Chapter Twentyone

A Way Back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1][/CONTENTID1][CONTENTID2][/CONTENTID2][CONTENTID3]

I put the envelope she gave me as a present on my pocket. I secured it real hard, this gift is once in a blue moon and I don't ever want to lose it for heaven's sake. I was smiling as we go out on the ice cream cafe and took down some minutes to walk on the streets. 

She wrapped her tummy by her two arms, and walking like a penguin. 
But instead of laughing at her, I am worried. I bet she's damn cold right now. And she's not saying anything, nor complaining she is freezing. 


I held her shoulder. "Shin, are you okay?" I asked her. 


"Dopey, why didn't you said it freeze here like North Pole?" She paused while holding up her nose.


"I said it so many times, Shin. You didn't listen to me." I reminded her. 


"Then why you didn't scold me?"


"I did. Many times." Once again, reminding her.

 

She sighed and continued to walk like nothing I wrong. I wished I doubled my clothes, so I can lend the other one for her. 


"Shin, let's take taxi." I said.


"Your house is two blocks away, you can lend me some thick clothes by then. Taking taxi at this time is dangerous." She said.


"But I'm here with you, how come it is going to be dangerous?" I laughed. 


She punched my tummy slightly. "Let's walk, Yong." 

 

"But you'll get sick." I stressed. 


"No, I'm not." She smirked at me. 

 

*

 

 

Her lips are so pale when we reached my house. I dragged her inside and let her have some hot tea. She need it. More than anything else. 

 

"Shinshin, you look sick." My Mom said to her. 


"Mom, stop calling me Shinshin. I'm a college student now." She smiled but looking at her face, she seemed irritated. 


My Mom laughed and looked at me. "But I call my son Yongyong also." 


"Mom, stop it. It's not funny." 

 

Shin laughed at both of us but her voice are certainly not in good condition. 


I touched her forehead. She's cold. Very cold. 
"Shin, are you really okay?!" 


She smiled at me. "I am. Don't worry about me, Yongyong." 


My Mom touched her also and I saw in her face that she is very worried. "Shinhye, since when you felt sick? Tell me honestly. Or else I'll call your Mom right now.


My Mom called her Shinhye.
This is serious. 


"I'm really okay. Maybe I'm just tired all day long. Plus I didn't get to sleep last night." She said honestly. 

 


"Shin, why didn't you said it a while ago? Are you crazy? You could get passed out." I said angrily. 


"Chill, Yong." She stopped and coughed a bit. "I'm really tired. Can I get some nap before going home?" 

 

"Who said you're goi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter