Chapter Twentytwo

A Way Back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Present[/CONTENTID1]

 

 

 

 

 

 

[CONTENTID2][/CONTENTID2][CONTENTID3][/CONTENTID3][CONTENTID4]

 

"Yong..." She stared at me. Saying my name for the first time in eight long years. 


Yong

 

She reached my arm, I felt her hand very cold. Because of the damn weather. She's freezing. 


She is freezing. Her body.
But on my part, it is my heart. 
It is my heart that is freezing right now. 


I haven't replied to her, saying my name. 
I gave her a meaningful stare.
To say I miss her.
To say I miss her so much.
To say I miss her like crazy. 


I sighed though. I just sigh. 

 


Someone tapped my back. Jonghoon.


"Yonghwa, what's up?" He smiled at me. He looked very happy. He is. 


"Good." I said with a simple nod. 


"What are you doing here?" He asked. 

 

What am I doing here? Damn. He is asking what I'm doing here. Damn. 

 

"You?" I asked.


"To see Shinhye.." He said, very direct. 

 

Damn Jonghoon. Of course I'm here to see Shin too. Not you. My thoughts are down to my mind. Just on my mind. 

 

"Yong.." She paused. "What are you doing here?" 

 

I looked at her. I wished she can read my eyes. 
As I notice her again, she wasn't the Shin who wore simple sweat shirts and sneakers. Seeing her now, with her hair so wavy up to her chest, her white coat that wrapped her body so gorgeously, her face lifting up some mild make up that made her so so much shine on her cheeks.  


I smiled mischievously. "You know what I'm doing here, Shin. Don't be like that, please."


Please don't ask me. Don't ask me that kind of question. I'm nearly getting crazy here. Please..

 

I took a grip on her arm, I tend to harden the way I gripped her. So she can't get out of my sight again. "I want to talk to you---

 

Jonghoon stopped me. "Yonghwa, can I talk to her before you?" 

 

"Choi Jonghoon.." Shin called his name out.

 

Choi Jonghoon


So Shin still call him like that, Choi Jonghoon.
I felt something sting my heart, and it hurt so much. 

 

"Yong.." She stared at me. "Give me your phone." 


I automatically gave her mine phone, just what I did back then. Automatically doing what she says. What I did back then and even at this moment. 


"Call me." She said lasts and she walked away with Jonghoon.


Walked away with Jonghoon.
Leaving me there. 
Left me just like that in the cold. Several trains passed beside me, leaving the chill unto my body. 

I smiled. A smile that wasn't for happiness, but a smile that is intended to ease the hurt I'm feeling. 

Suddenly, when the smile can't bare to handle my heartache, tears were there to accompany it. Tears dancing with a smile of mine. 
I looked like a crazy. 
Perfectly looking like a dopey. I can't help but to pity myself. I can't help but to be helpless. Who can I take the blame with? Jonghoon? Shin? Or me? 

 


She said to me we will meet if it is the right time. 

But..


The thing she had done to me seems..

That right time didn't exist in the first place. , right time is just a piece of phrase. Just the mere words I used to believe for eight years. 

 

I started to walk away too. Did I just came all the here to see that kind of act?
Choosing Jonghoon all over me, again. 
Again and again.

"Shin.." Crying, but still have the urge to say her name. The name I've been yearning for eight years. Her name echoing in my heart every time. 

I found myself sobbing like a child on the bed. 
Fresh wounds, just like it used to be back then.
Fresh memories, just like it used to feel back then.
And yet, another fresh heart, is broken. 
Just the way it hurts back then. 


*


I found myself lying in my bed, feeling my whole body aching. Sunlight beams on my face, and how I wish that these lights will beam straight on my heart so everything that happen last night will burn forever

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter