1

The Exception
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Mint, I got accepted into the teach abroad program!!!!!" exclaimed Katy as she screamed over the phone. 

"KATHERINE, SHUT THE UP RIGHT NOW!" I yelled back in excitement. 

"Wait ... please tell me your location placement is where I think it is.....". I held my breath as I waited for her to respond. Those 4 seconds felt like eternity. 

Katy or Katherine (which I liked to call her in times of extreme feelings), was my best friend since we met in college freshmen year. We both just graduated from college last month. Katy was a triple language major and is fluent in Spanish, Korean, and Portuguese. And of course, English. On the other hand, I majored in Psychology. There was only one place where we wanted to go.

"YUP, SOUTH KOREA BABY!" Katy shrieked. 

"Holy crap. Holy crap. This is really happening. When do you leave?" I asked impatiently.

"By you, you mean we right? Cause I'm not going without you! Plus, I persuaded the program director that I needed a teacher assistant. And of course, he couldn't refuse. So, WE are leaving in two weeks." 

"You, my friend, are a freaking genius! This is seriously going to be to the adventure of a life time. All those lists we've made of food we want to eat. All those placed we wanted to visit. IT'S GOING TO BE FANTASTIC!"

"You mean fantastic ... baby." I could hear Katy grinning over the phone when she said that. 

"Boom shakalaka ." I quickly responded.  

Katy then proceeded to give me the details about the program. It will be for 3 months and she will be teaching both English and Spanish to the Korean students. Since she finished at the top of her class, the program director really favored her and agreed to whatever demands she wanted. All our expenses will be paid. We will be given an a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter