5

The Exception
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What happened?" Katy popped her head out of her room.

I jumped a little in surprise. 

"Oh you're back already?" I asked as I moved the grocery bag to the kitchen. 

"Yeah, we got out a little earlier than expected. So what happened?"

I told Katy what had transpired in the elevator. I then began to veer off topic and started gushing at how truly handsome he was up close without even taking a breath.

"His eyes, I mean can they get any bigger. Like his eyes are so white and he's just so cute and I just want --

"--to pat him on the head?" Katy laughed.

My eyes grew big. I had totally forgot about that. Holy crap. Did he remember who I was? I really hope he didn't recognize me...

". You think he recognized me? I mean, he didn't bring it up. So he probably doesn't remember right? ....."

"Dude, it happened just last night and I'm pretty sure he would remember a drunk girl randomly patting his head." 

I plopped on the floor and smashed my head into the pillow. Ugh. My life is a joke.

"Wait, so you think it's possible he lives here? Or maybe he's visiting someone ...." Katy's voice trailed off in concentration.

"I have no freaking idea. I mean we can't really go knock on the door and ask. That's kinda creepy"

"....but we can try to listen through the door ..." a smirk emerged from Katy's face.

"That's even worse!" I facepalmed.

"So ... " Katy began.

" ... let me put the food in the fridge first." I responded.

 

We slowly opened our door and looked around to make sure that no one was outside. As we cautiously crept out of our apartment, we tiptoed to the door across from us. 1602 , it read. We both placed our ears firmly on the door to see if we could hear anything. 

"Do you hear anything? " Katy mouthed.

I shook my head. As we listened for another couple of minutes, we heard a couple of voices. Male voices. And it seemed to get louder and louder. Katy shot up and was about to tell me to do the same when the door opened.

"Hyung, I'll be right ba--- what the?!" Kyungsoo jumped back in surprise.

Before I could register what was happening, I fell backwards. *Oomph* Ugh, my . That's going to leave a bruise, I instantly thought. I immediately stood up and came face to face with Kyungsoo glaring at me. . Kyungsoo quickly closed the door behind him.

"What the hell are you doing?" He growled.

"U-Uh, I--" I stammered. All the Korean that I had learned somehow vanished from my memory. I felt my face turn red with heat.

"Are you some kind of saesang fan? Because I've seriously had enou-" Kyungsoo said impatiently.

"--No, we're not! We just wanted to introduce ourselves! We just moved in!" Katy quickly interjected.

My eyes grew. A saesang? That is the worst thing to be called. Ever. I unconsciously frowned.

"R-right! We wanted to meet our neighbors! ..." I perked up and pointed to our room. "... we live in 1603!"<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter