26

Inseparable

 

 

Woobin stepped out of the office, and found Yemi looking at him.

“Oppa, are you okay?”

“This…wedding…don’t do this.”

“Oppa, the car’s waiting downstairs, let’s go.” Yemi nodded, wrapping her arm around his.

“Oppa, you have to listen to me.”

“Like what? Jung Yemi being a runaway daughter? Please, Ri, you saw how her parents are always with her.”

“I called~”

“Let go.” Woobin said lowly as he halted, Yemi paused.

“Let go while I’m still saying it nicely.”

“But oppa, the c~”

 “I said let go!” Woobin shrugged off her hand, then he walked out.

 

Kris sat down, he loosened his tie and glanced at the wall.

There was a photo of him and Woori just across him, it was one of their “couple shots”, it was something they did when people started to talk about them.

“You reject me…now you leave me. How…thick skinned, Ri.” He whispered, his chest tightening.

Kris looked away and clutched on his chest.

“What do I do? I….miss you so much, so much that….” He exhaled.

“Ya, are you busy today?”

Kris looked up and set the papers he was holding back on the table, Woori smiled, she was clad in her usual baggy jeans and tank top.

“Ever heard of business attire?” Kris queried, Woori chuckled.

“I’m not a chaebol.”

“Really?” Kris chuckled, Woori shrugged and walked to him, she leaned on the table while facing him.

“…Maybe someday..?” She nodded. Kris stood up and gently wrapped his arms around her.

“What is it? Work stressing you?” Woori smiled and just wrapped her arms around his waist.

“That….and…thanks for coming, Riri.”

“Anytime, babe.” She chuckled.

 

“What about the people who took her?” Woobin asked, he was with Kris, speaking with the authorities; his mother had collapsed as soon as the news broke up and Mr. Kim was unable to remove himself from his office.

“We found their bodies, they were all burned. There…was also a female body found, sir.”

Kris’s brows furrowed. Woobin looked away.

“We’re sorry for your loss, sir. The body is beyond recognition, but..she was holding onto this.” The chief of police took out a clear plastic bag and placed it on the desk.

Kris’s fists curled on his lap.

It was Woori’s bracelet, the very bracelet he gave her.

“It’s not just that…sir, one of your staff has stepped to us.”

 

Lay leaned on his desk weakly as tears started to fall from his eyes.

“A fake relationship? Of all things, Ri~”

“Ya, don’t be like that, he’s your cousin.”

“I think it’s going to be dangerous.” He retorted, Woori shrugged at him.

“I know Kris needs my help.”

Woobin’s secretary had just called and informed him about everything.

“Kim Woori.” Lay whispered while shaking his head.

His best friend’s body had just been found.

She’s dead.

 

“What did you say?” Kris almost hissed, Woobin had stepped out of the room in anger.

“I’m sorry….the young miss asked me to keep everything and..the Jungs…they threatened me.” The middle aged man looked down.

“She’s dead.” Kris almost spat.

“She tried to tell everyone, but sir~”

“It’s not going to change anything, the….only woman I’ve ever loved…is gone.” Kris explained, his tears starting to form.

 

“And….I’m going to do everything to avenge her death.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++