15

The Exception
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As I walked back into the living room, I saw that the two trays have almost been wiped clean. Baekhyun and Chanyeol quickly grabbed some of the remaining cookies. All the members but Kyungsoo, Kai, and Suho were present. 

"Guys, save some for Kai and Suho." I said pushing aside my thoughts on what just occured between Kyungsoo and I.

"Kai doesn't want any." Chanyeol said spewing cookie crumbs everywhere. 

"Then save some for your leader." As I was about to grab the last cookie, Lay took the last one and took a bite. He innocently looked up and frowned when he registered what I just said.

"Oh sorry, here you can give it to Suho." He said innocently and put out the half bitten cookie. I told him it was fine and just to finish up the cookie.

"I heard there were cookies." Suho came into the living room then saw the empty trays. "Or not..."

"Sorry Suho, I tried to save you some but they're savages." I chuckled and eyed the members. 

"It's alright Noona. I'm used to it ..." he replied with a solemn look I've never seen before. That was when I gave him a hard look and realized that  although attractive, he had dark bags under his eyes. For someone of only 22 years, the stress and frustration of the real world was evident in his face. For the first time, I felt my heart break a little.

"I'll make you your own special batch later. Of if there's a dessert you like, let me know and I'll make it." I said and linked my arm with his. He was a little taken back by my sudden skinship but then eased into a smile. Suho nodded and I pulled him to sit on the couch. Katy and the other members were talking amongst themselves when Kyungsoo came back out with an empty plate. I watched him as he put the plate into the sink and began listening to the various conversations.

"You like soccer?" Luhan said and suddenly appeared in front of me. I looked back at him in confusion and he pointed to my shirt. Oh right, I'm wearing a Germany soccer jersey from the world cup. 

"Yeah, I guess so."

"Why Germany? They're good but I'm all for Manchester United." he smiled. 

"Oh my boyfriend's German. He got me this jersey when he was there for the world cup." I answered. All of a sudden, the room became quiet and all the members eyes were on me. Katy gave me a look saying, How are you going to explain this one?

"BOYFRIEND?!", Baekhyun and Chanyeol exclaimed. They rushed over to me pushing Luhan aside and began pelting me with questions. "Why didn't you tell us you had a boyfriend? ... What's he like? ... Do you have a picture? ... Noona, why didn't you tell us?"

"It never came up..." I replied. "Okay, okay, one question at a time guys." I gave Katy a look. They began talking over one another to the point that I couldn't even understand them. By then some of the members had gathered around us to watch the Baekyeol interrogation spectacle. I locked eyes with Kyungsoo but his eyes showed a glimpse of anger then turned cold. , this is going to complicated to explain. Right when we were making some progress. "Guys! Shut up!" I yelled. They immediately zipped their lips. "Listen to me. If you interrupt one more time, I won't tell you anything." They nodded in unison and eagerly waited for my response. I told them about my boyfriend back home in New York, how long we've been dating and showed them a picture. 

 

"She has a boyfriend but she's pretty much a free woman here" Katy added and carefully tilted her towards Kyungsoo. 

"Wait, how does that work?" Chen asked.

"Noona, isn't that cheating? You shouldn't cheat on your boyfriend." Suho said with a concerned expression.

"Suho, it's okay, he gave her permission to do whatever she wants p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter