21

Inseparable

 

 

 

Kris stared at his parents, not knowing what to say.

“Broke up?”

He nodded.

“But…why?” His mother frowned.

“There are some things, we can’t…settle on.” He replied evenly.

“But four years…now all gone?”

Lay frowned and looked away.

“I think we’re better off this way, ma.” Kris nodded, his jaw clenching.

His parents watched as their only son ate.

Of course, they knew it was not better of that way.

Woori was the only person who brought out Kris’s warm side, he was always unapproachable to others, but ever since the youngest Kim waltzed in their son’s life, he had changed.

 

Woori stopped the car, she was stuck in traffic. She glanced to her left, the big façade of Wu Empire’s building faced her.

Her eyebrows met briefly.

She had heard nothing from Kris and Lay. She wanted to talk, but she didn’t know how to anymore.

Kris was important her, yes, but she never knew she felt that way.

She felt used and lied to.

But Kris had become like a strong wall of support for her, she couldn’t even bring herself to be angry with him.

 

Woobin stepped in the restaurant and found Minah waiting.

“You wanted to meet?” He asked before sitting down.

“It’s Woori, something’s wrong.”

“I know what she’s trying to d~”

“Kris and her are over, I think…just…..look over her.” Minah frowned.

“You’re worried.” Woobin stated.

“She might…do something bad..or be in danger.” Minah nodded.

“She’s like a sister to me.” Minah looked away.

“Minah, you know I would do anything~”

“Woobin, don’t~”

“I would do anything just to get you back, you know that.”

“You have a fiancé now, go.” Minah stated, Woobin exhaled.

“I love you.” Woobin looked at her straightly, Minah stood up, she shook her head and left.

 

Woori swallowed as she stood a few steps away from the center stage, Taemin was beside her practicing the steps.

“Your cue!” One of the crew hollered to them, Taemin gave her a smile before walking to the stage.

Woori followed him and looked at the audience, she knew Kris and Lay would come, she had sent them invites.

Then the soft whistling of the music started, Woori smiled at Taemin under the dim lights.

 

Lay nodded to the beat of the music as the performance started, he was seated between Kris and Woobin.

Woobin had been quiet all through out the event, while Yemi was beside him, clearly enjoying herself.

He glanced at his cousin, Kris’s face was empty of any emotion, but he was looking at the stage.

Then the lights went on, Woori appeared with a younger male and started to dance.

Woobin’s brows rose slightly as the dance started, even Lay felt a little uncomfortable, but the crowd seemed to love it.

Kris remained silent on his seat, not knowing how to do.

It has been weeks since he last saw her, and all he wanted to do was to wrap her in his arms.

 

Woori gave Shinee a wave before heading to the restroom, she was now dressed in a pair of skinny jeans and a loose top.

She stared at her reflection.

“Kris is here.” She murmured, then she heard a knock from the door.

“Secretary Choi.” She jumped before walking to the man. He handed her a thick envelope.

“I gathered these, young miss. As you said, no one knows but the two of us.”

She thanked the man before he left, then Woori stepped out of the restroom and opened the file.

Her eyes widened as she saw the documents and photos. Then she started to run.

 

“Oppa! Oppa!”

Kris looked up, they were outside the stadium when Woori came running. Woobin was on the phone.

“Oppa!” Woori was panting.

“Ri~”

She walked past Lay and to her brother.

“Woori, why?” Woobin looked up.

“This…wedding…don’t do this.” She said.

Kris balked.

“Ri, we talked about this, Yemi~”

She shook her head.

“Oppa, let me~”

“Come on now, sweetie, time to eat. Let’s get you home.” Woobin smiled before walking to his car, Woori glanced back at Kris.

She paused before walking to him. Woori reached for his hand, Kris gave it a gentle squeeze.

“I missed you.”

Woori almost smiled.

 

“Let’s meet tomorrow, I have…things to say.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++