38

The Exception
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Meanwhile ....

 

"Kyungsoo-ah, what happened today?" Junmyeon asked the younger while the other members began gathering in the room.

"Hyung, I really don't want to talk about." Kyungsoo said without even looking at the elder and continued to play on his phone.

"Come on, you'll feel a lot better", Minseok added.

"No, I really don't want to talk right now." Kyungsoo said once more.

"Kyungsoo-ah, I think it'll be better if we did. It might clear up any misunderstandings---"

"I said I didn't want to talk about it! Can't you mind your own damn business?!" Kyungsoo yelled just wanting time alone. Junmyeon's face contorted from shock into an unknown expression. The other members also were taken back by Kyungsoo's rare outburst. This was the first time that Kyungsoo had ever yelled at him and it would be the last. 

"MIND MY OWN DAMN BUSINESS?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!" Junmyeon's face quickly turned a crimson red. His eyes almost bulging out of his sockets, his veins popping up on to the surface of his neck looking like they would explode at any moment. The members stared in absolute horror as they watched the scene in front of them unfold. "YOU NOT ONLY TRASH NOONA AND KYUHYUN SUNBAE BUT YOU HAD THE NERVE TO DO IT IN PUBLIC? IN PUBLIC? ARE YOU TRYING TO CAUSE A SCANDAL AND RUIN EVERYTHING WE ALL WORKED SO ING HARD?" Kyungsoo's eyes turned as big as saucers. The other members had the same startled look, darting their eyes to one another uncertain what to do. Never had they seen their always composed leader break or raise his voice that loudly. 

"Junmyeon-ah ... c-calm down. You're scaring us." Minseok spoke carefully not wanting to anger either of them further. He tugged on Junmyeon's arm which succeeded in distracting him for a moment instead of glaring death lasers at Kyungsoo. Junmyeon took a deep breath and closed his eyes, attempting to bring himself down to homeostasis. 

"H-Hyung, I---" Kyungsoo began, a quiver in his voice. 

"I don't want to hear it right now. I'm going out for a walk. But think about this while I'm gone. Whatever happened between you and Noona ... do you think she would purposely miss our broadcast unless she had a legitimate reason? We've known her for awhile and I for one know she doesn't have any ill intentions especially when it comes to you. You out of all people should know that. You're the one with her. And you better apologize to Kyuhyun sunbae as well." And with that Junmyeon walked out of the room leaving the rest of the members jaws on the floor. The members looked at Kyungsoo with both sadness and worried expressions and took it as their cue to leave as well. Some members patted his shoulders as they left the room leaving only one member behind.

Jongin looked at his hyung with frustration. "Hyung, I know you don't want to talk but you need to tell me what happened." 

"I had a talk with Minah..." Kyungsoo replied making Jongin's eyes go wide and teeth grit in anger. Jongin sat down next to the elder and listened to what he had to say.

 

 

Flashback: Kyungsoo's POV

"I didn't realize your type of girl changed, Oppa." Minah said as she touched my hand. I tried my hardest to not jolt my hand back in disgust. 

"It didn't." I wasn't lying. It didn't change. You were just a bad egg that I mistook for a good one, I thought. 

"But I heard you and that foreign girl are dating." . How did this information spread already? I was trying so hard to not make it obvious in the changing room, that it almost ate me alive being that cold to her. 

"We're not dating. She's just someone we know." Maybe if I just feign ignorance, she'll just move on to something else. 

"Oppa, I told you how sorry I am for what happened between us. Let's start over. Don't you think you're more suitable to be with me than someone like her? I didn't think you went for someone like that." Crap. She won't drop it. I'll just give her what she wants to hear and this'll be over. 

"Someone like what?

"You know. She's not skinny and she's not that pretty. I mean compared to me anyway." I internally rolled my eyes at how full this girl was. It was just reconfirming of how much I disliked everything about her. I don't know how I didn't see it when we were dating, I thought and mentally slapped myself. 

"She's not as skinny as you or as pretty as you. So why would I be dating someone like that?" I asked Minah already fed up with her whiny fake voice. Hopefully that'll make her drop this conversation. Knowing Minah's personality, she would make Mint's life a living hell. And I didn't want that. 

"Oppa, I knew you would forgive me eventually!" Minah squealed and embraced me. I stood there shock for a moment before pushing her off. "O-Oppa ... what's wrong?" At that moment, I realized I didn't care what she thought or did with this piece of information.

"A real woman isn't stick skinny, they have curves. She's not pretty, she's beautiful. She's a better person than you would ever be. She's a great person and I'd be honored to be dating someone like that." I blurted without thinking. 

"I thought you just said that you weren't dating her?!"

The rouse was up. I couldn't keep lying to Minah and I hated the words that were coming out of my mouth. Words that I didn't even mean. I would protect Mint if Minah ever did something and knowing her she would. I looked around to make sure no one was close. "Well, I lied. I will say this for the last time. You and I are over. It was over when you cheated on me. Please don't talk to me. And if you do anything to the people I care about, especially Mint, I won't let you be. Now please step aside." Minah looked at me like I had three he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter