17

Inseparable

 

Woori stepped back.

“What are…you doing?” She managed to blurt.

“I lied to you, Woori.”

“Lied? What do you mean?”

“I always have loved you, not anyone else.” Kris looked up to meet her eyes.

Rule number 1: If possible, don’t fall in love.

Woori stepped back.

“Kris….what are you saying? Yemi…she~”

“We broke up because….she made me realize that…I was in love with you. She was the first one to find out.”

Rule number 2: Guys are just friends, nothing else.

Woori shook her head as her brows furrowed.

“I’m sorry to have kept this~”

“So for four years, you tied me down and lied to me?!” She looked up, her eyes already moistened.

“Kris, I trusted you like you’re my brother, how could you do this?! You lied to me!”

“Woori, I know I should have told you~”

Woori shook her head.

“I tried telling you….but…I just couldn’t afford to lose you.” Kris tried to reach for her hand.

“Well, at least you just gave me more reasons to stop my brother’s engagement.” She said before turning away from him.

 

 

Droplets of sweat rolled down her neck and bare stomach as Woori moved to the beat. It was almost two in the morning and she was inside the practice room, dancing.

Her mind was running wildly, she didn’t know what to do, she didn’t know whether she still trusted Kris.

Jung Yemi, there was something wrong with her.

“So that was why she’s so angry.” Woori whispered to herself before plopping on the floor.

Yemi was mad at Kris because of Woori.

Woori let her head rest on the floor and she started to breathe.

It was all just too much; Kris had always been a friend to her nothing else.

 

Woobin glanced up as his sister stepped in the house. His brows rose and he looked at his wristwatch.

“It seven in the morning, and you just got home, tell me why, young lady.” He said. Woori looked up, Yemi was already seated at the dining table.

Woori’s forehead creased.

“I had a lot of things to practice oppa.”

“Really?” Woobin nodded.

“I don’t want to eat, I’ll just go sleep.”

“I’ll pick you up later for the meeting at the company.” Woobin said hesitantly.

“Arasso.”

 

“Minah unnie.” Woori murmured as she stepped out of the shower.

She wrapped herself in her robe and reached for her phone.

“…Riri?”

“Hi unnie, I was wondering if you’re free?”

“You want to go out?” Minah smiled from the other line.

“Yeah, can we meet?”

“Of course, I’ll call you later.”

 

Lay froze and looked at his cousin, they were both inside Kris’s office.

“She got mad.” Kris stated.

“I told you, she would get mad.”

Kris looked away, he pinched the bridge of his nose.

“Kris..you had so much time with her, four years of having her as your girlfriend, you should have told her.” Lay chided.

“I was afraid….you know how Woori is.”

“Stone hearted.” Lay nodded.

 

 

“And I think it’s true.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++