14

Inseparable

 

Woori smiled before sidestepping the girl.

She had no idea what came to her, but there was one thing that was clear now.

She had to know who Jung Yemi really is.

 

Kris paused as he saw Woori step out of the hall.

“What’s wrong with her?” Lay voiced.

“Something must be bothering her.” Kris said, before the new couple approached them.

 

“Miss Kim?”

It was the chief secretary of their company, Choi Jinsik.

“Secretary Choi, I’m sorry to have called you on a Sunday. I was surprised you’re not at the party.” She greeted as she pressed the phone closer to her ear.

“I’m at office, preparing for your brother’s taking over, is anything the matter?”

Woori bit her lip, she glanced sideways, checking if somebody would pass.

“You know Jung Yemi, right? Oppa’s fiancé.”

“Yes, what about her?”

“It’s something…I need to know things about her, Secretary Choi, can you do a background check on her? I hope you wont tell anybody.”

 

Woobin and Lay talked, Kris felt clueless. Yemi was standing before him, clearly she was trying to put up her lie.

“How do you find the party?” She looked at Kris.

“It’s fine.” He nodded, he glanced around, looking for Woori. Yemi bit her lip and looked away.

“Ya, where’s my sister? She disappeared into thin air.” Woobin asked, even Lay looked around.

“Right, Kris, how long have you been going out?” Yemi smiled. Kris tensed, Lay looked away.

“Kris.” A voice came from behind them, Woori smiled before taking his hand.

“Where have you been?” Woobin asked, Woori shrugged, snaking her arm around Kris’s waist playfully.

Woori glanced at Yemi, briefly before turning to her brother.

“Oppa, I forgot to tell you,”

“Eomma asked me if I could help with your wedding preparations.”

Lay and Kris looked at Woori in surprise. Even Yemi looked taken aback.

“Count me in.”

 

Lay dragged his friend away from their table.

“What happened to your “I don’t know what to do”?” Lay whispered harshly.

“Something’s wrong with Yemi.”

“Wrong?”

Woori bit her lip, not knowing how to explain.

“For some reason, she wants to hurt Kris and….she talks oddly about my family.”

Lay exhaled.

Of course she wants to hurt Kris too!

“Ri, whatever you’re doing~” Lay paused. Kris appeared behind Woori, wrapping his arms around her shoulders.

“Kris.” Woori blurted, as she glanced at him. Kris gave her a smile before letting go.

 

“Really oppa?” Yemi chuckled, Woobin nodded politely and leaned back on his seat. The whole night, people were congratulating him no his engagement.

But he didn’t feel festive.

He was only doing it because of his sister and her.

If only he didn’t make that mistake, this would never have ended this way.

Kris and Lay joined them at their table.

Woobin saw his younger sister walking to them, then she paused, her eyes landing on the beautiful stranger who had just stepped in.

Woori’s eyes turned to him, then she turned back.

 

“Unnie.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++