43

Inseparable

 

“Kai…I was..”

Kai smiled.

“I’m sorry, Ri. I wanted to tell you earlier but~”

She shook her head.

“Kai~”

“In a way, you just told me how you think of me, I’m just a friend.”

“Kai, I didn’t know, I---I’m sorry, I~”

Kai walked to her and squeezed her by the shoulders.

“It’s okay.” Then he let go.

“I have to head back home in a few, abeoji just called.”

Woori’s brows furrowed briefly, Kai chuckled before kissing her forehead.

“I’ll see you at the party.”

 

“Kai had to leave, business matters, I think.” Woori said as they joined them at the table, she beamed as she saw the galbichim on the table.

“I’m glad to see you that you’re well settled, Woori.” Halmeoni chuckled.

“Then, halmeoni, I can just come back if I want to visit right?”

The elder lady smiled.

“Kris, eat.” Woori placed some meat on his bowl.

“But hyung, who are you in noona’s life?” Minjun asked. Woori saw how Kris visibly tensed across her.

Then she winced.

“Quite early, I must say.” Woori grinned at him, Kris nodded and took her bag from her.

“How was the game?” Kris asked, he gently pushed her hair back and poked her cheek.

“We won.”

“Good, and you look like you need a shower.” Kris chuckled, Woori rolled her eyes at him, Kris took her hand and pulled her to him.

“Dinner?” He asked as he planted his chin on her bare shoulder.

“Pizza?” She replied, Kris nodded and kissed her cheek before letting go.

“Are you okay?” She felt someone tapping her shoulder, Kris was looking at her intently.

“Yeah…I just…” She shook her head and smiled.

“Let’s eat.” She rubbed Minjun’s hair.

 

Minah’s brows furrowed as she sat in front of her vanity table.

Her thoughts were on Woori. She was beyond glad that the younger girl had come back to them safely, but she knew, she knew how she was hurting before she had been kidnapped.

Why?

Kris.

She sighed.

“Unnie.” Woori’s voice came muffled from the other line.

“Ri? What’s wrong? Are you hurt?”

“Kris….we…are over.”

Minah paused, she noticed she was holding her breath.

“But…why?”

“It’s stupid saying this, everything isn’t real, we were just acting unnie, you know that.”

“Ri~”

“I couldn’t do it, I couldn’t say it back. Yemi…He told me he loves me. Everything was a lie, he wasn’t waiting for her to come back.”

“Then, Ri, why would you end it?”

“There’s nothing to end.”

“Ri, you told me~”

“I know, but…..I didn’t know how to tell him, after all this time, keeping it in me, it was easier.”

“I don’t know if you noticed, but everyone knew, everyone could see how much Kris loved you, you, hiding your feelings from him, you did so well. But now, maybe it’s time to tell him, Ri.”

She heard Woori sigh.

“You love him, Ri.”

“I’ll talk to him tomorrow, unnie. I have to speak to secretary Choi.”

 

“They left?” Woori blinked as she found the chopper they rode earlier gone.

“I figured riding the car would be less stressing for you.” Kris replied.

Woori sighed and faced him.

“Why?” She asked.

“What?” Kris paused, Woori stepped to him.

“Why didn’t you tell me who you really were…to me.”

Kris felt his stomach tighten.

“Kris~”

“You remember?”

“Not all, but…most of my memories, most that are coming back…are about you…usually times I spent with you.”

Kris swallowed; she looked so beautiful under the moonlight. He missed her so much that it pained him.

“I didn’t want you to feel uncomfortable.”

“You..always think about me, but….Kris, me being your ex, doesn’t that make you feel frustrated at me? I keep on pestering you, even dragging you here.” Woori sighed, Kris shook his head, he took both of her hands.

Woori felt herself tense, and she looked away.

“I’m…just glad you’re back, that was the only thing that mattered.” Kris looked at her meaningfully, deep inside he was wondering to himself.

Just how much do you remember?

Then Woori smiled to herself, she stepped to him and gingerly stretched up to wrap her arms around his neck.

“You’re going to be at the party tomorrow right?” Woori asked as she pulled away.

 

“I don’t have an excuse not to be.” Kris chuckled.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++