7

The Exception
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As Katy and I made our way back into our apartment, we instantly plopped right on the couch. Katy sat down and began playing with her phone. I laid on the opposite end and rested my legs on her thighs. 

"Baekhyun and Suho are pretty much like how they are on TV aren't they?" Katy began. "D.O is a little on the prickly side though. I mean I know idols usually put up an image for television, but it's interesting how these three are relatively the same."

"Agreed. Well I'm sure they have their down points too. They're only human. Suho seems really humble though. Baekhyun is like this little ball of energy that's forever ignited. He's a lot more flirtatious and outgoing than I expected though. D.O ... well that one is just ... prickly is a good word for him. He's a smidgen arrogant too."

"I'm surprised they're not more arrogant. They're EXO for crying out loud. I'm sure they get TONS of girls and probably boys throwing themselves at them. I wouldn't even be shocked if they've been with more people than we have." Katy put her phone down and pushed my legs off and proceeded to lie on the floor instead. 

"I'm sure they're not as innocent as they seem. They have raging hormones like any other boy their age. And they're surrounded by gorgeous female idols. And you mean if they've been with more people than you." I chortled. 

"NOPE, I meant the both of us.." Katy laughed. "...don't forget that year Muller and you broke up during college. I enjoyed single Mint. You were crazy."

"Goodness, don't remind me. That was a hot mess of a year. I mean I haven't been with THAT many people." I chuckled. I quickly thought about that year and laughed at myself. 

"Yeah, yeah, I know I'm just pulling your leg. But anyway, the boys are still so young so I'm sure they're enjoying themselves. I mean, if I was them, I know I would."

"They're not that young.....Suho is just a year younger than me." as I said with a frown.

"He's not that young. But D.O is. He was born in like 1994 or something." Katy replied when she caught my drift.

"1993! He's 21 aka over 18 and totally legal!!!" I exclaimed and then pouted. Kyungsoo is really young.... But that doesn't mean he looks immature. He was actually quite mainly.

"Okay okay okay. I'll leave baby D.O to you. They're all too young for me anyway. Oh, it's getting close to dinner time. What are we having?" Katy pointed to the time which read 6:06 PM. 

"I'm craving Italian today. So I bought stuff to make spaghetti and meat sauce. I forgot to buy some beer though. So let's make a quick trip to the market." I replied.

 

Two hours later. 

 

After boiling the spaghetti, I added another pinch of rosemary to the pot of simmering red meat sauce. As I put the lid back on, I lowered the heat. I told Katy to watch the pot and stir it while I took a quick shower. I decided to put on comfortable clothes since I knew we weren't planning on going back out. I quickly put on a loose dark gray wide scoop neck t-shirt and black shorts. As I entered the kitchen, the smell of fresh tomatoes and numerous spices such as thyme and rosemary wafted into my nose. I wrinkled my nose to the delectable smell. Mmmm. It smells so good. 

I saw Katy standing over the stove with a wooden spoon in . She turned around and gave me a thumbs up.

"Ya, stop eating all the sauce! We need some for the pasta too!" I said and turned off the stove. 

"I can't help it. Your pasta sauce is one of my favorites." Katy mumbled with the wooden spoon still in . "And you made enough to feed a small army so another bite will be okay." Before I got to stop her, there was a knock on door. We both turned to the door and looked back at each other with a curious look.

"I'm not expecting anyone? Are you?" Katy asked.

"Um, no? I don't even know any here yet." I replied quizzically. 

*Knock Knock Knock*

I walked over to the door while Katy began setting up the table for dinner. As I slowly opened the door, I saw smiling face.

 

Baekhy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter