’m tired.” Jessica mumbled.

 

“Then sleep, Jessi.”

 

“But I want to spend time with you. I’ve neglected you for so long.”

 

“You ARE spending time with me, Jessi.”

 

Jessica looked at her with mesmerizing eyes and the pout on her lips had tempted Tiffany to do the unthinkable.

 

“Tiff-” Jessica’s words hung in the air. Her eyes widened at the sudden contact of the pair of lips against hers. Tiffany was kissing her this time. The Hwang was getting back at her for the intense kiss they both shared inside Tiffany’s car.

 

The Jung couldn’t recall when she allowed her cousin to slip in her tongue and it was now dancing with her own in a mutual rhythm. Fingers lightly ran through her blonde locks and she felt surges of electricity run through her body at the touch.

 

The heat was building, breaths heaved, hands danced along the curve lines of the two figures’ bodies, and their legs intertwined. But before Tiffany could take it further, Jessica managed to pull away.

 

They were both panting from the heated moment and Tiffany could see the confusion vividly reveal itself in her cousin’s eyes. They both felt like teenagers with raging hormones.

 

“It feels so wrong yet so right, Tiff.” Jessica managed to say, her eyes almost teary as she tried averting her gaze from the Hwang.

 

“Jessi, I’m sorry.” Tiffany wasn’t really sure whether it was the right thing to say.

 

“It’s okay, Tiff. You weren’t at fault.” Jessica’s eyes finally met hers, a sad smile formed on the Jung’s lips before the blonde snuggled up to the brunette once more like nothing out of the ordinary happened between them just moments ago.

 

Tiffany simply accepted the curled up form of her troubled cousin, hands wrapping a secure hold on the petite figure. She didn’t know what overcame her and why Jessica had reacted like that. It was when she felt something soaking her shirt did she realize that Jessica was crying this time.

 

“Jessi? What’s wrong?” Tiffany asked as she leaned back to see Jessica tearing up, her body snuggling up to her. The Jung’s grip on her form tightened and it confused and pained the Hwang to see this vulnerability on her cousin.

 

“I’m sorry, Tiff.” Was the blonde’s mumble.

 

Tiffany didn’t know what to do. She simply her cousin’s back whilst losing herself in her own thoughts. Something was amiss. She feared that her nightmares were coming true. It may sound paranoid but it seemed like her visions were becoming reality, an ugly reality which she wanted no part in.

 

‘What happened to my cousin in the span of the week? Had she met Taeyeon during that time? Did something happen between them?’ Were the questions plaguing the Hwang’s mind.

 

“Don’t leave me…” The blonde’s voice trailed off, popping Tiffany’s thought bubbles and bringing her back to reality.

 

“I won’t, Jessi. I’ll always be here for you.” Assured the dark-haired cousin.

 

***

 

Inside Jessica’s Bedroom

 

Taeyeon laid in the bed he shared with his fiancée, lost in his thoughts. A lot of things happened at his family’s vacation house where they had sought refuge after their grueling mission. His thoughts drifted back to his very first girlfriend – the one who broke his heart and turned him into a player.

 

He pondered on how similar Jessica was to his ex-girlfriend. There was something so striking about the two girls that made him uneasy. Jessica was smart, confident, and decisive. Her very presence commanded authority and she exuded a unique charismatic aura that pushed through people’s emotional walls and drew them towards her, whether they liked or not. But Taeyeon had discovered something about the blonde of which only a few have known.

 

Jessica Jung is vulnerable and sensitive. Beneath that strong and powerful façade lies a fragile soul. Thinking back to the past, Taeyeon had realized that his ex-girlfriend was like Jessica and even had similar features to the blonde. It’s just that his ex wasn’t blonde.

 

The Kim turned to the side, hugging the pillow that laid next to his head. Jessica’s scent welcomed his olfaction. He ce again, facing the door this time. Not a single sound could be heard from the door. He supposed that the Jung heiress was in Tiffany’s quarters, conversing with the raven-haired doctor. Then, he remembered Jessica’s mutterings of Tiffany in her slumber.

 

The blonde, his fiancée, had fancied Tiffany Hwang. It seemed like a secret and Taeyeon was quite bothered by the fact that Jessica might not be straight at all – that his fiancée might be in love with her cousin, though what happened between him and Jessica back at the vacation house seemed to contradict with the very thought. Taeyeon wondered whether Jessica had hidden feelings for Yoona as well.

 

He had yet to know how the blonde felt about the youthful actress and of course, he had been made aware that his own cousin, the supermodel, had also been in love with the Jung. A sigh escaped Taeyeon’s lips.

 

‘Jessica Jung, you’re going to be the death of me.’ The Kim concluded as he closed his eyes, surrendering to slumber.

 

Before he could allow himself to drift into dreamland, the door unceremoniously slammed wide open, jolting him up in bed. Eyes shot open in surprise at the sudden sound and movement. The intruder had her eyes on him and his eyes widened more as he took in the new presence at the door.

 

“Jung Soojung?!” Taeyeon gasped, failing to close his mouth as he expressed his astonishment.

 

The figure gave him a haughty grin, body leaning against the doorframe in a lazy manner, a typical Jung pose that her sister would exhibit, “Long time no see, Taeyeon-oppa.”

 

It was then that it hit Taeyeon.

 

Now he knew why Jessica had been eerily similar to his ex-girlfriend.

 

He watched in horror as he was now taking in the form of his ex-girlfriend standing by the door in the flesh, as if she had been summoned by his thoughts.

 

“Y-You’re-”

 

“That’s right, I’m Jung Jessica’s younger sister, your fiancée’s younger sister.” Krystal smiled at the bewildered man, “which reminds me, where’s my unnie?”

 

Taeyeon was speechless.

 

***

 

Tiffany’s Bedroom

 

A knock on the door summoned Tiffany from slumber. She had fallen asleep with her beloved cousin secured in her arms. Gently prying the hands circling around her waist, she got up and sauntered towards the door, wondering who could be on the other side.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter