36

The Exception
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"He didn't actually call you his girlfriend though right?" Katy asked as we laid on her bed. I shook my head. "Maybe it was just a slip of the tongue or something."

"Yeah true."

"Have you told all of this to your boyfriend?"

"Yeah, we talked the other day. He knows about everything and he's pretty upset. But he said we will talk once I get back. And to figure out what I'm feeling first." I answered. "Oh how was your day with Yeol?" 

"It was great! Definitely one of the best birthday presents ever. He took me to the aquarium and lunch. The aquarium time got cut a bit short cause fans started to recognize him. I don't know how they could even recognize him, his entire head was almost covered! It's crazy. But very worth it." 

"Ehhh, you and Yeol---"

"No. Don't even suggest it. He's like the little brother that I've never had. A much taller and deep voiced little brother. We just get along really well." I nodded. 

 

Fortunately, Kyungsoo texted me saying that Katy and I could come to their performance tonight. We were beyond ecstatic and quickly got ready. We both put on outfits to impress. I looked in the mirror and checked myself once more. Not too bad. 

(Mint's body type is like this but thighs are a little thicker)

 

Katy and I walked arm in arm down the hallway after being let in by security. It was extremely chaotic, people running back and forth with various items in their hands. We looked at each other with excitement and curiosity as we soaked up the atmosphere around us. Katy nudged me.

"Holy crap. Is that ..."

"BAP", Katy finished. We watched as the members of B.A.P walk past us. Daehyun and Youngjae made eye contact with us and smiled as they followed behind the rest of the members. Once they were out of ear range, Katy and I quietly squealed. 

", they're so ing good looking." I whispered to her.

"I know right. Oh my god look. Poker face now." Katy quickly said. We both looked up and put an indifferent expression on as we saw Yonghwa of CNBlue with headphones in as he sat outside their dressing room. His eyes were closed as he warmed up his voice. 

"Yoooongggggg", we both said quietly in unison quoting how he was called during his time on We Got Married. His eyes flashed opened as he turned to us as we walked past him. Katy and I both widened our eyes as we made eye contact with him and immediately looked away. We quickened our pace as we heard him chuckle behind us.

", you think he heard us?"

"But his earphones are in. Unless he wasn't actually listening to anything." Katy replied. We both face palmed at our stupidity and continued to look for the boys' dressing room.

There were many female and male groups here, some we knew instantly and others we could not recognize. As we passed each group, some paid us no attention while others took a glimpse. The way we were dressed and our foreign look made us slightly stick out. The coordi noonas and other workers were dressed casually rushing back and forth to get their idols ready. On the other hand we were just strolling around observing everything. Many of the idols were much smaller than we had anticipated both in height and size. The girls especially. Many of them were extremely thin and very petite. Each time we passed a girl group, some of them would size us up or just stare our of curiosity since majority of the people back here were workers. 

"Who are they?" a girl with round eyes and black hair asked the taller girl next to her.

"I don't know. But that outfit definitely doesn't suit that body type." The taller girl said as she looked at me with a fake smile. 

"That's not nice Unnie. Don't be angry just because you were put on another diet. We're still rookies, we need to be nice to everyone." 

"Man, I could really go for some beer later. What about you?" Katy said loudly in Korean as we passed by the two dolled up girls.

"Oh most definitely. Beer and meat. Lots of it." I answered. Like the first time Katy and I met Kyungsoo, Jongin, and Luhan at the restaurant, these girls assumed we didn't speak any Korean. The older girl's face was a beet red as she scoffed and just walked away. The younger girl rushed after her giving us a small smile. I looked down at my outfit and pulled my shorts down a little becoming a little self conscious. Whatever. I don't know her. Her opinion doesn't matter to me.  

 

We finally found the boys dressing room. Their name, EXO, was printed on a white piece of paper that was taped onto the door. We knocked on the door. The door opened showing a made up Baekhyun with silver hair and dark black and red rimmed eyeliner to go with black and red plaid blazer.

"Noonas! You made it!" 

"Whoa. Baekhyunnie, you look so good!" Katy exclaimed.

"Look at our Bacon. All grown up." We pinched his cheeks and ogled at him like a little baby.

"Ya!" Baekhyun swiped our hands away and made sure no one saw it. "Noona, there are other girls here. I don't want them to see me like a baby." Baekhyun huffed. "And I have my liner on so of course I do", he chuckled and let us in. Inside was just as chaotic as outside. The members were focused on their performance. Kyungsoo and Suho were warming up their vocals. Jongin and Yixing were going through the motion of their dance. The others were resting or playing on their phone. 

The members waved at us as they continued getting ready. They were so dolled up. It was now weird to see them like this since I became use to seeing them in sweats and no make up. I went over to Kyungsoo and Suho while Katy chatted with Yeol and the other members.

"Hi Noona! I'm glad you guys made it!" Suho smiled. 

"Hey." Kyungsoo gave me a small smile before continuing warming his vocals. I knew we were in public so I shouldn't be expecting any grandiose welcome. But still, the small feeling of disappointment was inevitable. 

"Minty!" Luhan skipped over and embraced me in a hug. "You're here! Waa, look at you all dressed up! I like it!" This was more of the reaction I was expecting from Kyungsoo but I knew I was just being over sensitive. "Kyungsoo-ah, I'm going to steal her for a little bit if that's alright with you?"

"You don't have to ask me. Take her." Kyungsoo replied without even looking at me. His words were apathetic which made me a little taken back. Normally, he'd be up i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter