12 – First Night

Playful Secrets and Surprises
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The black BMW reached the front of the mansion and Taeyeon allowed his tired body to head out of the car. He ran to the passenger side and opened the door to reveal a sleeping Jessica. He slowly unbuckled his fiancée’s seatbelt and without waking her up, he brought her upstairs to her room which he didn’t have a hard time to find since it was the first room to his left. 

He noticed that some of his stuff was already neatly settled in Jessica’s room when he opened it. The servants had divided the room fairly. Jessica’s walk-in closet was now half-filled with his choice of apparel. ‘I guess my trusted butler had lent a hand…’ Taeyeon thought as he began to feel at home when he saw some of his belongings already arranged in Jessica’s room. 

His eyes landed on the sleeping young woman in his arms. Her delicate features, he studied up close. He slowly pushed the door closed before proceeding towards the bed when suddenly Jessica woke up and met his eyes. He was about to say something when the blonde’s face suddenly turned pale. 

“I’m about to vomi—“ Jessica couldn’t finish her words as she tried to hold the bitter contents of her stomach from spilling into Taeyeon’s shirt. 

Taeyeon had alarm written all over his face as he rushed his fiancée towards the bathroom. But the blonde had already started vomiting the acid contents of her stomach on her fiancé’s shirt. Taeyeon placed her down in front of the sink as she continued vomiting. The young Kim took off his soiled shirt and placed it in the hamper. 

His upper torso was now bare as he approached Jessica who was still leaning in front of the sink. He gently rubbed the blonde’s back as she continued to spill the contents of the numerous drinks and food she had at the club. 

“Sheesh…Get some hot shower, Jung. I’ll get you some warm water for you to drink.” Taeyeon advised as he went out of the bathroom to get a glass of water for his fiancée. 
 

 

***

 

Yuri’s House

Tiffany was lying quietly in bed. She was in the guestroom of Yuri’s house where she and her dongsaeng cousin decided to stay for the night. She was still shocked by the event that had played before her at the club. She couldn’t quite comprehend why Taeyeon kissed Jessica before allowing her to kiss Yuri.

It was confusing and heart-wrenching at the same time. It was like during the time when she used to date Yuri way back in high school. She used to get jealous over something so trivial when she found out about the random road trips that Yuri and Jessica were taking without her knowledge. 

That was also around the time when Tiffany began to act cold towards her own boyfriend and started warming up to her cousins. She later realized that Yuri was just a medium for her to vent out her feelings for Jessica. She was truly in love with the blonde who seemed oblivious to her feelings. 

Tiffany chuckled at her own mistake. She recalled her first kiss which was also Jessica’s true first kiss. It was sudden and unexpected. It happened on Tiffany’s very own birthday and that was also the day before she departed for the States. She had broken up with her boyfriend when they both confronted each other about drifting apart. Their relationship was not that rocky but it was also lacking in sparks and excitement. 

Yuri had accepted the fact that he had lost his feelings for Tiffany. They both resolved to remain friends after the break up. The two had never failed to update each other of their social life afterwards. 

Tiffany was delighted to receive emails from her ex-boyfriend everyday during her first month in her home country. The brunette would often receive phone calls from the young man every night to comfort her on her lone apartment. 

At that time, Yoona was oblivious of Tiffany and Yuri’s relationship. She thought the two were just close friends. She didn’t know that the two had used to date each other since both parties have resolved to remain in the dark. Only Jessica knew of the true nature of the couple’s past relationship. As ironic as it may sound, the supposed ignorant-to-the-world cousin of Tiffany was the first one to notice the subtle signs of their blossoming relationship. 

Tiffany remembered the first time she revealed to someone that she and Yuri were official. Her blonde cousin was hanging out with them at the local café when she suddenly began popping the question that the couple had thought would never be asked by Jessica. 

“Are you guys dating each other?” the blonde suddenly asked out of the blue thereby surprising both Yuri and Tiffany.

“Erm…” Yuri stammered, unsure of what he wants to say. Tiffany, on the other hand, found it quite wrong to hide things from her cousin and best friend. 

“Yes, Jessi. We’re dating...for weeks now but please keep it a secret. We don’t want attention…” Tiffany replied at the same time pleaded her cousin to keep quiet about their relationship. If there was one person that the brunette could trust the most, it was her blonde cousin whom she had fallen in love with a few months later. 

Remembering those moments of the past made Tiffany sleepy. She turned to the clock sitting at the bedside table. It was already past two in the morning and she had yet to go home with Yoona to explain to her probably fuming cousin about their whereabouts from the previous night. Tiffany closed her heavy eyes and resigned to sleep. She would deal with Jessica later and she has to thank her ex-boyfriend for taking care of her and her younger cousin who has yet to know her little secret with Yuri. 
 

 

***

 

New York

A certain blonde Korean was lounging quietly on the departure area of the airport. She was holding her black body bag which was sitting on her lap while she listened to her iPod that rested on her free hand. The young lady stood up when her flight schedule was announced and without hesitation, the young Korean proceeded down the hallway which led into the plane that she was supposed to board.

She was a vibrant 22-year-old whose special identification card landed her a free ticket to board the Korean Airlines en route to Seoul. Regardless of that, she was on an important mission. HQ had called her and has requested her transfer to the South Korean capital to oversee the exchange of an important microchip which had been recovered by one of their top agents based in the country. 

The young agent was feeling uneasy. She just had a tracker implanted inside her via ingestion and her stomach wasn’t taking it too well. The tracker was a small pill which the agent had swallowed for purposes of keeping her within HQ’s sight. HQ was a rigid organization and it was always bent on keeping its agents safe and their true identities private. From what this blonde agent had heard, some of the agents of the organization comprised of well-to-do individuals such as herself. 

The young lady sat at the seat next to the window. She was sitting in business class along with a few corporate people. Her presence in the suite seemed out of place since her casual outfit and young features did not match the sophisticated atmosphere that the cabin was imposing. 

Just a few hours after takeoff, her phone vibrated signaling an incoming call that waited to be answered. 

“Yes?” the blonde Korean said in English upon picking up the line.

“Agent Yellow, a car will be waiting for you at the airport once you landed in your home country. You will be directed towards your intended meeting place with another agent after your pick-up. Retrieve the chip from Agent Purple and bring the microchip back to HQ. Code White over and out,” said the familiar voice from the other line. 

The line went dead without allowing Agent Yellow to respond. It was a mandatory short call which her mission handler had successfully made without allowing others to trace the phone call and sabotage the mission before it began. 

‘Agent Purple, huh…’ the young agent thought to herself. It was about time she goes back to her homeland. This will be her very first mission on her native shores and she was determined to fulfill it without any mistakes. But right now, she’s going to play a game of Tetris on her phone. This will help her pass the time without allowing anyone to take advantage of her on the plane. 

She knows that there’s someone on board the plane who will try to intercept her and grab her role as the one to receive the important object to be handed to her. Her thoughts on the assassin were broken when a stewardess interrupted her game. 

“Excuse me, miss. Sorry for interrupting your game but someone wants to see you from the other cabin…” the stewardess informed as she motioned the passenger to follow her. 

Agent Yellow felt that something wasn’t right. She could definitely expect some action inside this aerodynamic bird that she’s in. The blonde Korean followed the suspicious employee with care as she sensed that the one whom she’s trailing could be the assassin that was set to kill her right then and there. 

When they both reached the chamber separating the two cabins, the stewardess turned abruptly and in one swift motion, unleashed a cutter and lashed at her oblivious victim. It was the blonde’s swift reflexes that she has to thank for saving her from the deadly blow. She had just ducked in time having the blade slice up a strand of her hair in the process. 

The young agent wasted no time to allow her would-be killer to launch another attack as she held the assassin’s hand that was holding a knife and immediately pushed the stewardess into an empty toilet cubicle. The short agent knocked out the assassin who made an attempt at her life. Seeing that the stewardess would soon recover from her blow, she produced three sets of 10 cc syringes all filled with Potassium Chloride. The solution was used in lethal injections.

One by one, the young agent injected the dangerous liquid directly into the assassin’s carotid artery. She had wanted to kill the stewardess in a faster rate and this was one convenience in doing so without making much of a mess. 

A few minutes later, the young agent went out of the cubicle making sure to lock the door so that no one will discover the body until the end of the flight. She made sure that everyone in the plane will not run into a state of panic lest her cover will be blown and her reputation at HQ will be at stake. 

The young agent nonchalantly went back to her seat and resumed her game of Tetris after the incident. She made sure that none of the passengers who were sharing the cabin with her were disturbed. The rest of the flight was peaceful. 
 

 

***

 

Jung Mansion

Taeyeon dropped by at the kitchen in his boxer shorts and slippers. Much to his relief, all the servants have retired for the night relieving him of having someone see his almost bare figure that was only graced during photo shoots. He poured a glass of warm water before deciding to see whether any of the people he has come to know had gotten home. 

He first dropped by his cousin’s room half expecting to see Yuri asleep in bed, but to his dismay, the supermodel’s room provided by Taeyeon’s fiancée was locked and sounds of light snoring weren’t heard from within. The young Kim came to a conclusion that Yuri had gotten back to his house to rest. 

He had his hopes up as he made his way up the stairs to look for the rooms where Jessica’s cousins slept in. It wasn’t hard to find Actress Im’s room since her name was etched on her bedroom door at the wing opposite his new bedroom which was formerly under Jessica’s sole ownership. Yoona’s bedroom door had her name etched on a gold-plate which hung lazily on the hardwood while a sticker saying ‘Enter at Your Own Risk’ was pasted beneath it. 

Taeyeon found himself chuckling at his favored dongs

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter