32

Inseparable

 

 

Woori laughed as Minjun and Kai ran towards the ice cream shop, she enjoyed Wonju’s somehow quiet and peaceful area. The greenery made her feel light and happy.

Then she halted.

 “What are…you doing?”

“I lied to you, Woori.”

“Lied? What do you mean?”

“I always have loved you, not anyone else.”

 “Kris….what are you saying? Yemi…she~”

“We broke up because….she made me realize that…I was in love with you. She was the first one to find out.”

She gasped and staggered back.

“Who…was that?” She muttered lowly. She could clearly remember the man’s silhouette and he had the same deep husky voice but his face was always blurry.

“Woori?” Kai was walking back to her, with a worried expression on his face. Kai stretched his hand to her.

“Walk with us?” He asked, even Minjun offered his hand.

Woori smiled and took hold of their hands.

 

Kris nodded as the speaker spoke, Lay was seated on his left. It was the monthly board meeting of the company.

“Due to the Christmas season, sales have been rising almost every week.”

“One of our promotions at Jamsil is to get a boy group to promote for us.”

Kris looked up.

“Who did the HR choose?” Lay asked.

“Shinee, they’ve become a global trend, they will be a good investment.”

Kris nodded, his face empty of emotion.

Lay glanced at his cousin briefly, nowadays it was typical for his cousin to keep his cold exterior and keep his sentences short and blunt. Some women have expressed their interest at him the past few weeks, but nothing happened. Kris didn’t even blink.

Kris remembered the group well. Woori had been working with them, she was close with the members too, especially Taemin.

He remembered her last performance with the younger male, the dance did irritate him, but back then he had to keep it in.

“That’s good, please schedule a press release.” Kris said before standing up then he left the room.

 

 

Woobin hesitated before turning the knob. His jaw clenched and unclenched. Then he opened the door.

Dance competitions trophies welcome him as he entered the room, he looked at Woori’s vanity table, then he smiled. Bottles of her favorite perfume were all lined up along with her cosmetics.

“Ya, dongsaeng-ah, oppa misses you, what are you going to do about it?” He asked playfully, then he felt tears drop from his eyes.

“Aren’t you coming back? I’m…getting angry.”

Woobin looked away from her picture.

Minah stopped by the doorway, Woobin was sitting down on Woori’s bed. She glanced at the window, it was already snowing outside.

She felt her chest ache.

She walked towards him, Woobin looked up then he slowly wrapped his arms around her waist and pressed his forehead on her stomach.

 

 

“Seoul?” Woori blinked, Kai nodded. The two were having a late snack at a mart.

“So, you wanna come?” Kai asked carefully.

“What about halmeoni?”

“She doesn’t like the city, Minjun has class activities.” Kai said, Woori nodded.

“I think it’s going to be fun.” Woori chuckled.

“Is that a yes?”

“When are we leaving then? Wait, are we coming back by night then?”

Kai laughed.

“You said yes, before thinking about that?”

Woori hit his arm playfully.

“We can stay over if you want.”

“Hm, we’ll see Kim Jongin.”

Kai smiled and gently brushed the hair from her face.

“Eat slowly, Riri.”

“Riri?” She asked.

“I just made it up, cute right?”

 

“Ew, get away from me.”

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++