16

The Exception
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I didn't let go of Suho's wrist until we were outside of the apartment. The cool evening air brushed against my face as my anger started to dissipate. I grabbed Tao's hat to help Suho from being recognized if there was anyone around the building. Luckily there were only a few elders walking around and did not seem to notice him. 

"Noona, you didn't really have to do that." Suho said with his hands in his pocket as we walked side by side one another. 

"I know but I feel frustrated just watching them step all over you. They did it during your reality show too." 

"The members don't step all over me. It's not their fault. I just need to be a better leader." Suho replied. "Wait ... you watched our show?" , caught red handed. Must think before speaking. 

"Y-yeah, I mean it was entertaining. Especially during the martial arts---" I waved my hand and refocused. "But that's besides the point!" 

"It's okay Noona, it'll be our little secret." Suho chuckled. "But the members are just like that. We've been together for many years. They're hard workers and they would have practiced eventually. "

"I know the members would have Suho but you shouldn't have to constantly repeat yourself. Are you not frustrated? Wasn't that the reason that you were so down today?"

Suho turned to me. "You're quite observant aren't you? Even some of my members are oblivious or they just don't care ..." I heard the small doubt in his voice as he rubbed the back of his head. "I usually talk to Kyungsoo about these kinds of things but I can tell he holds back a bit in consideration for the other members."

"I was a psychology major so I'm more equipped. And I have no problem telling you or them how it is." I said with a smile. "And they're oblivious. They obviously care for you but sometimes you can't always just be their play mate. You need to be their leader too. Ask Kris for some pointers, he has s under control."

"You know, it's only been a few days but I can see why Baekhyun and Chanyeol have taken such a liken for you and Katy noona. It feels like I've known you guys forever."

"I mean I am pretty amazing." I said and nudged Suho playfully. 

"Alright, don't get ahead of yourself." Suho broke into his normal smile. "But I get what you're saying and I want to thank you for feeling concerned. It's just not in my personality to be so strict with them, you know?"

"I understand Suho but especially when you're feeling down like today, you need to be serious with them and let them know. You don't want these kind of negative feelings to linger and expand into something bigger. Sometimes that can put a real break in a friendship without you even realizing it." 

"Yeah. I mean we all had our ups and downs but we've stuck together and got through them together. We're a team and without one of us, it won't work. But if it gets to the point like today, I'll tell them."

"K, that's all I want. And if you ever feel frustrated or upset, a walk is always a good way to clear the mind." 

Suho nodded. "Yeah, I actually feel a lot better already. Thanks Noona, really." 

"Of course, anytime. Suho, are you hungry?" I asked feeling a pang of hunger.

"I could eat. Why?"

"Want to grab some sushi. I'm really craving." I rubbed my stomach. Suho laughed at my action. 

"Sure, I love sushi. There's this pla

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter