PROM (Part 2)

Why Did You Appear In My Dream!?

 

/YOUR POV

 “Hey.” Jinyoung squeezed my hand. “You alright?”

“Er… yeah…” I lied.

H-how could he be with her?! Out of all the girls in and out of school, why her?! Why my best friend?! Why Nana?! My heart winced in pain at the sight of them.

Chan Hee, and Nana approached me. I dared not to look at them straight in their eyes, since I don’t want to take the risk, and let the both of them know I feel crushed. Very very crushed.

“Hey!” Nana greeted.

Still having my head lowered, I reluctantly greeted her back. “H-hey…” I stuttered. “I thought you said, you were going with LJOE.”

She paused.

“You lied?”  I asked.

“Er… I-I… I can’t … I… I’m sorry…” She stammered.

“Yeah… You should be.”

Jinyoung was feeling the dense awkward atmosphere. He gently turned me around to face him, and raised my chin up. He sighed, then leaned towards me and gently asked, “Let’s go?”

I nodded.

The both of us walked away from Nana, and Chunji –Nana would never do this… there must be a reason right?? B-but what?! It better be a good one. Or else I got myself trusting her for nothing..—Jinyoung-oppa and I stopped walking, and ended up alone together on the terrace. “You sure you’re okay?” He asked once again with deeper concern.

“Uhmm…” I took a deep breath as I leaned on the terrace’s balustrade. “I don’t think I am…” I lowered my head. “I’m confused. Nana would never do this to me. She would never lie to me. Yesterday, I asked her if she was going to prom with LJOE, and she nodded yes! B-but… Right now, she’s with Chunji… in that table… together… talking to each other with great enthusiasm…”

Jinyoung leaned closer to me, and he gently my hair. “Everything, everything happens for a reason. You might not know it yet, but sooner or later, you will.” He promised. “So, lose the frown okay?” He cupped his hand onto my cheek, and gave me a weak smile. “Your smile is the most beautiful, it would be a great pity to not see it... So, smile, okay?”

I gave him a nod, and forced a smile.

Later on, I glanced at Nana and Chunji conversing happily in the table. As I was watching them, I saw Nana cover . I think I heard her yell, ‘What?!’ or something…  as she gestured ‘NO WAY’ with her hands. Chan Hee, however was thinking deeply, probably trying to persuade her to do something I guess. Eventually the two of them agreed. They both interlocked pinkies and as painful as it is, I saw Chunji leaning towards Nana. He began whispering something to her ear. And, Nana giggled, unexpectedly she suddenly turned to face me. I immediately, looked away.

“_______-ah…” Jinyoung said. “I think it’s better not to look at the both of them?” He said, and I can feel pain in his voice.

I can’t believe it. As hurt as I am, I should know that Jinyoung-oppa’s feeling twice the pain. I’m being cruel to him. He’s my prom date, yet, I’m glancing at Chunji’s table feeling jealous, hurt, and bad.

“I’m such a bad person…” I murmured as tears welled up in my eyes.

“What?” Jinyoung asked worriedly.

“Oppa… I’m sorry…” Tears suddenly slid down my cheeks. “I-I didn’t mean to be like this towards you…” I sniffled. “You don’t deserve this… As hurt as I am now, I’m pretty sure you’re feeling twice the pain. I’m your prom date yet I’m paying attention to someone else… I’m sorry.”

“You don’t have to be sorry.” He smiled softly. “I guess, I was selfish, and I didn’t think of how you’d feel before I asked you out… I’m partially at fault.”

“Oppa… I’m really sorry…” I began to cry. “B-but…I-I… I like Chan Hee…”

He paused and tears began welling up in his eyes. His expression became dim as ever. It was as if, a gun had shot him directly. “…Oh.” He said as several tears ran down his face.

“Oppa…” I cried harder. “I don’t want to hurt you…" I sniffled. "I-I didn’t mean to… You’re like a brother to me and … and… You’re one of those people who are important in my life.” I lowered my head in shame.

“I told you." He raised my chin up. "I’m not asking you to feel the same. The fact that you know… it’s … it’s enough…” He smiled faintly.

I brushed a tear off his cheek. I sniffled. “I’m sorry…”

He caught my hand and squeezed it. “It’s okay…” He forced a smile. “But…Just answer me this question honestly.” He locked eyes with me. “_______-ah… Did you ever love me?” He looked deeper into my eyes searching for truth.

I nodded. “… I did.”

He let out a small smile and brushed the tears off of my face. He gently pulled me into an embrace. “Now that I know that, I feel better.” He patted my back gently. “Knowing that you fell for me at some point…I feel content and happy. I feel a bit better now.” He reassured me, then pulled away from the hug. I felt comfort as I felt both his warm hands cupped onto my cheeks.

“Go…” He said. “Tell Chan Hee how you really feel. Ask Nana, why this happened. I’ll be okay.” He said, as he leaned in to plant a soft kiss on my forehead.

“O-oppa…” I sniffled as I held onto his hand. “I’m sorry…”

“It’s okay. Really. Stop crying now..” He said as he wrapped his arms around me. “I’ll be fine. I’m willing to let you go.” He said as he gently my hair.

“Thank you oppa…” I hugged him back. “And…I’m sorry…”

“I’ll be alright. No need to be sorry.” He let out a small smile.

After wiping the tears off my face, and fixing my ruined make-up, I took a deep breath, and began looking for Chunji...

++++ ++++++++++

Aww… Jinyoung-oppa… ;______; OTL 3 Ouch… On the next chapter, we'll see what happens next~ ;) 

Did you guys feel the sad mood of the story?? Or… I fail at making sad scenes… OTL

Anyways, thank you for reading!! :D Feel free to comment!