33

The Exception
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Feeding hyper young boys coffee ... Maybe this wasn't a good idea. 

 

The stream of dark brown almost black liquid streamed out from the machine and into the mug. The smell of the roasted coffee beans filled our noses yet again. Although we had already made 3 of them, we were all still huddling around the machine watching it eject out the coffee.

"Mmm, it smells soo good!" Luhan said happily.

"That's what you said about the three other coffees..." Sehun muttered.

"Each one is different, Sehun-ah. The roast, the flavor, the smell..." Xiumin explained. 

"Which one was this again?" Chen questioned as Xiumin was still ranting to Sehun about the different coffee beans.

"Jie Jie, read it. It's in English." Tao asked as he handed me the same light green k cup.

Kyungsoo snatched it out of his hands and began reading. " Green mountain coffee ... h-hazelnut!", Kyungsoo looked proud of himself as he read it with perfect English enunciation. 

"Wahh, Kyungsoo-ah, you're English is so good. Those nightly tutoring lessons that Noona's been giving you is really paying off!" Lay said which caused Kyungsoo to slightly cough. I looked at Kyungsoo with confusion but quickly realized that Suho and Kris might have been using that as an excuse for why he was here so often. 

"Haha, Thanks Hyung. Those uhh.. nightly lessons are really beneficial for me. And it's a nice way to de-stress after a long day." I felt the heat creep up my face as Kyungsoo looked at me with his big rich white eyes. 

"Maybe I should join you. You make it seem like so much fun." Lay chuckled.

"Yeah, Jie Jie. My English is terrible. I wanna learn too!" Tao added.

"NO!--" Everyone turned their attention to Kyungsoo who just looked as startled by his own voice. "--Um --I mean, it's hard to teach everyone at the same time since we're all at different levels. And it'll be hard on Noona to teach all of us." Luhan eyed Kyungsoo and then back at me suspiciously but remained silent. 

"Uhh, alright kids. We can discuss this some other time. Let's finish making these coffees before it the other ones get cold." Xiumin interjected. 

 

We made another two cups of coffee and a hot chocolate. We each tasted them and decided our favorites. Between the 7 of us, the coffee was all finished in no time. And within half an hour, the effect of caffeine started to become present. 

"Yup, this was a bad idea." I said to Luhan.

"This is why we shouldn't let kids drink coffee." Luhan muttered.

"At least they're entertaining." Xiumin chortled. 

For the next hour, Lay, Chen, Kyungsoo, Tao and Sehun were bouncing off the wall from all the caffeine. Kyungsoo went around my apartment with Lay reading all the English they could find out loud. Chen, Tao, and Sehun were running around between both apartments playing with nerf guns. 

"DIE!! PIEW PIEW PIEW!" Sehun yelled as he shot Tao in the back with the green and orange nerf gun.

"Ah! I've been shot!!" Tao screamed and clutched his heart. He slumped dramatically to the ground. "Hyung, avenge my death!", he yelled as he pretended to play dead.

"Your hyung isn't here to protect you muahahha!" Sehun shouted.

"That's what you think! CHARGEE!!!" Chen yelled and emerged from the hallway. Before Chen was able to fire, Sehun whipped around and shot Chen with the nerf gun. Chen's eyes widened as the orange foam bullet hit him in the chest. 

"YEHET. I WIN!" Sehun yelled in victory. 

 

"I give them another 30 minutes before they crash." Xiumin whispered to us.

"I say 15. They're probably starting to feeling tired right about now." I claimed. 

"Where did the other two go?" Luhan chimed.

"They're probably in my room or Katy's."

We watched from the couch as their energy gradually depleted. Sehun, Chen, and Tao soon fell asleep side by side on the floor with the nerf guns still in their hands. We found Lay sleeping in Katy's bed and Kyungsoo in mine. 

"What should we do with the kids?" Xiumin asked.

"Just let them be, they're probably exhausted." I replied and we tiptoed out of Katy's room.

"You and Katy okay with them sleeping your beds like that?" 

"Yeah, I'm sure she won't mind at all. And plus Kyungsoo's been in my bed a lot, so it's not a big deal." I automatically answered Luhan as we went back into the hallway. Luhan and Xiumin came to a complete halt as did I as I realized the words that came out of my mouth. I turned around to face their questioning and confused eyes. 

"What do you mean a lot? He's slept in your bed before?" Xiumin questioned. . I just let that completely slip out. They both watched me, waiting for me to answer. 

"Um ... what I meant was ---" 

"I knew it! You guys do have something going on. Kris and Junmyeon are so bad at lying. I knew something was fishy. Kyungsoo never stays out over night unless he's going back home." Xiumin responded. "How long has this been happening?"

I sighed. "For awhile now..."

"Don't worry, your secret's safe with us. Right Luhan?" 

We both looked at Luhan who hasn't said a single word yet. He just looked at me with this unreadable expression.

Xiumin nudged him and he weakly smiled and nodded. 

"So those nightly tutor lessons .... you're not really helping him with English right? You're helping him in the 'other' department ... the 'naughty' department.." Xiumin wiggled his eyebrows at me and flashed a cheesy smile. I couldn't help but laugh hearing those words come out of the member who's usually quiet and to himself. 

"That's enough Minseok. We shouldn't ask her those kinds of questions." Luhan said. 

"Hahaha, it's alright. But sure, you can think of it that way. We haven't had yet actually. But I won't go into the details to spare your ears."

"Don't spare me. I wanna hear all the naughty details." Xiumin replied surpr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter