34

The Exception
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Katy's and Lay's Surprise Party

I made it a purpose to avoid Katy this morning before she left to school. Knowing full well that I'm a terrible liar, she would be able to smell the suspicion on my face from a mile away. I decided to put on a nice white shirt just for the occasion even though we weren't going out anywhere. I fluffed up my wavy hair for some volume, checked the mirror one last time and was good to go. 

(this top with black skinny jeans)

 

Around 1 pm, Kris texted me that they were all back at the dorm. Chanyeol was going to take Lay with him back to the practice room to retrieve something he "forgot". He was going to intercept Katy on the way. Once we received a text from Chanyeol that he had both Katy and Lay with him, all signs were a go. 

Kyungsoo came over to help me bring the cakes over to his apartment.

"You look nice today." Kyungsoo said and gave me a light kiss. 

"Thanks, I decided to actually look decent today since it's a party." I turned around and walked to the fridge.

"Whoa, that back."

"Yup, business in the front. Party in the back." I winked and took the first cake out of the fridge. 

"You can just wear a t shirt if you want.."

I shook my head. "Definitely not. I wanna look pretty for all the pictures we will be taking."

"You look pretty in anything you wear..." 

"Aww thanks. You're just saying that to get into my pants aren't you?" I joked as I squinted my eyes.

"You caught me." Kyungsoo held his hands in the air. I took the second cake out and placed it on the counter. "These look good."

"Of course they do, I made them. We got a chocolate mousse cake and a standard red velvet." I placed my hands on my hips feeling a sense of pride from looking at my cakes. We each took a cake and headed to his apartment. 

 

 

We went in as Kris and Suho were about to place an order for fried chicken. The rest of the boys had started putting up the decorations as quickly as possible.

Tao started blowing air into the deflated blue balloon until it was bigger than his head. He nudged Sehun to look at his work and pushed his phone into Sehun's hands to take a picture. Sehun sighed and angled the phone and started counting down. 

"1 ... 2... 3!" On the count of three, Sehun grabbed the balloon and popped it in Tao's face causing a piercing scream to come out of the elder's mouth. 

"BAHAHAHAH. That was hilarious!! I got it all recorded! I'm sending this to everyone." The other members who were decorating joined Sehun in laughter as Tao just continued blinking in shock. 

"I want in!" I yelled from the kitchen. 

"I got you covered Noona!" Sehun yelled back.

"YA! That wasn't funny." Tao's eyes watered as his hands were still clutching his poor shaken heart. "Kris Ge, yell at him!"

Kris looked over to Tao's pouty face as Kai and Luhan separated the two bickering children like it was a normal routine. "Not my maknae, not my problem." And nudged Suho. "That's all you." Suho sighed and continued ordering the food on the phone. 

Within 30 minutes, all the balloons and banners were hung up and taped to wall creating a colorful collage. Kyungsoo and I finished up decorating the cakes with last minute touches and candles. Luhan, Xiumin, and Chen brought the cases of beer and bottles of soju from my apartment. The food arrived filling the apartment with the smell of the mouth watering fried chicken. 

"Okay guys! They're here!" Suho yelled. "Everyone hide!"

We all scrambled and crept down in our respective hiding places. Suho hushed everyone and turned off the lights. Once the darkness filled the room, Kyungsoo grabbed my hand, caressing my skin. He squeezed my hand causing me to turn to him. His lips gently touched mine. I smiled into the kiss, careful not to make a sound in the complete silence. The excitement and heat both rushed up to my face as his tongue darted in my mouth, realizing we were in a room full of people but they had no clue on what was happening. I was grateful for the darkness so Kyungsoo couldn't see the ridiculous smile that was plastered on my face after his lips left mine. 

We heard Chanyeol's booming voice as they reached the door. The door opened slowly letting in the light from the hallway. 

"Why is it so dark in here?" Lay asked and stepped into his apartment. Katy switched on the lights and we jumped out of our spots. 

"SURPRISE!!!!" The sound of party poppers popping caused Lay, Katy and Chanyeol to jump up. Colorful confetti and streamers flew in the air and then floated to the ground. 

With his hair filled with pieces of colorful confetti, Lay's eyes grew as he looked around stunned at the sight before him. "W-what ... what is all this???" He turned to Katy and Chanyeol.

"Our surprise birthday party!", Katy shouted. She ran over to me and gave me a big hug. "Thanks chingu!" 

"Happy birthday ." I hugged my best friend back.

"Oh by the way, next time you might not want to make it so obvious ... the avoiding, the cake mixes, and all the alcohol.." Katy chortled. I facepalmed. Next year, I will succeed! "Speaking of which, let's start drinking!"

"Before we start the festivities, we have something for you Yixing." Suho said with an excited eager smile. We quickly retrieved one of th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter