6

The Exception
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Before I could utter a single word, Baekhyun doubled over in laughter. Suho also joined in while Kyungsoo's smirk turned into a full blown smile.

 

"PUHAHAHAHA" Baekhyun laughed while clapping his hands. "That was great!", he said in between his breaths. 

I slowly trudged my way over to them.

"Uh ... sorry about that guys ... I got a little too into the song." I smiled embarrassingly while rubbing the back of my head.

"Don't apologize, that was a really ... good rendition! I'm sure the SHINee sunbaes would love it!" Suho laughed.

"I don't think good is the right word, Hyung. More just like entertaining. ", Kyungsoo snickered in a husky tone.

"Oh Baekhyun, these are our new neighbors! They live in 1603." Suho interjected before I got to respond to Kyungsoo's little comment. He then proceeded to introduce us to him.

Baekhyun bowed his head to Katy and I. "Hello, I'm Baekhyun! Nice to meet you both!"

"Likewise!" Katy said.

"So what were you guys doing out here in the hall anyway?" I asked.

"Oh, we heard SHINee sunbae's song from inside and wanted to see what was going on." Baekhyun replied.

"Yeah, the music was sooo loud that we were pretty much forced to come out." Kyungsoo said dryly.

"Kyungsoo-ah, be nice." the leader quickly directed at him and then turned to us. "Don't mind him. We all just got back from practice so we're just really tired."

"And apparently cranky too." Baekhyun murmured while nodding his head towards Kyungsoo.

"Sorry guys! We'll keep it down. We weren't really thinking much. And this one over here decided to make taking out the trash into a dance show." Katy grinned. 

"Do you girls need some help? It looks like you still have a couple of bags to throw out." Suho asked as he peered over a shoulder and saw the rest of the garbage. 

"No no no, we got it. You guys are probably exhausted. Go rest! Plus we're considering this as our exercise for the day." I smiled brightly to Suho.

"Let us help out. Just think of it as an exchange for letting us watch your wonderful dance show", Baekhyun chuckled. 

"Yeah, it's no big deal at all. We're neighbors. We should help one another out." Suho replied matter of fact. "Kyungsoo-ah, help Mint with these trash bags. Baekhunnie and I will help Katy gather the rest of it." 

Kyungsoo nodded and grabbed a trash bag and handed me the other one. As we began walking towards the shoot, I thought of how I should start this conversation.

"So.. um... I'm not certain if you remember or not but last night--" I began.

"--I remember. You patted my head and called me cute." Kyungsoo said. Although we were walking side by side and not facing one another, I could just feel him grinning. Ugh, he's definitely enjoying this a bit too much.

"Uh, yeah ... sorry about that.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter