11

Inseparable

 

 

 

Woori nodded as the sales associate went off with her shopping bags, Kris had stepped out to answer a call.

She pulled her Balenciaga purse closer to her and glanced around, then she spotted a familiar lady.

“What do you mean? I ordered that weeks ago!”

Woori’s brows furrowed as she stepped closer.

“Sorry, ma’am. There was something~”

“I don’t like hearing your excuses, what kind of place are you running?!”

Jung Yemi.

Woori shook her head and stepped out from the store.

 

Woori was still glancing back at the store as she walked out, Kris sighed and blocked her way before she would hit other people.

“Kim Woori.” He stated, his hand wrapping around her elbow.

“Oh!” Woori blinked, Kris looked at her questioningly.

“What’s wro~”

Yemi stepped out of the store and smiled at them. Woori looked away.

“Woori, Kris.” She greeted them, Woori felt Kris’s grip on her elbow tighten.

“Hi, Yemi, I see you’re out.” Woori looked up.

“Yes, I was planning to meet your brother, would you like to join us?”

“She can’t, we’re going somewhere. Then, we’ll be leaving.” Kris intervened as he wrapped one arm around her and started to pull her with him.

 

She can’t be back.

Why is she back?

I can’t lie to Woori anymore.

Kris’s brows met, slowly, he pressed his nose on Woori’s head before letting go.

Woori looked at him worriedly.

And he hated himself for it.

She shouldn’t be worrying, she should be mad at him.

“I don’t understand, Kris.” Woori asked, wrapping her arm around his. It was a natural act for her, but it made Kris smile slowly.

“What?”

“She..pretended not to know us at first.”

Kris shook his head, he didn’t like discussing Yemi, it scared him.

“Woori?”

She looked up at him.

“Lets’ not talk about her, hm?” He asked, Woori nodded slowly.

 

Kris pulled over in front of the Kims’ residence. Woori unfastened her seatbelt, Kris slid down from the car and handed her the shopping bags.

Woori glanced at them.

“Well, I wont say good night, I know you still have practice.” Kris smiled as she took the bags from him.

“Thanks for reminding me.” She said wanly. He grinned before planting his lips on her forehead.

“Well, you wouldn’t have to go through that if you work for your company.” Kris smirked. Woori hit his arm playfully before turning towards the gates. Kris chuckled and watched as she went inside.

Woori entered the house and handed her bags to the maid.

“Is oppa home?”

“Yes….the young master…he’s-”

Woori heard noise coming from the kitchen.

 

“Oppa?” Woori blinked as she found her brother drinking.

Woobin grinned at her and opened his arms.

“It’s my dongsaeng!”

“Heol.” Woori shook her head and walked to him, she pulled the glass and bottle away from him.

“Whiskey? This early?” She murmured and turned to him.

“Oppa…what’s wrong?”

Woobin shook his head at her, clearly he was drunk.

“Is this….about the marriage?”

Woobin just pinched her cheeks before leaving her.

 

 

 

“Isnt this too much?” Onew asked skeptically as Taemin pulled Woori by the waist.

“I think so too, why would I have to dance this with you? Cant we~” Woori trailed off the music ended.

“Performing with you guys, I don’t think its…necessary.”

“I mean the choreography, you are going to perform with us.” Onew said. Woori made a face, she stretched her bare arms. She stared at her reflection, she was wearing a pair of low rise Nike jazz pants and a ribbed tank top.

Of all people, why does it have to be her?

She shook her head.

“But Kris….a fake relationship?” Woori asked.

“I need your help, Ri.”

Woori turned away, facing the house’s garden.

Just a week ago, Yemi left him.

“Kris, Yemi…she’s…”

“Woori, you don’t understand~”

Woori stood up and faced him.

“Don’t try to lie to me, you were…broken when she left, now you want to do this?”

Kris swallowed and looked at her.

“I want to wait for her. I will, but my parents want me to marry somebody else.”

Woori’s brows met, then she nodded.

“Fine, I’ll do it.”

The reason why Kris wanted a fake relationship is so that he could wait for her to come back, having Woori as his “girlfriend” would stop all those dates his parents have been arranging.

But what to do?

 

Yemi did come back, but she was betrothed to her older brother.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++