16 – A Glimpse of a Supermodel’s Past

Playful Secrets and Surprises
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He was brought up in a rigid manner. His family was stern in terms of attitude and appearance. It was fitting since he was a member of one of the most elite families in the country. His relatives were owners of Korea’s top business conglomerates. Yes, this is Kwon Yuri’s world.

Despite all this, Yuri grew to become a kindhearted young lad. He was an icon at school much to the envy of his same-aged cousin, Kim Taeyeon, who was older by a few months. Taeyeon was never that good at school but he was a hardworking student while Yuri was a genius in simple terms.

They were both tutored at home aside from having to attend school like the regular boys. Both boys were taught privately in the arts, sports, and etiquette. It was a tradition in their family that Taeyeon and Yuri learn the intricacies of being the perfect gentleman not that they were far from perfecting the craft but it was their years of training that led them to become what they ought to become.

Yuri found himself reminiscing the past as he laid in the guest room that had been his home in the Jung mansion. He realized that he had been sleeping in the Jung mansion more than he would have slept in his own house ever since he became Yoona’s boyfriend.

It was ironic knowing that his crush, ex-girlfriend, and his current girlfriend are living under the same roof. ‘Kwon Yuri, how can you put up with this?’ he thought to himself as he assessed his current state.

But he knew that Tiffany would have accepted it and that she would be delighted that he ended up with Yoona and not some other girl. Jessica, on the other hand, was oblivious to his feelings and longings. She only thought of him as a brother, nothing more and nothing less. He recalled all those spontaneous road trips that they had.

It was a few years ago when they were in high school.

“Yah! Kwon Yuri! Let’s go out for a ride!” Jessica perked up as she latched onto his arm while they were about to go out to the parking lot. 

“Hey, take it easy. You’ve just learned how to drive…” Yuri muttered feigning annoyance at the blonde’s bubbly demeanor. 

Jessica pouted. “But you’re my driving instructor… I’m in good hands, am I?” 

Yuri chuckled. “Of course, you are. I’m the best driver around…” 

A hard punch landed on his shoulder making him yelp in surprise at the girl’s strength. “Hey! That hurt!” 

Now it was Jessica who let out a giggle. “Serves you right, you big headed chum!” 

“Okay… I’m not teaching you anything again…” 

“Yah! I was just joking, oppa…” Now here’s Yuri’s weakness – Jessica’s aegyo.

‘God, I can’t resist her now, can I?’ He thought to himself. 

“All right, you’re driving Jessica…” He smiled as he held out the keys that dangled in his hand which the blonde took with much excitement written all over her face. 

They were teens but Yuri learned how to drive early since he was caught up between modeling and school. He needed his own car to get him to places. He was a teen model for a magazine after all and he had planned to study his craft after he finishes high school. 
 

***


The breeze was sweeping through their hair as Yuri’s car cruised through the road exiting Seoul. Yuri was amused. His pupil was handling the car well and he didn’t expect that Jessica would be a fast learner when it comes to driving. 

“You’re doing great, Jessica.” He complimented the girl on the driver’s seat. 

“Of course, I am. I’m acing my driving test next week!” She perked as she shifted gears. Yuri just smiled at her in return. He was happy that he gets to spend some time with the blonde despite the hectic lives they both led. He knew Jessica was being trained to become a CEO at home and she had to miss some classes to attend to some business meetings although the blonde still tops the class despite her absences. 

On another note, Yuri sometimes arrives late for school. He’s always on the run whenever the company calls for a photo shoot at random times but it was what he loved doing. He knew that eventually, he’ll be leaving the small company to venture into the cruel world of modeling. He knows the risks but he’s willing to take them and he’s a smart guy. He knows what’s best for him. After all, he is a Kwon. 

“Hey, why don’t we stop over at that fast food restaurant over there for some snack?” Yuri pointed out the building a few paces before them. 

“Uhmm…Okay. But you’re paying, Kwon.” Jessica chuckled as she veered the car into the parking lot. 

“As long as you park this car properly, I’ll pay…If not, you’re paying!” Yuri challenged. 

Jessica scoffed. “Piece of cake.” 
 

***


Piece of cake, indeed. Yuri found himself running out of bills as he brought the tray full of food onto the table where Jessica was idly waiting with a hand propped up to her chin. 

“Gosh, you’re such as Shikshin!” Yuri wailed as he pushed the huge double layered burger, large fries, a coke float, and a caramel sundae to Jessica’s side of the table.

Jessica only chuckled as she took a piece of the oily potato fries and stuffed it into . “Well, you promised to pay for my snacks as long as I parked your car properly so there’s no need for you to regret it…hehe!” 

Yuri settled down with a plate of spaghetti and a pineapple juice while the Jung stuffed herself with the heavy snacks. ‘Sometimes, I wonder how you maintained your figure when in fact, you’re a Shikshin!’ Yuri thought as he eyed the blonde eating heartily from across the table. 

“I can’t believe you’re that thin and yet you eat like some sumo wrestler…” Yuri said earning a chuckle from the girl. 

“Well, nature does wonders, oppa…” Jessica retorted with a snicker.

Yuri chuckled, “You’re a freak of nature!”

“Yah!” Jessica threatened to hit him with her ice cream spoon but she eventually giggled along with Yuri. “You’re so funny, Yul! You’re the best guy friend I thought I’d never have.” 

“Well, you can pass for my little brother, Jess. I mean, you act like a boy!” Yuri teased with a cheeky grin.

“Aish!” Jessica scoffed before playfully punching Yuri on the shoulder. 

“See? You even punch like a guy.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter