42

The Exception
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After the nice picnic, I walked back upstairs in content. As I was in the elevator, my phone buzzed causing me to smile. Aish, we just left each other. Kyungsoo's texting me already, I thought to myself with a grin. But instead it was a text message from my boyfriend back home saying that we needed to have a serious talk. My stomach immediately turned into knots and the feeling of dread, guilt, and uncertainty flooded through me. I sighed as I opened my door to hear the sounds of music blaring in my living room. 

"Baek, what are you watching?", I asked as I found him laying on our living room floor eyes glued to the laptop.

"The performance you missed the other day. There's like a minute or so left but watch it with me anyway", Baekhyun said and pulled me to the floor with him. 

I focused on Kyungsoo, the bright look he had on his face was hard to miss. Then I saw it. During Kyungsoo's part, he changed the choreography ever so slightly and made a little heart  at the camera. The fans went wild, cheering him for his rare fan service. 

"Bahahahaha! That's what the members were talking about!", Baekhyun bellowed in laughter. "That was the first time I've ever seen him do a heart on stage. What a hoot!", Baekhyun laughed as he slapped in his knees in content. 

"Isn't that fan service?"

"You're kidding right Noona? He did that for you since he assumed you were watching the broadcast", Baekhyun stared at me with a 'duh' like expression.

"Right ...", I replied feeling both happy and a bit disappointed in myself. I felt bad that I had put so much of the blame on him when I myself didn't give him any trust. I let my temper get the best of me again. I then realized we were both in the wrong in this situation. I sighed causing Baekhyun to give me a confused look. 

"Complicated love life?", he asked hitting the nail right on the head. 

"Yeah. Just have a lot to think about", I replied. 

"Do you wanna talk about it?", Baekhyun asked. His facial expression becoming more serious as he propped himself up. 

"No, it's alright. I'm sure you have enough on your shoulders. But thanks though", I smiled gratefully and ruffled his dark hair. 

Baekhyun grabbed my hand and held it in his causing me to be a little taken back. "Noona, you know that you can always talk to me about anything right?  Kyungsoo is one of my members and good friends but that doesn't mean you have to worry about what you say around me. You're like my older sister so don't keep in your hardships if you have any, okay? I'm here for you too", Baekhyun said with a small smile as he squeezed my hand. 

"Thanks Baekkie, I really appreciate that. You're really sweet sometimes." 

"I'm sweet all the time", Baekhyun laughed and was back to his playful mood. "So since you appreciate that so much, why don't you give me a head massage!", Baekhyun grinned and swung his head straight into my lap. I chuckled at the younger male who was now resting his eyes in my lap as I began playing with his hair. 

 

After Baekhyun left, I got straight into a call with my boyfriend back home for the next two hours. The phone call left me more frustrated and confused than I started. I raked my hands through my hair in frustration as I looked at the used tissues that had now littered my bed. I heard the door close and Katy's voice. 

"Mint? You home?", she asked from the kitchen. 

"Yup. And Katherine, I think we need to talk", I sighed as I exited my room.

"Perfect, I was just about to say the same", she said and patted the couch. I slumped on the couch and I at that moment I was extremely grateful to have someone to call a best friend, someone who knew what I wanted to say even before I said it. "What are you going to do?"

"I have no idea", I replied honestly. "After this fight with Kyungsoo and seeing how much something like that impacted me ... it makes me a little concerned."

"You're getting really attached to him you know that, right? And you know we actually don't live here and that we'll be returning back home in less than 2 months." 

"I know", I answered and raked through my hair in frustration. 

"Any updates on what Muller has had to say about this?"

"He's really hurt. And I feel like such a terrible person for being the cause of his pain. He even asked if we wanted to break up. In the end we decided that it was best if we took a break from each other." I watched as a sympathetic smile appeared on Katy's face. "He told me to figure out my feelings for the rest of the time I'm here."

"Well did you want to break up?"

"No ... I mean I don't know. If you asked me if I love my boyfriend, I do. No hesitation. But how can someone love their significant other and feel such strong feelings for someone else... I've been thinking about it for the entire day and I've got nothing."

"You can love more than one person Mint. Are you saying that you think you love Kyungsoo?", she asked. Katy gave me a hard look that was a mixture of sympathy, conflict, and most of all ... concern. 

"My brain says no ... that how can you love a person you just met. Someone that you haven't even gone through any real experiences with you know?" I began. "That doesn't mean that it isn't possible ... I'm sure it is. But I never thought I'd be that person to just fall for someone that quickly."

"I think you need to have a serious conversation with Kyungsoo. Yeol's been telling me how much he talks about you and how excited he gets when he knows he's going to see you", Katy said making the guilt weigh down on me even more. "Don't forget you're not the only person here. Kyungsoo can get really hurt too." I nodded knowing she was fully right. 

"I know. This really ing . I can't even think straight anymore. I just don't know where to go from here", my voice slowing turning into a whisper. 

"It does. And I hate that you're in this position", Katy said with a sympathetic smile. 

"Me and you both. But honestly, I'm so glad that I met Kyungsoo. He's something else and I feel like he deserves more. I don't even know how I should bring this up to him when we just got over an argument, you know?"

"Mhm, I mean you need to have this conversation. As of right now, can you see yourself in a relation

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter