9

Inseparable

 

Woori stepped in the upscale villa, she walked through the gates and punched the six-digit code on the door then she went inside.

“Kris?” She called out as she took off her shoes and went up the stairs.

 

Kris’s brows furrowed, he saw Woori enter the gates. He heard her voice behind the double doors.

“Ya!” Woori panted as she went inside.

“What brings you here? Lay finally released his hold on you?”

Woori blinked and shook her head.

“I..I…”

Kris raised his brows at her.

Woori shook her head.

I shouldn’t tell him. It’s not going to be good, it’s not like they’ll meet, right?

But, she’s going to marry oppa.

“Kim Woori?” Kris tilted his head at her.

“Uhm, I~”

“What brings you here? It’s already dark.” Kris asked, stretching his long arms before standing and walking to her.

“I….was calling, you wouldn’t answer.” She fibbed.

Kris paused, he looked around his study.

“I must have left it downstairs.” He explained.

“Ah, then…I’ll get going~”

Kris reached for her wrist.

“Is there something you want to tell me?”

Woori looked away.

“Nothing, good night.” Woori nodded, squeezing his hand before stepping away from him.

 

“You’re going to do it?” Woori asked in disbelief. Her older brother nodded, the two young Kims were inside Woobin’s office.

“But oppa…you don’t know her.”

“I’ll have to know her, little girl.”

“RI, it’s a duty to our family, aren’t you doing it too? With Kris?”

Woori bit her lip and rubbed her temples.

“Are you worried over me? Aww, oppa’s heart understands yours.”

“Oppa, this is marriage, take this seriously, please!” She whined.

“Says the one in a fake relationship.”

Woori groaned and grabbed her Dior satchel.

“I give up, oppa. See you later.”

 

“She’s back?!” Lay balked.

“I saw her yesterday, and I think Woori did too.” Kris nodded.

“Ge, Woori…she’s going to find out.”

“Yixing, she~”

“She’s going to find out how you just used Yemi as a reason, you just faked your feelings for her. How would Woori think? Or feel?”

“I…” Kris frowned.

“This isn’t going to do her good, just tell her how you feel.”

Then the doors burst open, Yixing choked and looked away.

“I remember I hired secretaries.” Kris nodded.

“My parents…want to eat lunch together, Lay too.” She smiled.

“Then, we’re free.” Yixing grinned before playfully wrapping one arm around her neck.

“Come on, it’s been a while since we last hung out.”

 

Yemi walked in the hotel lobby, she was to meet the Kims for lunch. She was slightly shocked when she saw Woori, she didn’t know she was Woobin’s sister.

She placed her phone back in her bag, then she looked up.

 

Woori was muttering to herself as they stepped in the lobby, Kris’s arm was around her waist as they walked, Lay was talking on his phone beside them.

“But,” Woori looked up, Kris nodded.

“Oppa’s….being arranged.” She said carefully, Kris glanced at her. She just nodded.

“Then, what did he say?”

“I don’t know, he seems….cool about it, too cool, that it gets me suspicious.” She smiled, Kris shook his head.

Lay halted.

“Lay, what~”

Woori looked up, then her eyes widened.

“Y—Yemi.” Kris said.

“Well, I visited your office, you just ignored me. Now you say my name.” Yemi smiled as she walked to him.

Woori felt Kris’s arm tense around her, gently she wriggled out of his grasp.

“We’ll go on ahead, just fol~”

Kris reached for Woori’s hand and pulled her back.

“Let’s go together.” Kris stated, Lay bit his lip.

“Oh, hyung!” Lay turned to Woobin who was walking to them.

“Yemi-ssi, I see you’ve met my sister’s friends.” Woobin nodded. Woori’s brows met.

Kris glanced at the older male then at Woori.

 

Yemi smiled as the Kim elders spoke to her, Kris was talking with Woobin about business, while Woori was concentrating on her pasta.

“Riri, I know~”

She looked at Lay.

“I thought they wouldn’t announce right away.” She replied in Mandarin.

“Don’t worry about Kris ge, I~”

“Lay, you know why he needed my help before, it’s because of her.” She frowned, before looking up.

“Woori, honey, have you introduced Kris to Yemi?” Mrs. Kim asked. Woori froze.

“Eomma, I~”

“Aigoo, let me do it then, Yemi this is Kris, he’s Woori’s boyfriend. Kris this is Jung Yemi, Woori’s future sister-in-law.”

 

Kris tensed slightly but he nodded.

“Congratulations, hyung.” He turned to Woobin. Woori shook her head to herself.

“Abeoji, eomma, we need to go.” Woori said.

“Where? We still have dessert~”

Woori shook her head politely, Kris met eyes with her and he nodded. Slowly he stood up.

“Then, let’s eat together again next time.” Kris bowed politely before leaving with Woori.

 

“I’m sorry, I wanted to tell you but…I didn’t know she would be here today.” Woori said, Kris looked at her.

“You still remember her.” Kris stated.

“Who wouldn’t Kris? That...night we made our deal, Yemi left you and your parents wanted you to marry another girl.”

“Woori, that was a long time ago, I~”

“You told me you would wait, that’s why you needed my help. She’s here now, but…” She shook her head.

Kris’s mind was in a mess.

It was all wrong.

 

 

“You love her, she can’t be my sister-in-law.” Woori looked up.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++