12

The Exception
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Who is it now? The door opened meakly and Suho's head popped in. 

"Good afternoon Noonas." Suho smiled brightly. Katy and I waved and motioned him to come in. "I had a feeling these kids would be here." as he looked down to a sleeping Baekhyun and Chanyeol. "Sorry if they're becoming a bother, they tend to get attached to things they like really quickly." 

"No, it's alright. We like having them and you over. It makes us feel more at home." I assured him. 

"See Hyung, I told you it was okay." Baekhyun replied and stuck his tongue out. 

"Yeah Hyung, who can not like us. We're adorable." Chanyeol added earning a little knock on the head from Katy. 

Suho rolled his eyes at his dongsaeng's comments. "Alright, guys why don't you go shower instead of running around in pjs. And I'll buy you some soup."

"It's okay Hyung, Noonas already made us some rice porridge." Chanyeol said as he sat up. 

"Suho, did you eat yet? We still have some left." Katy asked.

"No it's alright, I ate earlier. But thank you though." Suho smiled kindly. 

I ushered Baekhyun off my lap and received a frown. I stood up and pat his head and went into the kitchen, "Here, why don't you take this to Kyungsoo. He's probably not feeling too well either." I said and spooned the remaining contents into a bowl. I walked back and handed it to Suho.

"Thanks Noona, I'm sure he'll really appreciate it." Suho replied. "Kids, let's go shower."

"I'm comfortable here though. We can shower later." Baekhyun whined. Chanyeol nodded in agreement. Suho sighed.

"Guys, go shower. You can come back afterwards." I said sternly. Baekhyun pouted cutely at me. "Your aegyo does not work with me Byun Baekhyun."

"If you don't shower, we're going to start locking our door so you can't come in." Katy warned. Chanyeol's eyes widened and quickly stood up. He  tugged on Baekhyun and they both scurried to the door. 

"Okay okay. We're going. Don't lock the door! Hajima!" Baekhyun yelled and vanished with Chanyeol. "We'll be back soon Noona!" 

Suho began shaking his head. "They never listen to me unless I nag them." 

"You're too nice." Katy chuckled. "Gotta be strict from the very start." I nodded in agreement.

"Haha, yeah I guess so. Alright, I'm going to go give this to Kyungsoo. Thanks again Noona." Suho said and left our apartment. 

 

1 hour later.

 

"This is stupid." I said feeling defeated looking at the painting high on the wall. I guess I'll have to wait until Katy gets back to take down the painting. Stupid short legs. While Katy was running to the market, I decided to get a jump start on setting up our TV. That included removing the henious painting that was hung by the previous tenant. I'll just throw out the garbage and some more boxes . Being the lazy person that I am, I thought I'd try to throw everything out in one trip instead of going back and forth. Alright, let's get this done. I stacked the two boxes on top of one another and put the garbage bag in the top box. Ugh, I can't even see over this as I bent down and grabbed the boxes trying to balance them. I felt for the knob and opened the door. Only after a couple of steps outside of my door, I was introduced to a familiar voice.

"Whoa, watch out!" a deep voice said and steadied the boxes with his hands. His long fingers were adorned with silver and stainless steel rings and black bracelets. 

"Sorry! I can barely see over this thing!" I said.

"Do you need help carrying some of these?" the voice asked. 

"No I think I got it. Thanks though." I replied. "Ugh, this is what I get for trying to do this in one trip." I muttered in English out of frustration.

"Oh! You speak English." the voice replied back in my native tongue. The top box was suddenly taken from my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter