Chapter Twenty-three

A Way Back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Past[/CONTENTID1]

 

 

[CONTENTID2][/CONTENTID2][CONTENTID3][/CONTENTID3][CONTENTID4]

I felt she's moving. I felt she's awake now. 
Her hand is moving, I can feel it because mine is still intact on her. My head in leaning on the same arm, my eyes are close. 


I know she's awake. But she's not waking me up. Or maybe she knew that I was pretending to be asleep. 
I find her my hair, caressing it like a kid. She doing it without saying a word. 
I was smiling all along. And she's can't see that. Thank God. 

 

"Y-Yong.." 


Finally, she spoke. 

 

I slowly raised my head, still pretending I just woke up, by her calling my name. I touched her forehead. "You ok now, Shin?" I asked her first thing in the morning. 

 

"I'm always okay." She smiled. 


"No, you are not. Maybe pretending, yes." I honestly gazed at her. 


"But we can't removed the ice cream ritual on your birthday. We can't just throw it away just because I'm sick. Right?" She giggled. 


"I can throw that nonsense ritual if your not feeling well, Shin. If I knew your freezing last night, I didn't let you dragged me there." I explained, carefully. 


"You are such a killjoy, Yong. Done is done. Let's move on." She tapped my head. "I'm hungry, what did your Mom cooked for breakfast?" 


"My Mom left early. I said to her that's it's okay not to cook for us." 


"What?" She squealed, and begin touching her tummy. She must be super hungry. 


"Maybe you must cook, because you are the lady here." I . This thing will irritate her to the deepest. I'm teasing her, because I felt she is a lot better now than last night. Seeing her smiling makes me want to make her giggle or burst in laughters. 

 

"I'd rather go home and eat breakfast on my house." She pouted. "Stop teasing me Yong." 

 


I stood up and gave her a super tease smile. "Get up there, Shin. Just follow me on the kitchen." 

 


Shin can't cook. Not even a single hotdog fry properly. Or a rice smoothly cooked. She don't even know how to use a peeler or a can opener. I was the one doing it for her, or maybe now it will going to be Jonghoon. So if I tease that magic word that she can't cook, I can imagine her fury already. I was starting to cook something for the both of us when she suddenly shouted. 

 

"How can I live without you, Yong?!" She exclaimed. "Whoa, you really cook." 

 

"That's deep, Shin. Do you have a plan sticking with me forever?" I pouted. "I'll think about that first." 

 

"Even if you do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter