41

Inseparable

 

 

Kris looked up, then a cup of coffee appeared on his desk.

“Jung Yemi.” Woori said as she looked at him.

“….Woori,” Kris’s eyes doubled in size.

“I remember her being…and you..” She stuttered.

“Kris, I’m sorry.”

“No.” Kris’s voice came out sharp, Woori jumped slightly.

“I mean, it’s not your fault, before all these happened, we were over.”

“But~”

“Don’t, she’s…..nothing to me now, even before.” He trailed off, then he pushed away the papers from his desk and stood up.

“I…”

Woori looked at him.

“Can I hug you?” Kris asked as he walked to her. Woori nodded slowly.

“I…just missed you, Riri.” He said as he wrapped his arms around her. Kris felt his eyes moisten slightly.

“Lay asked me to do this, I think he likes her.”

Kris rolled his eyes at her.

“Come here, Riri, your lips are blue from the cold.”

Woori chuckled and just let Kris wrap his arms around her.

“Bossy as ever, Wu Yifan.”

Woori smiled to herself, somehow she understood. She understood that Kris was important to her.

“So, are you here to yank me out of work again?” Kris smiled as Woori pulled away.

“I don’t even know, did I use to do that?”

Kris chuckled.

“A lot.”

“Did you ever get angry?”

“…No, I didn’t really mind, come on.”

 

“Luhan tells me, that you plan to escape from the party tomorrow.” Kris said as they entered the mall. Woori shrugged.

“Do..you know the way to Wonju?”

Kris nodded.

“Remember that kid and his grandmother I told you about?”

“They helped you.” Kris replied calmly, somehow he felt happy that Woori would always disturb him at work and ask him to come with her.

“I was planning to go to their house this afternoon, do you know what nine year olds like? Toys?” She looked up.

“You want to visit them?”

“I do, I’m not sure if Kai’s going to come too though.”

Kris’s felt his jaw clench.

“Don’t go by land, I’ll have someone prepare the chopper later. Let’s get Minjun some toys.”

 

“Hey,” Kai said as he pressed his phone to his ear, he nodded for his secretary to step in his office.

“Today? I think it’s okay.” Kai murmured as he looked at the papers on his worktable.

“Arasso, I’ll be there, Kim Woori-ssi. Halmeoni? I think…. Kitchen tools.”

He put his phone down.

“Please cancel the appointment for tonight, I have to drive to Wonju to meet Kris hyung and Woori.”

“Yes, are they okay now?”

Kai blinked and looked at the male.

“Before something happened to miss Kim, her and mister Wu were dating. Some even thought they would get married.” He smiled good naturedly.

 

 

 

Kai grinned as the white helicopter with Wu Empire’s logo painted on its tail landed meters away from him. The wind fussed up his hair, but he waved as Woori stepped down from the machine.

“Kim Jongin,” Woori smiled and hugged him tightly.

“You’re alive, hurrah.” Kai chuckled before setting her down.

“Halmeoni? Minjunnie?”

“Minjun’s still at school, halmeoni’s not home, I think she’s at the market.” Kai explained, then he looked up and saw Kris walking towards them.

“Oh, you brought the ex here too?”

“The ex?” Woori wondered.

“…No, you’ve been with him for weeks, I thought you remembered.”

“What……remember?”

 

 “You used to date Kris hyung.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++