Final

Changes in My Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SULLI's POV

A couple of years already passed since Lu Han's death but I still couldn't believe it. I wished it was a dream but unfortunately it was reality. I chose to detach from my friends for the time being. I didn't want them to see how miserable I was because of what happened. It surely left a deep wound and would leave a scar in my heart forever. 

I wiped the tear that flowed out from my eyes and took a deep breath to calm myself as I kneel infront of Lu Han's ashes in a jar. After composing myself, I stood up and when I turned around, there was Chanyeol behind me. I was taken aback. And I know he noticed that. He cleared his throat before he greeted me formally. He was dressed in an all-black suit. I remember he wasn't able to make it to Lu Han's funeral.

"Would you mind if I talk with him for a while?" He asked. I responded with a nod and stepped out of the small room where Lu Han's remains were sheltered.

After almost half an hour, he stepped out too and I looked at him blankly. He offered to drive me home in which I accepted. He was my close friend after all and it had been a long time since we last heard from each other, he left without a word before graduation, right? The ride to my home was quiet but it wasn't awkward. I was thankful because he didn't ask questions which could trigger my emotions. He had always been like that.

Upon arriving, he opened the door of the car for me and escorted me to my doorstep while holding the umbrella for me since it was raining. Because of that, I had the need to offer him a cup of tea. At first he was hesitant but he gave in when I said he owe me a lot of things. 

So here we are, we are quietly seated across each other with our teas. Silence still prevails so I have to break it. "Chanyeol? How have you  been?" He shifted his gaze to me from his cup of tea. He pressed his lips tightly which made his dimples appear before he spoke. "I should be the one asking you that, Sulli. It's been two years, but I can see that you're still struggling." His eyes were full of concern for me. "I heard from Soojung that you cut contact with them and asked me to go back here as soon as possible. But it seemed like fate is against me, I had a hard time arranging my leave from my University and booking a flight back here. I often call them to ask for any update about you but still they say that you couldn't be reached. We're very worried of you Sulli." I couldn't find my voice to reply to what he said, I just remained quiet, still. I didn't know I was tearing up again until Chanyeol handed me his hanky. Seeing that I didn't have any plans to take it, he wiped my tears with it. "I... I just can't accept it, Chanyeol..." I said in between cries. I clenched my chest in pain and hurt. "I felt betrayed and lonely and sad and left out..." I continued. "Why did it have to happen? Why does he have to die?!" All my bottled up emotions were poured out. Chanyeol was just there listening and letting me spill everything.

"Where are we?" I asked Lu Han.

"We're here in my secret garden." He warmly smiled at me while holding his camera. I fondly looked around the place full of pretty wild flowers and butterflies flying around. He was quietly taking pictures of me which I bet he thought I didn't notice.

"Are you done taking pictures, Lulu?" I grinned at him, he scratched his head in embarrassment. I walked towards him and asked him to show the photos to me. "Nah, I'll save these for myself. I need these. You take pictures of me too. You'll need those when I'm not around anymore." He said...and he was already fading out from my vision. His sweet smile being left in my memory. A white butterfly flying in front of me, leaving glittery dusts. I tried to catch it but I failed...

Just then I felt a soft touch trying to ease the crease on my forehead and remove the furrow of my brows. "Lu Han!" I blurted out. My eyes popped open and I found myself lying down on the couch with a blanket draped over me. Beside me was Chanyeol and I could see the concern on his face again. "You dreamed about Lu Han?" He gently asked me as he assist me to sit up. I nodded. He nodded too and crossed his legs.

"Lu Han also appeared in my dreams about five times already since his death. That's another reason I went back to Seoul."

CHANYEOL's POV

It's tr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter