37

The Exception
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Whoa! Watch where you're kicking!" I turned around to apologize and realized the voice sounded extremely familiar. My eyes grew as I came face to face with Super Junior's Kyuhyun. "Oh my god, I am so sorry." I couldn't look away from his face. I was scared if I did, he would disappear or be a figment of my imagination. My ultimate bias. The Kyuhyun. 

 

 

"Haha, it's alright. With that expression, I guess you know who I am?" I quickly nodded still processing that he was right here. Right in front of me. I was star struck. He was beautiful. Definitely better looking in person. Sharp eyes. A voice that could kill. And a smirk that could make any girl weak at her knees. 

"Stop being so cocky." Ryeowook popped his head out from behind him. "Hi, I'm Ryeowook. You are?"

"Nice to meet you! I'm Mint." I introduced myself and bowed. My eyes constantly darting between the two Super Junior members before me.

Ryeowook's eyes lit up. "Oh! You're Mint! I've heard a lot about you from the boys. It's nice to finally put a face to a name." 

"I hope it's all nice things they've been saying", I chuckled. 

"Of course. They talk about you and your friend alot. If they ever give you a hard time, direct them to me."

"Please Hyung, you wouldn't do anything. Don't listen to him he's all talk. He has a huge weak spot for EXO", Kyuhyun said with a scoff. There it was. The sharp tongue Kyuhyun that made him my number 1 bias. 

"Ya! I need to toughen up my image!", Ryeowook whined. 

"Hyung, it's too late for that. We debuted 9 years ago." Kyuhyun replied. I watched in awe as they bantered with one another like an old married couple. 

"Yeah yeah yeah. I'm going to get something to drink. You guys want any?" We both shook our head and watched as Ryeowook left us alone. 

 

Kyuhyun directed his attention to me. "So how old are you?"

"I'm 24."

"Oh you're younger than me. So you have to call me oppa."

"O-Oppa ..." It was the first time I've ever called someone that. Since all the EXO members were younger than I was, I never really got that chance. I liked the sound of it. And I assume Kyuhyun did too since he was grinning from ear to ear. And it felt nice talking to a guy who was older than I was. "You know we were born in the same month ... Oppa." I blurted without thinking.

"Oh really? You know my birthday! Are you a fan of mine?"

"Yes. A huge one actually. But don't worry, I won't write my experience with you online or anything", I chuckled.

"As long as it's all nice things, I don't mind", Kyuhyun laughed. "So tell me, why are you a fan of mine? My voice? My stunningly good looks---"

"---Didn't Ryeowook Oppa just say to stop being so cocky?", I snickered and wagged my finger at him. This time Kyuhyun's eyes grew wide, taken back by my interjection only for a second. He then let out a hardy laugh at my blunt words. 

"Ah yes. I should stop, shouldn't I?" 

"Yes you should. But if you must know. I like your witty image. And your infinite love for wine."

"Ahh of course. I forgot to mention those. You like wine?" Kyuhyun asked.

"Wine. Beer. Alcohol, in general. With meat preferably." 

"A girl after my own heart", Kyuhyun replied as he clutched his heart in a dramatic manner. Heat flushed to my face as I smiled in response.

"What are you kids talking about?" Ryeowook asked as he came back with three drinks in his hand and gave them to us. 

"Our love for alcohol", Kyuhyun and I said in unison and high fived each other.

"Oh goodness. I leave you guys for 2 minutes and you're already synced up and talking about alcohol". Ryeowook took a seat in front of the monitor as Kyuhyun and I continued discussing what wine we liked. I heard the roar of the audience as EXO came on stage. I looked at the monitor every so often but didn't want to come off rude since Kyuhyun was talking to me. Ehh, I''ll let him know that I want to watch the performance after we finish this topic, I thought and paid Kyuhyun my full attention. 

 

"Hahaha, oh god you watched that?!"

"Oh yeahhhhh. You looked very pretty as a girl, I must admit", I laughed as we talked about their episode on SNL Korea. Katy walked into the room and saw that I was talking to Kyuhyun. "Dude, did you fall in the toilet? Where were you?"

"I got a little distracted. I ended up having the weirdest conversation with um ... Zico. I'll tell you about it later." Katy replied. Kyuhyun and Ryeowook became acquainted with Katy as we continued on our conversation. We discussed how long we were there and various other things. Before I knew it, some of the EXO members came back in. 

 

"Ry

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter