Chapter Eighteen

A Way Back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 [CONTENTID1] [/CONTENTID1] [CONTENTID2] [/CONTENTID2] [CONTENTID3] 

“You are one lucky boy, Yong.” She smiled. “Do you even aware of that?”

 

Her answer is playing on my head. “Is it about Selli? Or what happened yesterday?”

 

I saw a tear fell. “Shin, why are you crying?” I rushed at her. “What the hell happened?” I am raging.

 

She touched her forehead and smiled. “We’ve known each other ages ago but probably it is the first time you saw me tearing up?” She wiped her tears. “Relax, Yong. At least be happy that I’m a normal person.”

 

“Shin, are you throwing a joke right now?” I asked.

 

“I said we’ll be seeing tomorrow, which is your birthday. But why are we here again?” She asked.

 

“Do you think that matter?” I asked back.

 

“I’m going to say this for the nth time, Yong. Don’t ever let go of Kim Selli.” She looked at me. “Don’t ever hurt a pure hearted person like her.” She smiled.

 

 

She smiled.

But I don’t understand why there are tear falling.

I don’t understand why she has to say it for the nth time.

I don’t understand why she always mumbles how good is Selli.

I don’t understand for heaven’s sake.

 

I grabbed her hand. “Shin, can you tell me what is going on? Tell me, honestly.”

 

Just tell me honestly, please. I want to beg. Just to know the real deal.

 

“I shouldn’t bring this kind of conversation to a jolly birthday boy.” The spark on her eyes came back on an instant.

 

I don’t understand how she does that.

Completely a puzzle.

 

“Let’s go home. You shouldn’t be stressed tonight.” She added.

 

 

I haven’t responded. I haven’t stopped her.

I wish I can grabbed her hand ruggedly and ask what happened that she tear up like that. Kim Selli came to my mind. Did they have some conversation? Is it about Jonghoon? What about Jonghoon? Is it about on her family? No, I haven’t encountered such problem with them until now.

 

I have two tentative reasons. Maybe Selli, or Jonghoon.

 

 

First thing I did when I came home was email Jonghoon.

 

 

Jonghoon, it’s me Yong.

I haven’t emailed you since you were gone. But now I have the reason to do it. Not for myself but for Shin. When are you coming back?

Please respond to this message real quick or else I’ll drag you from Singapore to Seoul.

 

 

 

 

Short message sent to Jonghoon. I’m eager to write and ask more but my ego didn’t permit me. I wished he read it now and reply now.

I wished.

 

 

*

 

“Happy birthday!” Selli shouted while having a white ribbon on her head. Like a present.

 

I smiled in response. It’s my birthday and I must celebrate. But what happen last night ruin the mood, just like Shin said.

 

“T-thank you, Selli..”

 

“We have a very special dinner later.” Selli said. “We have a very special guest.”

 

“Special guest?” I asked.

 

“Yes, and I will not say who it is till the right time.” She placed at soft kiss on my cheek. “Happy birthday again, Yonghwa.” She sai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter