17

The Exception
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I took the yellow post it note off my door and went inside my apartment. I looked at the time on my phone. 10:42 AM. Katy's English class was at 8 to 10 AM every other day which gave me the rest of the day to do what I want. She told me she would let me know when I needed to be in. I sat on my bed and looked at the yellow piece of paper in my hand. I'm pretty sure I've reread this note at least 5 times since I've walked in. He should of at least told me what he needed help with so I can prepare properly. I took some of my beginner English books and set them on my desk.  I looked at the two books. Hmm, maybe he's at an intermediate level. I'm sure SM provided some lessons already. I took out an intermediate level book and replaced the two beginner books. I looked at the books in conflict. I put my hands through my hair and ruffled it in frustration. I'll figure it out later. As I looked into the mirror, my face was a little bloated from eating ramyun last night. It's a nice day, maybe I'll try going for a run. Might as well be semi productive with my time.  

I put up my hair up in a ponytail and dug around my drawers for my workout clothes. Although it took a bit searching since I normally don't work out, I found them. I changed into a black sports bra and a yoga pants with a blue stripe running down the leg. I zipped up my hoodie, put my headphones in my ear, and headed out. Although, it was late morning it was still relatively quiet. The sounds of the normal bustling city sounds weren't present. It's nice living in a quiet neighborhood, I thought as I looked up into the blue sky. I stretched my arms over my head and warmed up my legs. 

After about 45 minutes, my legs told me to head back. Why did I think this was a good idea again? I'm going to regret this later. As I approached my building I ped my hoodie to help cool down my body. I was drenched in sweat and the cool breeze felt amazing on my bare damp skin.  

"I didn't know you like to run?" a low voice said. I immediately whipped my head back to find myself face to face with the origin of the voice

His face was covered in a sheen of sweat which only enhanced his bronzed skin in the sunlight. He was dressed in black sweatpants and a sleeveless top and from the looks of it, most of his clothes were sponsored. His bare arms were glistening with drops of sweat and I could see that his dark tank top was equally as wet. He wore a black cap but one look and any one can identify the guy before me. 

Kai.

"Oh hey." I took a step back since it felt uncomfortable standing so close to him. "I don't normally but I thought it be a good idea to start." His gaze was intense and smoldering. "And I'm sure I can bear to lose a couple pounds as well." I added remembering what he said the first night at the BBQ restaurant. Kai cleared his throat.

"About that ... sorry." Kai said while looking at the ground. "Seeing someone be able to eat as much as they want while I'm on this strict diet got me into a bad mood."

"It's fine, I'll just take it as words of motivation." I replied.

"You don't need to lose any weight. You're actually much skinnier than I expected." Kai said as he scanned my body. His eyes seemed to linger on my stomach and chest.  

I instantly remembered that I was wearing only a sports bra underneath my hoodie and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter