Chapter Twenty seven

A Way Back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[CONTENTID1][/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]As your best friend[/CONTENTID2]

 

[CONTENTID3]


I attempted to take a small step, while she was crying on my chest. But the time I lift my leg, I hear her sob even harder, and she squeezed her hand on mine even more. 


I was afraid. 
I don't want seeing her like this. She's been a very strong girl. I know her. But because of this freakin guy, my strong best friend turned into like a flimsy glass. 
I'm scared seeing her sobbing. 

"Shin.." I tried to hum her name. I don't want to ask her if she's okay, because I know, it's freakin not. "It's okay.." Hence, I blurted. 

 

 

It's been minutes-- long minutes, we're standing facing in each other. 
The sound of her crying seemed to cease a bit. But I still hear her deep breathings, feeling like she needed the world' air on her side. 
I'm still caressing her hair, shushing her. 


"Can you walk?" I asked her. 

 

I saw her bit her lip. She didn't said a thing. 


"You want me to carry you?" I said, I wish I just commanded that. 


"N-no. I c-can." She said, her voice is trembling. 


I sighed. "You sure? Wait." 

I took off my jersey, exposing my bare chest. "Top this on your shirt." 


I saw her tearing up again when she saw her shirt. It seems she's pitying herself. 
I hate that moment. 
She didn't get my jersey so I'm the one who placed it on her. The arm slit of my jersey hide the torn shirt. 

"Let's go." I grabbed her arms and guided her to the way out. "I'm here. No one will harm you." 


It seems she's comforted on my last line and started to take small steps. 


*

 

"Yonghwa!" Selli shouted. "Why Shinhye wearing your jersey?" 


I looked at Shin. She quietly sit on Selli's side and stared blankly at the court. 


"She's not feeling well." I shortly said.

 

Selli touched Shin's forehead. "Shinhye, you're so cold." She grabbed her towel and caress the hair scattered on her face. "Shinhye, you want to go home now?" She asked.

 

Shin lift a very small smile. "I'm okay.." 

 


The game ended. 
Jonghoon rushed on our bench. 

"Yonghwa, why did you left the court? We nearly lose." He sighed. The he sat beside Shin. "You're wearing his jersey." 

 

"Sorry  Jonghoon." I said. "Shin is sick."

 

Jonghoon stared at Shin. "Shinhye, you okay?" He touched her forehead. "I'll get you home. I'm so sorry I dragged you here even you're not feeling well." 

 


"Y-Yong will take me home." Shin said. "He needs to get his jersey too." 

 

I was shocked when Shin said she wants me to take her home. I've been raging since Jonghoon came and started to sit beside her with so much endearment. 


"You can take my jersey instead." Jonghoon started to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter