Why didn't you ask me earlier?!

Why Did You Appear In My Dream!?

 

/JINYOUNG’S POV

_______ likes him, doesn’t she? She already fell for Chunji… It’s my fault. If only I confessed a little earlier…

“See you at school!” I bid her my farewell.

“See you oppa~” She beamed. Aigoo... How can I not fall for a girl with a smile as bright as this??

After bidding farewell, the both of us went on our separate ways.

“Hyung!” Gongchan greeted. “Did she say yes??” He asked with eyes full of enthusiasm.

“Uhm… yeah… She agreed to go to prom with me.” I gave him a faint smile.

“You don’t seem satisfied though…” Sandeul murmured.

“Yeah, anything wrong?” Baro asked.

“Er… there’s nothing wrong… But, I honestly am too selfish… I mean…I’m not so satisfied with going to prom with her as friends.”

“You’re going to prom as friends?!” CNU mused.

“Yeah… Well… It’s just like that.” I sighed. “That’s how she wanted it… I bet she wanted to go with Chan Hee instead…” My expression dimmed.

“Chan Hee?!” Gongchan’s eyes widened. “I thought you said they hate each other…” He muttered.

“Well, they hated each other.” I told them. “For all we know, not everything lasts forever. Doesn’t mean you’re rich now, you’ll be rich for the rest of your life. Doesn’t mean you’re poor now, you’ll die poor. It’s the same with feelings. Doesn’t mean you hate the person now, you’ll hate him forever. There are times when hate…turns to love. Things change.” I explained briefly.

“Are you hurt…?” Gongchan asked.

“I don’t want to be… but unfortunately, I am.” I faltered.

/YOUR POV

“Free at last!” I celebrated as I finally finished my community service work.

“LOL!” Chunji laughed at me.

“ ‘LOL?’” I raised an eyebrow. “You’re actually LOL-ing now? Doesn’t that mean no one will help you clean anymore?” I snickered.

“I don’t exactly believe that.” He grinned. “I believe that for sure, you will help me.”

“Tsk!” I rolled my eyes. “You and your delusions.”

“So… Are you… planning to go to prom?” He eagerly asked.

“Er…” How many times do I have to hear the word, ‘prom’?! “Yeah… Why?”

“So…” He sheepishly inserted both his hands into his pockets. “Er… Want to be my prom date?” He stammered.

I paused. Damn Chan Hee! You asked me days later!! Jinyoung-oppa already got my yes!! I shrugged.

“Er… I mean…” He locked eyes with me. “Will you go to prom with me?” He asked once more. Only this time, he asked genuinely, with eyes looking deep into mine hoping for the perfect answer.

“I-I…” I stuttered. “Jinyoung-oppa asked me first. So… I…”

Oh.” He faltered. “Jinyoung and you… are… going to prom together… Okay… I see… I didn’t know… Sorry…” He stammered, and immediately, I can feel his lonely, and disappointed aura. He hobbled away.

I felt guilty. Not just because of Jinyoung-oppa, but also because of Chunji … What have I gotten myself into…

Honestly, as insane as it is... I want to go to prom with you Chan Hee-ah... 

++++ ++++++++++

Aww… ;______; Chunji and you won’t be going to prom together, so who will he bring? And what will happen? ;)

[A/N: BTW, in this fanfic, _______ & Chunji are juniors, while Jinyoung is a Senior. Just so you guys know. ;)]

Thank you for reading! :D And, sorry for the lame chapter ;______; We’ll be having our exams for the next two weeks so, it’ll be hard for me to update… Plus, I have a huge number of projects to finish… OTL ;_____;

Feel free to write in your comments! :D >////<