23

Inseparable

 

Kris was sitting down on the couch, Woobin was speaking with the chief of police with Mr. Kim, Yemi was comforting Woori’s mother.

Kris felt worry eat him inside, it began to gnaw him from the inside.

Woori had always been a phone call away from him, a few buildings away.

But now, she was taken away.

His jaws clenched and unclenched.

 

Woobin’s brows furrowed as he sat with his parents, his mother’s eyes had all gone red from crying in worry.

It had been a week since Woori’s disappearance, but still the police found nothing, not even a strand of her hair.

Yemi was sitting beside them, quiet.

His fists curled and uncurled.

“We have to find her, abeoji.” He stated.

“We all want that, but no one’s even asking for ransom, whoever has her must not want money.”

Woobin exhaled. He needed to talk to someone, and he was sure even if he tried to talk to Yemi, it would be pointless.

It was all just too much, he had just gotten back from Japan, he wanted to spend some quality time with his only sibling.

 

Kris put down his glass, he traced the sugar coated lid with his finger.

Music was pumping from all the corners of the room, but he never heard it.

“So, you think I would attend this three hour conference with you?” Woori scoffed before plopping on the couch. Kris nodded and walked to her.

“It’s going to be filled with old business men who~”

Kris rolled his eyes and sat next to her, gently pulling her to him.

“But I have practice that day.” Woori explained while facing him.

“I’ll pick you up with ice cream.” He chuckled. Woori shoved him away while laughing.

“Gege.” Lay sat beside him. Kris finished his drink and called for the bartender.

“Not a word..nothing.” Kris stated.

“Whoever has her..Lay, they’re not asking for money…or anything, that only means one thing.”

Lay looked away, of course, everyone knew that.

“They….dont need her for anything..they could just do…anything to her.” Kris exhaled.

 

Minah walked in the mall, just weeks ago, she had been roaming around shopping together with Woori.

She exhaled and looked down.

“Kim Woori..where are you?”

It was just four in the afternoon, but Minah felt tired, Woori’s whereabouts had bothered her a lot.

She was about to step in the elevator when her phone rang.

“Yes, hello?”

“Is this miss Lee Minah? This is Kim Woobin’s phone.”

“…Yes, what about him?” Minah blinked.

“He’s at our pub, he’s passed out.”

 

Lay stared at the photo on his desk; it was a picture of him with Kris and Woori.

He bit his lip and exhaled.

Who would kidnap her?

Not everybody knew of her background.

The idols she was working with even had no idea who would take her. His fists curled slightly.

He remembered taking a drunk Kris home.

It was all just too much for his cousin, with Woori rejecting him and now they have to worry about her safety.

 

But why would someone take her?

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++