38

Inseparable

 

 

Kris leaned back on the couch, he was inside his house, alone.

He felt happy that she was back, but somehow he couldn’t push away that feeling of frustration that Woori couldn’t remember anything.

He set down his glass on the coffee table.

Then he picked up his phone and called for his secretary.

“Yes, president?”

“All the articles about me and Woori, take them all down.”

“…Yes?”

“Not even one left, like…we never even dated in public.” He said before setting his phone down again.

 

“…Oppa.”

The doors opened, and Woori stepped back.

“Woo….ri.” The man from the photo was before her.

“Kim….Woobin.” Woori blurted, then she was engulfed in a bone-crushing hug. She felt her own tears stain her cheeks as her brother hugged her.

“You…You…It’s you.”

Woori’s head started to spin, memories of her family and childhood were rushing in her mind.

But that was just that, somehow….she felt like she was missing something.

“What happened? How…Who was the person who saved you?” Woobin put her down.

Woori just smiled.

 

Dinner at the Kim residence was a small one, only close friends were invited. Woori still could not remember anything about Minah, but she knew the she was the right woman for her brother.

“Not even Lay?” Minah asked softly as Lay stepped in the living room, Woori shook her head.

“Just…oppa…and my parents, I’m sorry, unnie. For not..remembering you.” She frowned, Minah shook her head.

“Don’t be like that, I’m happy that you’re alive.”

Woori glanced up as a familiar face stepped in.

 

“Kai.” Woori almost sighed as she walked to him and hugged the taller male. Kai smiled and patted the back of her head.

“How is it?” He asked, Woori smiled.

“I remember my family…but…just that.”

Then Woobin approached them.

“For saving my sister, I don’t know how to thank you, but we are forever indebted to you.”

“It was nothing, actually it was Minjun who saved Woori, I just…helped him.” Kai smiled.

“Minjun is this kid who lives with grandmother, oppa. They helped me a lot.” Woori nodded. Woobin smiled at his sister and shook Kai’s hand.

“Can…I speak to you privately, Woobin-ssi?”

 

Kris looked away from the two as Woobin approached Kai and Woori. He sat down across Minah.

“Why did you do that?” Minah asked in hushed tones.

“What do you mean?”

“Taking down all those articles and photos~”

“It’s going to make her uncomfortable, that’s why.” Kris replied calmly, Minah was about to speak when Woori approached them.

“It’s weird.” Woori started carefully.

Kris looked at her.

“What is?” Minah smiled.

“I was looking around my room this morning, I found a lot of photos.”

Minah nodded for her to continue.

“I found pictures of my family, with oppa and Luhan ge…but..most photos…I was usually with you.” Woori turned to Kris.

Kris grew uncomfortable. Minah bit her lip and looked away.

Then Woori smiled.

“I think Lay’s not my best friend like he claimed so.” She chuckled before leaving them.

 

Kai and Woobin stepped to the garden.

“I made my secretary send the address of the doctor who took care of Woori at Wonju, you might want to talk to him and discuss her discussion.”

Woobin nodded.

“Something’s worrying me, how was she when you found her?” Woobin said.

“She told me she remembered being beaten up, when we got her out from the building, she was all bruised and beaten up.”

Kai saw the older male tense visibly.

“The people who~”

“I put them all behind bars, but I don’t think they’re suffering enough.”

Kai nodded.

“Please help her, I think Woori feels guilty that she still cant remember a lot of things.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++