40

The Exception
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Kyungsoo-ah, is that you?"

I turned my head to see Junmyeon Hyung walking towards me. 

"Hyung ...", the quiver in my voice couldn't be ignored as I cleared my throat. 

"I know. I know. I'm sorry too", the leader said and squeezed my shoulder. 

We both smiled at one another realizing no other words needed to be spoken. I nodded my head and scooted over to let him sit down on the bench that Jongin and Noona were previously at. 

"I saw Jongin with Noona. I didn't know they were so close", I began. Without realizing I ended up telling Junmyeon Hyung everything. From what had happened with Minah to seeing Jongin and Noona act so close with one another. After letting it all out, I felt relieved and grateful that I had such an amazing Hyung that was always there for me. 

"Pabo-ya", he sighed and slightly knocked me on the head. "You know both Jongin and Noona aren't like that. I'm sure they had a reason for meeting out here. I wouldn't be surprised if they were just discussing you the entire time." Junmyeon who clearly saw my distress patted me on the back. "Kyungsoo-ah, just talk to her. Apologize. Tell her how you're feeling. Nothing will get solved if you guys don't talk it out." I nodded my head. He's right. I don't know what I was thinking. I raked my hand through my hair in frustration with myself. Aish. Stupid Kyungsoo. 

 

I took my phone out and texted her. 

 

 

Mint's POV

 

As I came out of the shower, my phone was flashing on my bed. 

Kyungsoo<3 [12:39 AM]: can we talk? i'm outside on the bench. i'll be waiting...

 

, that was like 10 minutes ago. I quickly texted Kyungsoo back.

 

Mint [12:48 AM]: sorry, just got out of shower. come up to my room and we can talk.

Kyungsoo<3 [12:48 AM]: okay. Kris Hyung or Luhan Hyung aren't there right?

Mint [12:49 AM]: no, they left already. 

Kyungsoo<3 [12:50 AM]: good, I don't feel like dying today. 

 

I heard a soft knock on my door. He was here. Although I should still be very angry, I wasn't. I was a little upset and disappointed but after speaking with Jongin, I felt much better. I wasn't one to hold grudges for too long nor did I enjoy fighting with anyone especially someone I care about. I truly believe that communication is one of the most important things in any relationships and I was always open to talking it out. 

"Come in", I shouted as I sat on my bed while towel drying my hair. 

"Hey... thanks for talking with me...", Kyungsoo said and quickly darted his eyes to the floor. I sighed as I took in his sulky appearance. "I hope I'm not bothering you or anything..."

"No, I just showered. Let's talk."

"R-Right. Talk", Kyungsoo stuttered. He was beyond nervous. Besides the stuttering, he was constantly twiddling his thumbs and unable to look me in the eye for longer than two seconds. "Um well first, I really want to apologize for how I acted earlier. I was completely out of line and should have never said those things."

"Okay", I responded. Although the anger had already dissipated, I wasn't going to let him off the hook that easily. "Did you mean them? What you said about me and Kyuhyun Oppa."

Kyungsoo twitched at the sound of the word 'Oppa' and I knew I had struck a nerve. He took a deep breath, "Do you like him? Kyuhyun Sunbae, I mean."

"Yeah, he seems like a decent guy from the like 15 minutes I spent talking to him", I said with a hint of sarcasm. "And I'm allowed to make male friends. That doesn't mean I'm going to be physically involved with any of them. Friends are just friends."

"Are you being sarcastic right now?", Kyungsoo asked, his tone returning slightly back to normal.

"A little. I mean, he's nice. But if you're asking if I'm romantically interested in him... well, I don't even know the guy. And I'm allowed to make male friends. That doesn't mean I'm going to be physically involved with any of them. Friends are just friends."

"I know, you're completely right.... and I've been meaning to tell you about Minah and I. We talked earlier."

"I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter