19

Inseparable

 

Kris turned back, Yemi was facing him.

“Why are you here?” His tone was harsh.

“How long have you been with Woori? Four years now?” She smiled.

Kris’s brows met.

“Does she know? That she was the reason why we broke up?” She chuckled.

“Don’t put the blame on her, Yemi.”

“It’s fine, she….just started war with me.”

Kris looked at her questioningly.

“You know, aggravating people in their offices isn’t exactly right.” A voice joined.

 

Woori stepped in the room, she was clad in her usual low rise jeans and fit tank top, her jacket was hanging on her crossed arms.

“I’m only going to say this once, step back from the engagement.” Woori stated, Yemi chuckled.

Kris looked at Woori in surprise.

“Why should I?”

“Because I’m going to make you.”

Yemi smiled.

“You think I don’t know how this relationship of yours is fake?” Yemi laughed. Kris and Woori tensed, then she smiled.

“You can release that, it doesn’t change anything, I still don’t like you.”

Kris looked away.

“Leave, before I call security, leech.” Woori spat, Yemi was about to step forward, but then, two men in black suits entered the room and blocked her.

“Bye.” Woori smiled before the men pulled her to the doors.

“I’m going to get you for this, Kim Woori!”

“While you’re at it, at least try.” Woori shrugged.

 

Woori faced Kris as the doors shut again.

“You….look unwell.” Kris said, Woori nodded.

“I’ve been practicing a lot.” She bit her lip.

“Ri~”

“I’m sorry, Kris. I don’t think I can put up with this anymore.” Woori looked up, Kris felt his chest tighten.

“I mean, I love you but….I can’t give you what you expect of me.” She explained, her forehead creasing.

“I’m not going to ask you stay, you’re already on your own way.” Kris nodded.

“I’m sorry.” Woori looked up, then she slowly walked to him and kissed his cheek.

“I’ll be leaving.” She said before exiting the office.

 

Woori didn’t even flinch as her father slammed the paper on the table, Yemi had not joined them for breakfast.

“You had her dragged out from the Wus’ office?! What got into your head?!”

Woori looked up, her eyes meeting with her brother’s.

“I’m sorry, appa, I don’t want oppa to marry her.” She stated.

“Ri~”

“She’s not good for him, abeoji. She just got cut off from her family because she’s been doing dru~”

“Get out!”

“Abeoji.” Woobin stood up.

“I said get out of my house!”

 

“What?!” Lay almost fell on his chair.

He dropped his phone before dashing out of his office.

“Ge, it’s Ri~” Lay halted, Kris was seated on his chair. But his face gave everything away.

Lay stepped back.

“I must have loved her so much.” Kris stated as he looked up.

“Woori..she just left home. Her abeoji and her just fought.”

“They fought? But..why?”

“It’s about Yemi, hyung’s pretty worried over her. No one knows where she is.”

Kris’s brows furrowed, of course he knew where she was. There was only one place Woori would hide at.

But he didn’t have the right to seek her out anymore.

“Well, then..she can take care of herself.”

 

Lay shook his head as he exited his cousin’s office

Of course, Kris would say, in a way, Woori had rejected him.

Lay winced.

But why?!

Why would Woori reject him?

He sighed, he did not expect this to happen. Besides, Woobin, he was the person who knew Woori well, and Woori wasn’t the type to let just anyone be affectionate her, but with Kris, she was different, she was more open and bubbly.

 

“So, what in the world happened?”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++