8

The Exception
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I closed my door and joined the two boys in the hallway. Baekhyun opened their door and was the first person to go in. "Umma, I'm back!" 

"Baekhyunnie hyung, where did you go?" I heard Kyungsoo whine. Baekhyunnie? I guess he's isn't so prickly all the time. I waited behind Suho nervously. Goodness I'm sure if I was any closer to him, I'd be riding on his back. Before I had the chance to step back, Suho began walking through the door. Breathe in. Breathe out. I went through the door. It was unexpectedly quiet for a dorm filled with 12 boys.

"Noona, watch out for all the shoes." Suho pointed to the ground. I nodded. I looked at the floor and saw at least 8 pairs of shoes lined neatly in 3 rows. There were shoes, mainly sneakers, ranging from different sizes and numerous colors. I carefully made my way around the shoes and quickly scanned their apartment. The layout was similar to mine but boasted a much bigger size. The first thing I saw was the long hall way that seemed to have a couple of doors on each side. I turned my head to the right and saw the television. It was on low volume but there was no one on the long dark brown couch watching. To the left was the kitchen. Unlike my apartment, they had an island in the middle with 4 chairs making it an eat in kitchen in addition to their casual dining table. My eyes quickly fell on someone's back in a black t-shirt and a green apron wrapped around his slim waist. His shoulder's weren't very broad but that didn't take away from the defined back muscles that peaked through the thin fabric of the shirt. Kyungsoo. He seemed to be focused on stirring whatever it was in the bubbling pot. Truly the Umma of the group. I smiled.

"Noona, welcome to our dorm!" Baekhyun exclaimed and linked his right arm with my left. Kyungsoo whipped around and stared at me with big confused eyes but still managed to bow his head in a small greeting. He looked back and fourth between me and Baekhyun and then to Suho. His eyes then focused on the big bowls that we had in our hands.

"Kyungsoo-ah, we got more food so you don't have to make another batch." Suho said and put the big bowl of pasta on the counter. 

"Hyung, where did you get all that food?" Kyungsoo asked. 

"Noona made it!" Baekhyun chirped. "And she said we can have it!"

"More like you asked her for it." Suho muttered. "Baekhyun insisted she come over to eat with us if that's alright?"

"O-of course, Hyung." Kyungsoo replied and locked eyes with me.

"I hope you don't mind me coming over ..uh.." I slightly scrunched my forehead in thought. , should I address him by D.O or Kyungsoo? "..D.O. I tend to cook in big portions." I smiled weakly. Kyungsoo just looked at me with dull eyes. No reaction.

"It's really good!" Baekhyun interjected and unlinked my arms. He took both our bowls and placed it on the counter in front of Kyungsoo. "Try some! It's even better than yo--" Kyungsoo's eyes turned into a glare.

"--BAEKHYUN..." Suho quickly interrupted. "...go show Noona the dorm." Baekhyun nodded and linked his arms with me once more. 

"Show who the dorm?" a booming deep voice said coming up behind us. I turned around to face a tall guy wearing dark gray sweatpants and a white t-shirt. He wore a black snapback which emphasized his small face and big ears. Chanyeol. He instantly jumped back in surprise. "GIRL!" He had a small acne blemish on his right cheek which showed he had zero makeup. 

"Why yes, I am a girl. Thank you for noticing." I replied cheekily and smiled. "Hi, I'm Mint." 

"Sassy aren't you?" Chanyeol smirked. He lowered his face until it was a couple of inches from mine and smiled showing all his teeth. "You're really short." He said bluntly.

I decided to play along. "Short?! Me? No way!" I said with a surprise on my face. I pushed his forehead back with my finger.

"Hahaha, I like you already." Chanyeol chuckled and straightened back up. 

Suho cleared his throat. "This is our neighbor. She lives across the hall. And she's also your noona so speak respectfully Chanyeol-ah." the leader reprimanded. Chanyeol's eyebrows went up and his eyes widened.

"This little thing? " Chanyeol chuckled. I squinted my eyes and glared at him playfully. 

"This little thing will kick your if you don't stop calling me little!" I smiled and put my fists up. 

"Yeah okay little Noona." Chanyeol patted my head and walked to the couch. Baekhyun began tugging my arm to show me the rest of the dorm. He led me down the hallway. There were 2 rooms on each side and 2 bathrooms at the end of the hallway. One of the bathrooms were occupied. It sounded like the shower was on. The first room on the left belonged to Kai, Suho, and Chen. Baekhyun knocked on the door but no one was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter