39

The Exception
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongin's POV

 

I zipped up my hoodie and slipped out of the dorm before any of the members noticed. As I pushed the door open, the night wind hit my face causing me to shiver. Hmm, where is she? I walked around the building and saw her standing there in her outfit from earlier. God, she looked good. I shook my head. Stop Jongin. You can't think like that. I quietly walked up to her, her back facing me. 

"Noona." I whispered in her ear. 

"Jesus, you scared the crap out of me!", she said as she gave me a punch to the shoulder. I slumped and clutched my shoulder, pretending I was hurt. Her eyes wide yet still cute as ever. "Oh , sorry!", she said in English and rubbed the spot on my shoulder. Her warmth radiated from her tiny fingers and I felt it even through my hoodie. "Sorry, I don't know my own strength sometimes", she giggled. I smirked at her laugh. Of course, there was no point in telling her otherwise. 

"Have you been drinking?" I asked once the stench of alcohol hit my nose. 

"A little. Do I reek that much?", she asked with a truly quizzical expression. She scrunched her nose and I could tell she was displeased with the fact that she smelled of alcohol. 

"Only if I get close to you." I said automatically moving closer to her. I was right next to her now, our shoulders touching and the mixture of alcohol and her perfume filled my nose. 

"Well then. Don't get too close if you don't want to smell the beer on me." She jokingly scoffed and pushed me away. "Anyway, so you wanted to talk. What's up?" 

The talk. Kyungsoo Hyung. Right. I wasn't even sure myself what I wanted to say. I was just so in the moment that I texted her. "Um ... well I wanted to talk about Hyung." 

"You have like 10. Which one?" 

"You know which."

"Yeah I do. I was just hoping it would be about a different one...", the pain in her eyes were apparent as she looked away from me. She crossed her arms and I felt the atmosphere around us shift into an uncomfortable tension. "So what about him?"

"I really want to hear your side of this." I voiced. Noona looked at me for a moment, her eyes connecting to mine as she studied me for a second. 

"Why? You never seemed interested before. And with the way you usually act around me when we're alone, I'm honestly a little taken back", she said bluntly. That was another thing I liked about her. Not for me but for Hyung, I thought. She was straight forward and honest from what I can see. I shifted uncomfortably knowing what she was referring too. 

Noona pulled her kimono like cardigan over and crossed her arms. She slightly bobbed up and down and I realized she was cold. "Do you want my hoodie?"

"Nah, I'm fine."

"You're shivering."

"No I'm not. I have an alcohol blanket on."

So stubborn just like Hyung. "Well, I'm hot and I rather not put this on the ground." I responded knowing she was lying and ped my hoodie.

"Fine. Give it here." She took my hoodie and quickly put it in, covering more than half of her body. I watched her snuggle into it making my heart fuzzy at the sight. "Ahhh, I feel better now. Ooh this smells like you!"

"Well, I'd hope so. I'm the only one who wears it", I chuckled. Noona gave me a piercing glare and but then her expression softened to something unreadable. 

"You know. I think this is the first time we've actually had a conversation where you weren't shoving your tongue down my throat." 

I blinked. She's right actually. "You make it sound like my tongue is the worst thing out there."

"It is actually." I gasped as I watched her break into a smile. "I'm just kidding. I'm sure there's a girl out there who would love your tongue down their throats." 

"Noona, there's millions of girls who would like that. I am Exo's dancing machine anyway", I replied and did a little dance move for her. 

"Whoa there tiger. No need to seduce me with your on stage facial expressions."

I laughed. "But my fans love my expressions. They think it's y. You don't think so?"

"Well, it is. But that's not the point. Wait what did you want to talk about again?" Goodness her memory was terrible. 

"Kyungsoo Hyung. And your side of the story."

"Right. Let's go sit down first." I followed her to the bench that overlooked the Han river. It was really pretty here, I had to admit. We took a seat and I watched Noona sit pretzel style on the wooden bench.

"Wow, you're really short to be able to do that", I blurted.

"I swear if you start calling me Little Noona like Yeol does, I'm going to murder you." For some reason, I just burst out laughing. The combination of the way she was sitting, being engulfed by my hoodie, her cute round features, and the death threat just tickled my stomach. "I will. Seriously. Ask Kris. I have a mean uppercut", she said and did a quick demonstrated with added sound. "BOOM! Just like that." I felt my body vibrate with laughter and for some reason I couldn't stop. Noona looked at me for a moment and joined in. After what felt like a couple of minutes, we both calmed down.

"Why were you laughing?"

"I don't know. I just find you funny", I chuckled. 

Noona shook her head, "Well thankssss. Back to the main topic for like the umpteenth time." 

I listened as Noona explained her side of the story from start to finish. Ahh so it's like that. Ugh, Hyung, you're such a butthead. I watched Noona's expression at it turned sour. I could tell she was getting herself riled up again. And who wouldn't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter